PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 13

Here is a version of PacMan with a fixed target and equity protection value. Helps me better with my backtesting and trading stategy.

Below are some variable settings which gave the best results for GBP/USD last week but not sure why.

SystemWideParms=** PacMan Systemwide Parameters **

PacManSuperCell=0

SuperCellnumber=increase progression to 250%

SuperCell=3.00000000

SuperCell,F=0

SuperCell,1=3.00000000

SuperPacManSettings=Full Time SuperPacMan 210% or 225%

SuperPacMan2.25=1

SuperPacMan2.1=0

LotSize=0.01000000

LotSize,F=0

LotSize,1=0.01000000

UseFiboLotSizeProgression=0

UseMoneyMgmt=1

EquityProtectionLevel=500.00000000

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=3000.00000000

RiskPercent=5.00000000

UseConservativeRSX_Signals=0

MA_Volumefilter=No trades taken when market volume is below this

MA_Volume=250

RSX_Setting=Set RSX to 14 if using UseconsertiveRSX_Signal=true

RSX_Period=34

RSX_Timeframe=60

JVEL_Peroid=34

CCI_Peroid=55

cci_buy=-100

cci_sell=100

LongTradeParms=** PacMan Buy Side Parameters **

LongTakeProfit=40.00000000

LongInitialStop=0.00000000

LongTrailingStop=20.00000000

LongMaxTrades=6

LongPips=15

LongAccountProtection=1

ShortTradeParms=** PacMan Sell Side Parameters **

ShortTakeProfit=40.00000000

ShortInitialStop=0

ShortTrailingStop=20.0000000

ShortMaxTrades=6

ShortPips=15

ShortAccountProtection=1

ShortOrderstoProtect=1

Files:
pacman-eh.mq4  31 kb

Are there some settings I need to change to make it work with a $500 account?

I've had it running but no trades yet. What should I check?

Thanks

It hasn't signaled yet. It has to move into a signal. The market is quiet this week because NFP is comming up. If you adjust the ccibuy and ccisell to 1 and -1 it will place alot more orders. If your scalping thats good. You can set up a demo on different user accounts on 1 pc, keeping them all logged on. Thats what I do. And use different settings on each.

It might be a little conservative too because the defaults are what I am running on 3600$ real money.

Just be patient. It will come. I'll put something in the next version that displays on the screen so we can see that its working. On occation open the ea propertiys and hit OK. This will reload it.

Next version is going to be more active on trades, and more accurate at the same time. With separate ranged, and trend signals. And some more goodies that make sense.

Dave

edit..you can lower volume in settings window and get more trades too. Lower to 150.

Ok, thank you for the suggestions Conservative is good to

xxDavidxSxx:
It hasn't signaled yet. It has to move into a signal. The market is quiet this week because NFP is comming up. If you adjust the ccibuy and ccisell to 1 and -1 it will place alot more orders. If your scalping thats good. You can set up a demo on different user accounts on 1 pc, keeping them all logged on. Thats what I do. And use different settings on each.

It might be a little conservative too because the defaults are what I am running on 3600$ real money.

Just be patient. It will come. I'll put something in the next version that displays on the screen so we can see that its working. On occation open the ea propertiys and hit OK. This will reload it.

Next version is going to be more active on trades, and more accurate at the same time. With separate ranged, and trend signals. And some more goodies that make sense.

Dave

edit..you can lower volume in settings window and get more trades too. Lower to 150.

Every currency pair has different optimum settings. Just open multiple accounts with a different pair in each one, and backtest each for best current settings. Some will match up and some won't. Trade them all separately.

ericbach:
Every currency pair has different optimum settings. Just open multiple accounts with a different pair in each one, and backtest each for best current settings. Some will match up and some won't. Trade them all separately.

Current settings are good on euro$ and $cad. I am working on ausie$ and $jpy.

forget about gbp pairs. They take 300 pip moves with no retrace sometimes.

$chf might be ok. Use caution.

dave

rainx:
I think its not a price-filter issue but I know what you're talking about. I think its because brokers don't use ALL available banks in the Interbank-System as their liquidity provider. If you get a "compound" signal (from most of the Interbank-Connected Banks) you have ALOT of noise - in contrast to some russian brokers that have only a very limited number of banks... possibly just 1 ..... rats I was aware of this problem but I thought that It would only affect me when using scalping strategies... Thanks for now I'll try with FXDD

Brokers don't use any banks to deliver you a price. Broker price is arbitrary, but if it is too arbitrary then your profits come from their pockets. IBFX doesn't use any bank for signal, and they should be sued for their lies. IBFX partners with FXSolutions, FXLQ and Velocity4X (V4X is a white label for FXLQ). Look it up on NFA's website.

The past few weeks I've been working on an EA that runs very well on the FXDD downloaded history (which is different but not by much from the chart history). Downloaded history seems to be ECN data, the upstream price provided to FXDD by Tradition Group. (IBFX uses FXLQ, FXDD uses Tradition Group.) The EA runs a profit usually on the chart data, but almost always with any sane setting I use on the ECN data. The ECN data is much different, I'm evaluating the work necessary to write the EA in Python (preferred) C# (examples) or C++ (native codebase) so it can run against ECN data.

Don't believe IBFX's lies. You can tell when IBFX is lying when they say the word "Bank".

It is code blocks like this that make looking for zero divide issues insane.

if (nJMAs70[nJMAn] <= 127)

{

dJMAs18[nJMAn] = 0;

for( nJMAjj = nJMAs40[nJMAn] ; nJMAjj<=nJMAs38[nJMAn] ;nJMAjj++) dJMAs18[nJMAn] = dJMAs18[nJMAn] + dJMAlist[nJMAn][nJMAjj];

}

dJMAf60 = dJMAs18[nJMAn] / (nJMAs38[nJMAn] - nJMAs40[nJMAn] + 1.0);

I need to get this code reformatted, search for division, and then figure out the array values before I can troubleshoot it. Nikolay Kositsin has some code commenting, but it is all in russian and this code was intended to be hard to read. Cubesteak has nicely formatted code at least.

daraknor:
Brokers don't use any banks to deliver you a price. Broker price is arbitrary, but if it is too arbitrary then your profits come from their pockets. IBFX doesn't use any bank for signal, and they should be sued for their lies. IBFX partners with FXSolutions, FXLQ and Velocity4X (V4X is a white label for FXLQ). Look it up on NFA's website.

The past few weeks I've been working on an EA that runs very well on the FXDD downloaded history (which is different but not by much from the chart history). Downloaded history seems to be ECN data, the upstream price provided to FXDD by Tradition Group. (IBFX uses FXLQ, FXDD uses Tradition Group.) The EA runs a profit usually on the chart data, but almost always with any sane setting I use on the ECN data. The ECN data is much different, I'm evaluating the work necessary to write the EA in Python (preferred) C# (examples) or C++ (native codebase) so it can run against ECN data.

Don't believe IBFX's lies. You can tell when IBFX is lying when they say the word "Bank".

I'm thinking of opening a live account with FXDD. Can you let me know how to properly download the backdata so I can run some proper backtests? So I won't get a big surprise when I go live with some EA's

Thanks

Reason: