MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 803

Hi What function is used to move the custom indicator further away from the candle on the charts. For example: SetIndexArrow(0, 241); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,STYLE_DOT,1,Blue); SetIndexBuffer(0, v1); SetIndexLabel(0,"Resistance"); This produces and up arrow for a fractal, but the...
Hi, I am surprised that I do not come to a simple algorithm to obtain the net price of a hedge position. e.g. 2 diffrent EAs, one for long-trades and one for short-trades: [EURUSD] Open positions: Buy 3.0 lots@1.3515 1.0 lot@1.3525 Sell -6.5 lots@1.3540 -1.0 lot@1...
[Deleted]
My broker did not update to builld 600, can some one send me a link to it Thank Tou
Hi Forum, I created a small indicator printing the spread as a label-object. It works fine. I just have a technical question: The label-object is printed with every tick. Is it a problem when the object is printed and printed again? Is is "better" to delete it before creating it new? I do it this...
I get the error 1 parameter for ArraySize function must be an array with a particular broker. How could this be explained? double _V[],_value; if(ArraySize(_V)>0) { Print(" V value:.. ",_value," V first:.. ",_V[0]," V last:..",_V[ArraySize(_V)-1], " V max:..",_V[ArrayMaximum(_V,WHOLE_ARRAY...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am wanting to know if there is an EA for the following scenario I have an open BUY position that is currently running at a loss. Im bullish on the position in the long term but the loss at the moment is getting bigger each day. I want to open a sell position of the same lot size once it falls...
  sunday candles  (1)
I noticed that on my daily charts that I am getting 6 daily candles per week (mon - fri & sunday). Since the market is only open for 2 hours on Sunday, I feel that is skewing my indicators such as the stochastics & macd. Is there a way to merge the Sunday & Monday candle?
Hi, does the new build allow to use external DLLs - http, mysql requests? My scripts completelly stopped working after the latest update.... Thanks. JN
Hello everybody, I'm working on an EA which using MqlTick and SymbolInfoTick function to get tick data but I don't know how do back test to get reliable result so please share with me your knowledge in this topic Thank you
Hello again What is your best formula for finding fibonacci highs and lows. I have this one that works for me but It draws from windowsfirstVisible bar.. What is the best formula you have found for these highs and lows? int fibHigh = iHighest(Symbol(),Period(),MODE_HIGH,WindowFirstVisibleBar()-1...
Who is the best coder to look at with the most profitable expert advisor that trades with time instead of price. So I mean you trade now and you exit in a few minutes calculated by a formula. What is the best formula for this and who is the best guy with the most profitable expert advisor to look...
Hi say for example I have file with these signals. Open Date,Close Date,Symbol,Action,Lots,SL,TP,Open Price,Close Price,Commission,Swap,Pips,Profit,Magic Number 01/28/2014 15:00,01/28/2014 15:28,USDJPY,Buy,0.18,101.80900,103.65900,103.00900,103.07500,0.0000,0.0000,6.6,11.53,469222 01/28/2014 11:29...
For some reason my EA's files are no longer being read in the new editor. No error messages, but it doesn't get done. I presume it's a location issue. I started looking for information, can't find any. Does MT handle this now or do I have to specify where the folders are, till now I haven't had to...
Hi, Recently i have integrated the use of MYSQL Database to an EA and it is working fine. Yesterday, the MetaEditor updates to build 600 and when i compiled the EA and run it on a terminal, suddenly error comes up on accessing MYSQL Database... Does the build 600 not compatible on MYSQL? I hope the...
https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/1405842/usdjpyf-m1-one-vector-group?bind=1
I am new in EA programming and so happy when I first develop my first EA by reading from this forum. However my EA though doing what I like it to do been very efficient in trading every opportunity as instructed. When the market is volatile it trades so many in a day offsetting profit resulting in a...
I tried the following but it didn't work. The error in compiling says it expected each case to be an integer but I have strings such as "USD", "EUR", etc. double USDBalance;switch (AccountCurrency())   {      case "USD": USDBalance = AccountBalance(); break;      case "GBP": USDBalance =...
  Build 600 has this bug  (15   1 2)
Dear Brothers I founded a bug I was using this code to export the data file to c:\Data before updated to build 600 #import "shell32.dll"int ShellExecuteA(int hwnd,string Operation,string File,string Parameters,string Directory,int...
[Deleted]
My antivirus has picked up the Metaeditor portion of the new build as a virus and deletes it. The file name picked up by Trend Micro is "C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes\WebInstall\mt4clw.png\metaeditor.exe" When I go to the WebInstall folder this is what I have ... inside the mt4clw folder is this why...
[Deleted]
I have a new Macbook Pro and have downloaded Parellels and Windows 7, into which I have downloaded the latest version of MetaTrader. The font in the above named windows of MT is so small I can barely read it. How do I enlarge the fonts in those windows?
  taking variables  (2)
Hi, Is it possible to take variables from scripts,indicator or expert files for using in an other program(ea)?
So I have an active trade which was opened fine through the following code (ignore a, b, and c , because those conditions have been met) int ticket; double LongOpen, ShortOpen; if (a == true && b == true && c == true ) { ticket = OrderSend ( Symbol (), OP_BUY ,lots, Ask , 500 , Ask -SL, 0
The ex4 file calls a mqh file and from the mqh file is called a DLL file. It was working good with build 509 but now appears: Unhandled exception 0xC000096 What does this means? Any help? Ps. It's running in portable mode.
I have a DDE link from MT4 to EXCEL 2010 on Win 8.1 64 that has been working flawlessly and it just stopped working yesterday. I hadn't changed anything on the PC recently and no updates were installed in the last week or two either. I have tried all sorts of options to get it going again to no...
I am trying to print the times to my chart but the format is not correct: Log: 2014.02.04 17:47:29.079 Expert Time Check EURUSD H1: Local Time Is.1391536049 GMT Time Is.1391536049 Current Time Is.1391543240 Code:       Comment("Local Time Is." + TimeLocal(), "GMT Time Is." + TimeGMT(), "Current...
Does New MT4 download 90% history data like MT5.
I am facing problem with new MQL4 metaeditor. code intelligence is not smart like old MQL4 metaeditor. In old version when i write three word like "Str" in old editor there show lot of code suggestion. but in new editor code suggestion not show much. Here the image old MetaEditor: and here New...
i tried to find the setting functoin in mt4 android but not found i would like to add new account please help
Hi there I just downloaded from metaquotes the last build mt4 600. I'm interested in the new "custom" selection for genetic algorithm .. I try to use f1 button to run the guideline and read about this "custom", but it doesn't work the guideline! Did anyone encounter this issue? I asked pepperstone