PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 31

Statement

Nice hibryd.

Thanks Dave.

Best Regards

matrixebiz:
Do you think PacManJr GBP$ is tweaked enough then? or are you still tweaking it with these results your getting? Do you think it's safe not to run on live account? What other currencies move the same as GBP$ to try next weeks tests on? Here are my results for this week;

I've been running pacmanJR_gbp$ on $jpy and gbp$ live 2 seperate accounts since before I released it.

As far as safe...Safe is a matter of perspective.

It is safe in the sense that it functions like I expect it to.

It is safe in the sense that its Progressive pip step allows it to take alot more neg move.Witch gives it an edge over most martingale ea's.

No trade day is there to keep it out of big friday moves, and hopefully close remaining positions before the weekend.

It is NOT safe in the sense that it cann't bust. Because it can.

You must manage this ea and with draw profits. But the likely hood of a bust is much much slimmer than conventional martingale ea's.

I endorse the use on $jpy, gbp$, with default settings. Because I am.

I do NOT endorse this on ausie, or gbpjpy.< ----most likely to bust

Tweeks.....I have recieved a multi pair mod and am awaiting forward test results befor posting. It will monitor selected pairs and trade up to 3 at a time. I havn't looked at it yet as you cann't backtest something like this.

No other tweeks for now.

I have been working on non martingale ea's. 2 of them. 1 is almost done. But having trouble with the other.

Dave

What is the point of making 6 pips profits and holding -400 trades until the stoploss?

Backtest Information:

Initial Deposit: $10,000

Settings: Default;

Pair: GBP/USD

Data feed: MT4 Server;

Broker Platform: FXDD;

I hope to help.

Files:

BrazilianTrader:
What is the point of making 6 pips profits and holding -400 trades until the stoploss?

Backtest Information:

Initial Deposit: $10,000

Settings: Default;

Pair: GBP/USD

Data feed: MT4 Server;

Broker Platform: FXDD;

I hope to help.

Don"t know what to tell you. Your the second person to give me a fxdd back test looks like that.

I have been running it on real money for 1 month. And my fxdd back test is posted with excellent results. And running the pacman's and bipolers since February.

Heres current real money account results. Screw backtests. I 'll show the real thing. 21% return in a month

Besides. Alot of people here are enjoying my ea's.

and the stop loss is not there to be hit except when it trails on the 1st or 5th trade.

You need to read the whole thread first. Martingale ea's have to be managed. A back test don't reflect me closing trades for the weekend. Or closing trades if my technical analysis leads me to belive the price isn't comming back.

And actually the equity target is for 10 pips on the initial trade not 6. Thats all a 1 hr signal is good for with no higher time frames confirming the move. If a 1 hr signal gives rise to a large move then a higher time frame was actually giving the signal. And the 1 hr signal just happened to line up.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Don"t know what to tell you. Your the second person to give me a fxdd back test looks like that.

I have been running it on real money for 1 month. And my fxdd back test is posted with excellent results. And running the pacman's and bipolers since February.

Heres current real money account results. Screw backtests. I 'll show the real thing. 21% return in a month

Besides. Alot of people here are enjoying my ea's.

and the stop loss is not there to be hit except when it trails on the 1st or 5th trade.

You need to read the whole thread first. Martingale ea's have to be managed. A back test don't reflect me closing trades for the weekend. Or closing trades if my technical analysis leads me to belive the price isn't comming back.

And actually the equity target is for 10 pips on the initial trade not 6. Thats all a 1 hr signal is good for with no higher time frames confirming the move. If a 1 hr signal gives rise to a large move then a higher time frame was actually giving the signal. And the 1 hr signal just happened to line up.

Dave

Thanks, but I already read all the thread.

I simply used the EA on the pair with the standard parameters and it ran odd.

I don't know why it runs that different from your tests...

And I didn't tell your EA isn't good, by the way.

BrazilianTrader:
Thanks, but I already read all the thread.

I simply used the EA on the pair with the standard parameters and it ran odd.

I don't know why it runs that different from your tests...

And I didn't tell your EA isn't good, by the way.

Yea I know. I am trying to find why it runs like that.

What are a couple of dates that it takes a couple of those large stepdowns?

Hello David, thanks for share your hibrid

A simple question? Your last version, pacmanJR, where can i download. I check the first page but there isnt in the zip archive and i cant found it all over the tread. Could you post the link. thanks.

pd: sorry for my poor english

Pacman JNR GBP

The EA is on post #249

xxDavidxSxx:
I've been running pacmanJR_gbp$ on $jpy and gbp$ live 2 seperate accounts since before I released it.

As far as safe...Safe is a matter of perspective.

It is safe in the sense that it functions like I expect it to.

It is safe in the sense that its Progressive pip step allows it to take alot more neg move.Witch gives it an edge over most martingale ea's.

No trade day is there to keep it out of big friday moves, and hopefully close remaining positions before the weekend.

It is NOT safe in the sense that it cann't bust. Because it can.

You must manage this ea and with draw profits. But the likely hood of a bust is much much slimmer than conventional martingale ea's.

I endorse the use on $jpy, gbp$, with default settings. Because I am.

I do NOT endorse this on ausie, or gbpjpy.< ----most likely to bust

Tweeks.....I have recieved a multi pair mod and am awaiting forward test results befor posting. It will monitor selected pairs and trade up to 3 at a time. I havn't looked at it yet as you cann't backtest something like this.

No other tweeks for now.

I have been working on non martingale ea's. 2 of them. 1 is almost done. But having trouble with the other.

Dave

Ok, PacManJr GBP$ beta does have the Hedge feature correct? I figure you can't really bust if Hedge is done proper. The way I see it is if you have a trade open TP=15 SL=125 and a Hedge order to open if price goes wrong pipstep=30 at TP=120 SL=50 then if price goes totally wrong and looses, well Hedge would have closed and you really only had a loss of 5pips instead of 125. I've worked out a few scenarios with this setup and can't really go to wrong.

matrixebiz:
Ok, PacManJr GBP$ beta does have the Hedge feature correct? I figure you can't really bust if Hedge is done proper. The way I see it is if you have a trade open TP=15 SL=125 and a Hedge order to open if price goes wrong pipstep=30 at TP=120 SL=50 then if price goes totally wrong and looses, well Hedge would have closed and you really only had a loss of 5pips instead of 125. I've worked out a few scenarios with this setup and can't really go to wrong.

Can you code that to work in pacman?

Dave

Reason: