Exit Strategy: Stepping Stops vs. Trailing Stops - page 5

Smart Trailing Stop

Hello Fellows

I Would Like To Code In My Ea A Smart Trailing Stop.

Does Anyone Have A Suggestion For A Good Method And Explain How It Works ?

I Heard That Atr Trailing Stop Is A Good One, Does It? And If So, What Are The Best Parameters To Use It ?

Can Anyone Help Me With A Script That He Knows That Works Good ?

Thank You All

Please Script TP request For all coders

Hello coders,

Need helps to build a plain script .

I desire to build a script which allows to modify a working order and add solely TP 20 point the upper of the price of purchase of this order .

I do not want to open an order with this script but modify of a working order solely.

Example slip this known script the line of the working and that order this script increases not the price of purchase of 20.

I looked for what I search quite a long time on this form without to find.

In advance thanks of your help

There was a person who looked at the coding on this stepstopexpert ea and said that they saw that it would only work on one trade at a time. If you opened up multiple trades on a currency pair, it would only affect one of those trades. This person asked if this was true and a couple others came after him asking the same question. Has anyone found this to be true thus far?

Thanks for the StepStop Expert EA!

Was looking at it a moment ago and can't really tell what the MinDistance variable is for. Is there a .pdf or .doc file that explains the input variables of the EA? If not, can anyone who uses this EA provide their settings or an explanation?

Thanks!

shadowfox:
Thanks for the StepStop Expert EA!

Was looking at it a moment ago and can't really tell what the MinDistance variable is for. Is there a .pdf or .doc file that explains the input variables of the EA? If not, can anyone who uses this EA provide their settings or an explanation?

Thanks!

Yeah..Im looking for the explanation as well. I don't know what StepSize and MinDistance for..

Hi V-X569

Regarding StepStopExpert EA setting ;

InitialStop = Stop Loss

StepSize - The amount of pips step, Stop Loss will be moved.

E.g If u set StepSize value to 5, Ur SL level will be move 5 pips in favor.

MinDistance - The amount of gap between market price with ur Stop Loss value.

The value to be set is based on what kind of pair u trade. For volatile pairs, it is better to set higher gap value, so u wont get caught during pull back.

Hope this will explain abt the EA setting.

Cheers

~Profi~

p/s me from KL too

profi4554:
Hi V-X569

Regarding StepStopExpert EA setting ;

InitialStop = Stop Loss

StepSize - The amount of pips step, Stop Loss will be moved.

E.g If u set StepSize value to 5, Ur SL level will be move 5 pips in favor.

MinDistance - The amount of gap between market price with ur Stop Loss value.

The value to be set is based on what kind of pair u trade. For volatile pairs, it is better to set higher gap value, so u wont get caught during pull back.

Hope this will explain abt the EA setting.

Cheers

~Profi~

p/s me from KL too

Hi profi..Thanks for the detail explanation..I understood now..

customised trailing stop help

I don't know wether it is possible, but I would like to create a 10 point trailing stop which is of course 5 points less than the standard minimum.

Can anyone help?

SiBee50:
I don't know wether it is possible, but I would like to create a 10 point trailing stop which is of course 5 points less than the standard minimum. Can anyone help?

You should try to search first ..... be a little bit proactive ..

Maybe you can find something in the below thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172924

Reason: