Templates to create EAs and Indicators - page 5

Trading engine 4 - expert for MetaTrader 5

Based on An attempt at developing an EA constructor article.

This Expert Advisor is a ready-made code for an Expert Advisor. By enabling / disabling input parameters, you can get a lot of trading strategies in a simple way. Indicators (input parameters, declaration and creation of handles) can be taken from the Indicators Code .

Advanced EA constructor for MetaTrader - botbrains.app - article (MT5)

Generally, trading strategies can be reduced to a specific algorithm that can be automated. Trading robots can trade thousands of times quicker than any human, but not every trader is proficient in programming.

botbrains.app is a no-code platform for trading robots development. You don't need to program anything to create a trading robot in the BotBrains editor - just drag the necessary blocks onto the scheme, set their parameters, and establish connections between them.

This pattern appeared quite a long time ago (in 1978), but its first description appeared much later, in 1988. Since then, the template has been developing further, giving rise to new approaches.

The idea is to split an existing code into three separate components: Model, View and Controller. According to the MVC pattern, these three components can be developed and maintained independently.
In this article, we will consider a diagram of possible interaction between these three components. This aspect was not covered in the first article, and one of the readers mentioned it in comments. If the interaction mechanism is not thoroughly considered or is inaccurate, all the advantages of using the pattern can be undermined. That is why this topic should be paid special attention to.

Templates to create EAs and Indicators - MT4

The forum

1. Some good templates - the thread 
  2. function of "mql4 code" - the thread  

The articles 

1. MetaEditor:Templates as a Spot to Stand On   
  2. MVC design pattern and its possible application
  3. MVC design pattern and its application (Part 2): Diagram of interaction between the three components   
  4. Learn Why and How to Design Your Algorithmic Trading System 
  5. Idleness is the Stimulus to Progress. Semiautomatic Marking a Template   
  6. Universal Expert Advisor Template

CodeBase

1. Expert Advisor Template with Trailing Stop v2 - expert for MetaTrader 4
  2. Basic ATR based take and stop expert adviser - expert for MetaTrader 4
  3. Basic expert adviser with trailing stop - expert for MetaTrader 4
  4. Basic Moving Average template - expert for MetaTrader 4
  5. Basic Moving Average template - expert for MetaTrader 4
  6. Grid Template EA - expert for MetaTrader 4
  7. Basic Rsi Template EA - expert for MetaTrader 4
  8. Template Name - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  9. News EA Template without DLL - expert for MetaTrader 4 
  10. News EA Template Without DLL From 2 Sources - expert for MetaTrader 4
  11. EA Template - expert for MetaTrader 4
  12. Robust EA Template - expert for MetaTrader 4

============

Templates to create EAs and Indicators - MT5

The forum

N/A

The Articles

1. Using Pseudo-Templates as Alternative to C++ Templates
  2. Video: Simple automated trading – How to create a simple Expert  
  3. MVC design pattern and its possible application
  4. MVC design pattern and its application (Part 2): Diagram of interaction between the three components 
  5. Advanced EA constructor for MetaTrader - botbrains.app - article (MT5)
  6. An attempt at developing an EA constructor - the article (MT5)
  7. Trading Signal Generator Based on a Custom Indicator 
  8. Transferring Indicators from MQL4 to MQL5 
  9. How to Develop an Expert Advisor using UML Tools 
  10. Practical Implementation of Digital Filters in MQL5 for Beginners 
  11. Programming EA's Modes Using Object-Oriented Approach 

CodeBase

1. An Expert Advisor template - expert for MetaTrader 5 
  2. Indicators Code - expert for MetaTrader 5
  3. Trading engine 4 - expert for MetaTrader 5
  4. Apply Template - script for MetaTrader 5 
  5. Script and Template for Market Analysis - script for MetaTrader 5
Templates to create EAs and Indicators
Templates to create EAs and Indicators
  • www.mql5.com
Trading Systems: Templates to create EAs and Indicators

Hi Sergey and community.

I have been doing Demo account trading on MT5 for almost a year.  I have created indicators using ATR and Moving average, that look beautiful!  I have downloaded ATR EA trailing stop, but the EA indicator does not seem to match with signal indicator.  So, I am guessing, when I should not in my mind have to guess whether the setting of the EA matches the setting of the indicator.  That is supposed to be the science behind designing technical indicator that is mechanical and not emotional.  So, I would like to be about the business of working with a community of Advisors, who help me learn how to code mt5 using ATRs to trade successfully, consistently, and profitably.

https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/16851924/usdjpy-m15-metaquotes-software-corp

So, here is the link of my chart.  I will be so grateful for any help you and the community can provide me.  I want to lean how to make the EA do, what the setup of indicators shows me visually to enter, code exit to trail one trade, and exit when ATR changes.

Thanks in advance.

Bernie

Chart USDJPY, M15, 2022.12.02 12:23 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo
Chart USDJPY, M15, 2022.12.02 12:23 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol: USDJPY. Periodicity: M15. Broker: MetaQuotes Software Corp.. Trading Platform: MetaTrader 5. Trading Mode: Demo. Date: 2022.12.02 12:23 UTC.

PanteraNoire #: I want to lean how to make the EA ...

Articles

Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners

Samuel Olowoyo, 2010.06.09 11:37

The Expert Advisors programming in MQL5 is simple, and you can learn it easy. In this step by step guide, you will see the basic steps required in writing a simple Expert Advisor based on a developed trading strategy. The structure of an Expert Advisor, the use of built-in technical indicators and trading functions, the details of the Debug mode and use of the Strategy Tester are presented.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Hi Fernando,  Thanks for the link.  I will use it and write and the test, and backtest the code.  I very much appreciate your sharing this information.  I will let you know  how the outcome and results.  Have a great week!  Bernard.

Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 1): Oscillators
Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 1): Oscillators
  • www.mql5.com
The article considers standard indicators from the oscillator category. We will create ready-to-use templates for their use in EAs - declaring and setting parameters, indicator initialization and deinitialization, as well as receiving data and signals from indicator buffers in EAs.

Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 2): Volume and Bill Williams indicators
Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 2): Volume and Bill Williams indicators
  • www.mql5.com
In this article, we will look at standard indicators of the Volume and Bill Williams' indicators category. We will create ready-to-use templates for indicator use in EAs - declaring and setting parameters, indicator initialization and deinitialization, as well as receiving data and signals from indicator buffers in EAs.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Trend indicators

Sergey Golubev, 2024.02.14 03:39

Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 3): Trend indicators

Ready-made templates for including indicators to Expert Advisors (Part 3): Trend indicators

The article continues the topic of ready-made templates for using indicators in EAs. We have already considered the templates for connecting oscillators and volume and Bill Williams' indicators to EAs.
Here we will look at connecting to EAs and using trend indicators. As in the previous articles, we will display the data received from indicators on the dashboard created in the first article of this series.

The article will not differ in any way from the previous ones in terms of presentation - a brief background overview of each trend indicator and concise codes for connecting and using indicators in EAs.

Reason: