Allow DLL Imports

I am a relative newbie to MQL4, and I am not a programmer by training, but I had developed a number of rudimentary robots before the updated version of MQL4 was released, mainly just to give alerts, but not to place orders. I have developed two robots since then, and when I attach them to the chart, the "Allow DLL Imports" check box is unavailable and grayed out, even though I have this check box filled in under the Options/Experts menu. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this problem? I have searched for an answer within this forum and in the documentation, but have not been able to locate one. I have had considerable difficulty since this update was released because I was only just beginning to learn the language the way it was. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Charles

guy65:

I am a relative newbie to MQL4, and I am not a programmer by training, but I had developed a number of rudimentary robots before the updated version of MQL4 was released, mainly just to give alerts, but not to place orders. I have developed two robots since then, and when I attach them to the chart, the "Allow DLL Imports" check box is unavailable and grayed out, even though I have this check box filled in under the Options/Experts menu. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this problem? I have searched for an answer within this forum and in the documentation, but have not been able to locate one. I have had considerable difficulty since this update was released because I was only just beginning to learn the language the way it was. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

The check box is only shown if your EA uses functions in a DLL . . . looks like it's been fixed in a later build.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149849

RaptorUK:

The check box is only shown if your EA uses functions in a DLL . . . looks like it's been fixed in a later build.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149849

Thank you for your help, RaptorUK! I appreciate it. My robots do appear to be working properly without checking this off. See, I told you I was new! Thanks again!
Reason: