Templates to create EAs and Indicators

More useful pieces of the code

And an other suggestion.

May you create some thread in the end of the main part of our lessons or any time: most useful pieces of the code?

Some people started to ask the question about some pieces of the code already https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173026

New thread has been created.

newdigital:
And an other suggestion.

May you create some thread in the end of the main part of our lessons or any time: most useful pieces of the code?

Some people started to ask the question about some pieces of the code already https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173026

Thanks newdigital!

I've just created the new thread.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173060

Actually, templates are a part of the MQL4 language. If you properly construct a template file, you can use the New EA Wizard to create an EA using that template. I haven't actually done it yet, but it's been rolling around my head for a while. Maybe it could be another lesson?

-lcg

Sure

quksilver:
Actually, templates are a part of the MQL4 language. If you properly construct a template file, you can use the New EA Wizard to create an EA using that template. I haven't actually done it yet, but it's been rolling around my head for a while. Maybe it could be another lesson? -lcg

Hi quksilver,

Templates are very important part of MQL4 and it will be detailed in a coming lesson. But I can't talk about templates before creating basic Custom Indicators & Expert Advisors.

Thanks for the suggestion.

hi all

CodersGuru

Could you make one template for one indicator? And two?

tkx

When I asked about template I was thinking that we should have the code of EA and indicator but codes only, with everything and all that we need just delete unnecessary lines from the code. Template is not right word for it may be.

Let's finish the indicator's lessons first. And EA's lessons.

And then we may create the templates for ourself.

Templates in the way to you!

newdigital:
Let's finish the indicator's lessons first. And EA's lessons. And then we may create the templates for ourself.

You are right. We are going to know more about templatesafter finishing the indicators & EA's lessons

Expert templates (templates to create EA) which I have inside my computer:

- Expert Template for MT 4.mq4 (comments in Russian) and Expert Template english.mq4 (with comments in English;

- Expert Template add-on.mq4 (almost everything).

I am keeping it in samples/ExpertSample folder and open sometimes in MetaEditor of I need to create something.

are comments or instructions like //post your comment or instruction here

allowed to be posted further down the script to give us instruction on what we can change, why and what it does? Would be more helpful in creating expert. Make sense?

My Expert Template Please modify?

Hi all,

I have an expert template that I use, Which is generated from gordago.

However I would like to add other functions such as BREAKEVEN, STEPLOSS and any other functions you think should be add to a standard EA template.

I can do minor programming but this is testing my limits in which I have already exhausted.

Thanks

Jorgka

Files:
Reason: