MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 808

[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I'm having a problem but sure I'm just missing something simple. I want to ask the user to input a date and time but to make it easier I want to present them with the current date and time. However, I've tried the following line but get an error and cannot work out what I'm doing...
[Deleted]
Hi sir/madam : Unfortunately,i can't run any expert adviser in new version MetaTrader (bulid 600) please guide me.
[Deleted]
hello guys, i new here and want to create a MT4 client, first please guide where to find working MT4 server list. as i found these but non is working or may i don't know how to connect with. 66.114.120.22 66.235.184.206 66.151.194.185 207.228.252.28 207.228.252.27 209.61.206.23 83.220.163.101 66...
#property copyright "Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"int start()  {//----   string arrtest[4];   arrtest[0] = 1;   arrtest[1] = 1;   arrtest[2] = 1;   arrtest[3] = 1;      int handle=FileOpen("1.txt",FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE|FILE_BIN);   if(handle...
[Deleted]
I'm compiling my "old" MT5 programs in the new MT4, however, some of them use many Standard Library files and now can't be compiled in MT4. For example, the new MT4 Standard Library (Include Folder) doesn't have the Trade folder. Is this ok? Will this folder be incorporated soon? Anyway, I'm...
[Deleted]
Hello. Until now I have been using MT4 on a desktop computer. For traveling purposes, I bought a notebook and decided to install on it MT4. I am wondering whether is it possible to import into the notebook all my accounts, in order to keep trading while I am far from home. Thank in advance for your
If there is an update to MT4 and I am a running an EA 24/7, what happens? Does it just keep going as normal? Or does it auto-update then restart itself? Can you run two different EAs on two different chart windows on the same account (same terminal)? How many instances of MT4 can I have running at...
What is the minimum connection speed to adequately run MetaTrader with an expert adviser running, the minimum MBPS upload and download speed?
Hi Did MetaTrader update overnight and change its folder structure?
[Deleted]
Hi guys, When I recompiled FFCAL.mq4 (news indicator) under build 600 I am getting this error: 2014.02.07 11:22:39.207 stack damaged, check DLL function call in 'FFCal.mq4' (1511,17) Apparently build 600 messed up the DLL call to wininet.dll (#import "wininet.dll"). Seems to work fine if you use...
Hi, there is something I don't understand about this parameter. Believe me that I've been searching for a while. The documentation says: shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago). So if I use Shift=0 then is...
[Deleted]
After the Update to Built 600 Avira found a Virus TR/Crypt.XPACK.GEN in the file mql.dll. Avira deleted the virus, unfortunatelly together with mql.dll. So MetaEditor did not work correctly. No problem - i Thought. I copied the file from another PC via network. But this file had also the virus....
  كيف  (1)
كيف تثبيت اكسبرت او خبير على الميت تريدر4 او5
Hi all, Help... Does anybody know how to read the text from a custom indicator window using an expert adviser...? Any help would be much appreciated.... Thanks Paul
[Deleted]
Hi all, Iam looking for a tool or script which counts and shows the sum of my open positions in a pair. For instance: Acutally I have 8 positions a 0.20 Lot BUY EUR/USD (Value is 1.6 Lot). I also have 12 positions a 0.20 Lot SELL EUR/USD (Value 2.4 Lot). The script or tool should calculates BUY and...
  Chart Position  (3)
hi I have profiles set up in MT4 to view the charts I want with certain indicators etc. My broker has finally added 2 pairs I have been waiting on and I have added them to my profiles. The only problem is that the new charts I have opened appear last in my window when I tile them. I like to keep...
[Deleted]
I am looking for a script which will modify SL for all open trades (on chart) per certain period of time: Example I have opened 5 positions on eur/usd, each with 10pips SL. Now I want to move SL for 1 pips per hour for all positions... Does anyone heard about sth. like this?
Hello guys i have little problem with this code void OnInit OpenFile(xxx,FILE_WRITE||FILE_BIN ); OnTick or OnTimer i drop some data to array then OnDeinit() FileWriteArray(xxx,0,WHOLE_ARRAY) FileClose(xxx) and thats working fine in expert adv. After removing expert from chart i can access my...
Say you have a Problem or solution and you do not know apparently or are in need of a less complex method(ideas) on how to tackle this problem or implement a solution in MQL4, then this topic area should be a safe Haven(least created so). Let's be Professionals eh, C y'all. Happy trading folks
  Dirty build 574  (8)
Hi I can't find any process to resolve the problem. My EA isn't working anymore on MT4 574. I have also another MT4 broker with build 500 and EA works. What should i do? Cheers
#define SIGNAL_NONE 0#define SIGNAL_BUY   1#define SIGNAL_SELL  2#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4#property copyright "Yo, What's up"#property link      "Yo, What's up?"extern int MagicNumber = 0;extern bool SignalMail = False;extern bool EachTickMode = True;extern double Lots = 1...
Hello I am working on an alert tool that will alert on indicators events. I want the alerter be as flexible possible, so I don't want the user to fill endless properties in the indicator. I am looking for a way to receive the properties of a indicator already on chart. I wonder if there is...
  Please Help!!! Email Alert  (14   1 2)
Hi, Im new, and unfortunetelly I dont now anything about compiling and programming. I found a very very usefull and greate indicator. Its name is RSI 3TF. It produces realley good signals, also when they sometimes repaints, it works great with filtering the signals. But I really really need urgent...
Many improvements have been made, it is undeniable, the last that I have yet to look into is the debugger. But when will we see a native 64-bit platform that allows us to increase the computing power, so requested during backtests and optimizations.? When will we deploy on multiple PCs the conduct...
When I back test this EA by tester for the current 3 years, It runs Ok with almost no errors(except modify error 1). But when I attached it on living trade, no order can be traded, and the information about error are as below, and I don;t know why trade is disabled? OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots...
[Deleted]
Can someone please let me know where to find the updated MQL4 Book? I need to know what changes I had to do with my codes when I update my MT4 to Build 600. The information available in https://book.mql4.com/ is still showing the old version before the recent major change to build 600. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi All, I wrote a piece of code for mql4 in metatrader platform to do trade automatically. but surprisingly I don't know that it doesn't work. I've understood 2 things in my expert code: 1. the For loop just repeat one or two times instead of "UpperBound" variable. 2. in the log, I can see that the...
When i write this code:        int expire=0;       if(Expiration>0)expire=TimeCurrent()+(Expiration*60)-5; it show warning message : possible loss of data due to type conversion How can i solve this problem.
  MT4 updated  (2)
last day my MT4 software has been updated auto and I have a few questions about the new MetaEditor what is the" var" means and what to do? how shall I view the function, such as OrderSend(), OrderClose() and so on, in MetaEditor like before? Thank you!
For a long time I have aimed to implement automatic emulation of ticks from Expert Advisor/indicator (i.e. to enable it to "tick" itself), without using self-written DLL or scripts. Purely sporting interest, so to speak :) Although, maybe it will be very useful for someone, if his aim is not to