MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 802

I have a client saying that code working in Build 509 is now causing problems on Build 600 (MT4 freezes). I've heard of other people experiencing problems. How many indicators and EAs might this affect, dozens, thousands? What did MQL do to MT4 that causes this problem? If Build 600 breaks existing...
Hi im trying to program an EA tu trade on forex weekend gaps, but this week i tried to open orders and i wasnt able to send it? is not possible? im trying on armada and AAAfx
[Deleted]
Dear forum members, I would like a Meta Trader platform with pre-programmed RSI (Relative Strength Index) sound alerts built in and I pray to God that email alerts can be included. I tried reading the Meta Quotes help topics but I cannot get pass the “creating an expert advisor” button. Maybe I am...
Please I need with the below lines of mql4 codes. It fails to compile and returns the error "'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis". //--- input parameters extern int WhenToStartTrailing=60; extern int PipsToTrail=10; double Rhigh ; double Rlow ;...
How can i fix this. Whith older version I was able to open number of terminals that i want to and login to another accounts. Pleas help. Its very important to me. Thx
Hi!, after the upgrade im having some troubles in my server, im opening the metatrader and getting erro not finding Ex4 because is tryin to find it on C:\Users\reivaj117\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal . Is there any way to chane to the file where is metatrader is installed? inside metatrader?...
Which free SMTP mail server can be run on New build 600. is anyone have any idea.
Hello Guys, I am Back. Yes Back because I was 'Banned' from this Forum! I didn't get any warning about it though and it was my ignorance about the matter. I apologize for it and understood what I shouldn't had done. Anyway, I am opening this thread with the hope of the solution as this is the Core...
As the title suggests. Has anyone else seen this? I can create a set-up (on a live trading bot), save the set-up as set file, go into the tester, load that same set file and I find random things have occurred (i.e. parameters have been altered). The one thing that seems regular is that true/false
how easy count difference (seconds) between two datetime types?
  Heeeelp! heeeelp!  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi still on the lot issue, ive tried a script here that i thought of but strategy testing it gives an error wrong lot size. I dont know wether history data doesnt support some functions or what. The script is for EURUSD only. What am i doing wrong or is it a strategy tester problem? extern int
[Deleted]
Value1 =1.3224 ; Value2 = 1.3424 ; IF MarketPosition == 0 and L > Value1 Then buy("매수",atlimit, Value1); if MarketPosition == 1 Then exitlong("청산",atlimit,Value2); metatrader 4 conversion
Hello, I have some EA's that work fine at other brokers but not at Oanda. Oanda uses bridging software to communicate with MT4. If I get stopped out the EA is supposed to place a new order. What happens, is that after being stopped out on Oanda's platform, the EA loses track of my position and...
Hi, I am using a money manager EA that automatically adds the stop loss and take profit lines onto my chart once I place an order. I should be able to drag the lines on the chart if I want to change the stop loss or take profit. However, a few seconds after I drag the lines to a new price, they move...
I would like to include the carry charge in my estimated profit/loss calculations. How can my EA get that information ? Is it available through a MarketInfo() call ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~
Hello forum, I put this indicator together to allow me to mark some local times on my charts that I have interest in. Seems to work fine except for the labelling. The lines draw where they should, but only 3 of the 6 labels work the way I hoped and I can't see the error or difference between working...
[Deleted]
I use a grid strategy and since closing and reopening to the new build 600 my EAs have seemd to forget the number of grids I am in. Also it is placing the incorrect exposure. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Am I the only one having an issue with launching the mt4 build 600 terminal? I have installed multiple instances on my VPS yesterday and launched with no problems but trying to add a few more today and after install the terminal does not launch... Any ideas?
Can anyone tell me how to correct datetime for this update? This is a snippet that had been working for over a year. It's purpose is to detect when a new bar has drawn. Was bullet proof. Not now. Doesn't work following the upgrade. int checkTime(){ int thisBarOpened=datetime Time[0];
  OnTimer  (8)
How can you force an EA to run only OnTimer in mql4 and ignore any incoming broker ticks?
Привет, при открытие отложенных ордеров в MetaTrader 4, нужно держать его всегда открытым для исполнения ордеров или нет? Спасибо!
I did not want or ask for the mql4 update because I did not want to destabilize what I've had running. But when I restarted, there was the update and now some things that have been working for months/years, are now broken. Q1: Does anyone know how to fix datetime under this update? Q2: Is there new...
I see that this version does not comply with the above Experts and indicators and that most of them had stopped as well that there is nothing in the executable file for the new version rejected by the BitDefender So please .. please .. please .. let us choose or make you part as a prof and when you...
The for loop below v3[i] Is there any reason to create a conditional comparison instead of directly assigning v3[i] = val3; ? IE one vs the other below: for(int i=Bars-1; i>=0; i--) { val3=iMA(NULL,0,40,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); v3[i] = val3; // vs conditional below if...
Hi What function is used to move the custom indicator further away from the candle on the charts. For example: SetIndexArrow(0, 241); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,STYLE_DOT,1,Blue); SetIndexBuffer(0, v1); SetIndexLabel(0,"Resistance"); This produces and up arrow for a fractal, but the...
Hi, I am surprised that I do not come to a simple algorithm to obtain the net price of a hedge position. e.g. 2 diffrent EAs, one for long-trades and one for short-trades: [EURUSD] Open positions: Buy 3.0 lots@1.3515 1.0 lot@1.3525 Sell -6.5 lots@1.3540 -1.0 lot@1...
[Deleted]
My broker did not update to builld 600, can some one send me a link to it Thank Tou
Hi Forum, I created a small indicator printing the spread as a label-object. It works fine. I just have a technical question: The label-object is printed with every tick. Is it a problem when the object is printed and printed again? Is is "better" to delete it before creating it new? I do it this...
I get the error 1 parameter for ArraySize function must be an array with a particular broker. How could this be explained? double _V[],_value; if(ArraySize(_V)>0) { Print(" V value:.. ",_value," V first:.. ",_V[0]," V last:..",_V[ArraySize(_V)-1], " V max:..",_V[ArrayMaximum(_V,WHOLE_ARRAY...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am wanting to know if there is an EA for the following scenario I have an open BUY position that is currently running at a loss. Im bullish on the position in the long term but the loss at the moment is getting bigger each day. I want to open a sell position of the same lot size once it falls...