MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 795

[Deleted]
I just found out you cant trust a programmer here mql4/5 job and market section. Even if they have great reviews. He proclaimed that my idea, money is safe with him, and ended up stealing from me big time. How do you deal with this kind issues?
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to change the RSI period to 3 from the default value of 14. For some reason when i try to change the period to the value of 3. When i try to back test my strategy it will default the value to 15. Does anyone else also has this problem or just me? Please feel free to give me some...
Hi, I have started b610 in portable mode and that has changed the pasth-structure. Now I don't know where an EA or an indicator started in the startegy-tester would place its files. In the old version it was {mt4}\tester\files. Now I only have {mt4}\MQL4\Files - does this mean tester and live share...
Hello, Sorry for my bad English. I compile my old EA in the build 604 format and I receive a warning " Check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedence" on the OrderSelect line. I try to integrate parentheses, but the warning stay. If someone had a idea to delete
[Deleted]
Hi I'm trying to use the libmysql.dll in an EA, similar to https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10645 My setup is MT4 via Wine on Ubuntu (32 bit), and I only copied the libmysql.dll file into the MT4 libraries directory, no header files copied along. The dll file is from the dev.mysql website At
Hi, I'd like to add something like the image below to my custom indicator. I did this with MS-paint, but I want to do something similar in mq4 say above a target candle. How do I do this ? I have some programming background. So if you could provide a hint, I can follow that path.
I'm trying an Initiative here, please try to be constructive. The big-idea is documenting changes in function Behavior between mql4_Built 509 vs mql4_Built 600 and above. I believe this would work because there's a limited amount of functions. But other stuff are welcomed also. This is only for...
hi guys i thought i had this correct, and now i am doubting myself. I know we enter a buy at ask and therefore close SL and TP at bid and enter short at bid and close SL and TP at Ask. However my entry line, SL line and TP line are calculated off the bid. I have made no allowance for spread in...
I mark bug on ObjectGet function....follow example with debug I have on chart one label on corner 4 this is my function code int calc_Yaxis( int corner ){int i;int result;int objectNumber;int realObjectNumber;int cornerDistance;switch( corner ){case 1: cornerDistance = 15; break;case 2:...
Currently working on porting back an EA from MQL5 to MQL4. It was originally written i MQL4 but I needed the MultiCurrency functionality and tester functionality in MQL5 in order to get it fully tested. I am now porting it back to MT4 using the compiler directives to be able to keep a single source...
Greetings, The new MetaTrader 4 Build 604 its using MetaEditor 5.0Build 883. If one opens an mq4 files outsidethe Experts or Indicators folder the MetaEditor moves the file to the MetaTradersfolder. How can this be stopped?
with the compiler replacement of metalang.exe with mql.exe, has anyone found that the /i option in the compilier affects both the include folder and the debugging folder? Any particular issues found when using folder structures outside of the new default locations?
Hi, I searched here and googled is there a general comparison of what in /portable mode would work when coded and what not in b600+ except that the old ex4 should run. Thanks, Gooly
Hi, does MetaQuotes offers demo-accounts for b600+ for tests and automated updates? Where can I found them as my broker hasn't updated yet. Gooly
Last night my metatrader crashed and would not stop showing the "not responding message", so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, only to find that my experts and indicators were missing, this didn't worry me too greatly because as a rule I always save me EAs in another file, what bothers me is
Hi, my 'first' compilation' creates this warning: arrays passed by reference only myIncl.mqh      663     29 the code looks like this: void setPairs(string arr[][]) { ... Does this mean mt4 600+ makes no difference between string arr[][] and string& arr[][] Gooly
Hi, My disk c: is almost full. I just add a new disk. How can I have installed all my Mt4 build 600 terminals in F:\Users\Alain\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ or any other F:directory ?
Hi My EA can not work on forward test ! My MT4 build 600 back tests is ok and good . Why ?
Hi, My broker does not return a value for MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL). So, I use a hard coded specific value for stoplevel. (Currently testing only one market). Most of the time, this value works, but failed sometimes. Is there any way to try modification again after the error 130? I...
"while the language itself has been brought closer to MQL5 to the maximum possible extent. This means that MQL4 trading robot developers can now also enjoy all the advantages of OOP: classes and structures, inheritance, Standard Library, resources and much more" Above is what the help...
Hi, is there a chance to tell mt4 b600(+) not to use ...\AppData\Roaming\... for indis, scripts,...? I want to eliminate the use of this: C:\Users\cas\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A906EB93F9C6A030A98883A99CCDB83A\MQL4 and to have only the inst.-folder which is of course not a sub-folder of...
[Deleted]
Hello On my VPS I always had nine MT4 terminals running. Each has its own installation (different folder). All terminals are started with the scheduler progressively (every minute or two). Since build 600, it doesn't work anymore. Terminals are hanging, not responding. CPU is 100%. Of course it...
Hi guys, After two days works finding what was wrong.... 1) in MT4 509 I've used : if(atd_FixTime[u]!=iTime(0,ati_TmFram[u],0)) in V600 : that make as result : 0 !!! the good way for V600 is now: if(atd_FixTime[u]!=iTime(Null,ati_TmFram[u],0)) if help.., perhaps a bug..?? D edit for SRC...
[Deleted]
Hi, I searching in web and cant understand how it works... I have EA that at the end should write collected info in file (txt or csv) NOT BIN I'm collecting data in array struct dati  {   int            Tiki; //   int            Trend;  //   int            Sk;  //   double...
[Deleted]
MT4 Build 509 I have been struggling to get a handle on a problem with an EA. The problem presents as intermittent stalls in the running of the EA. Software Overview: I have an EA running in MT4 and a C# program running as an independent process. The EA sends short messages (~60 bytes) via Windows...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm struggling to get my head around the following: #property indicator_buffers 5double Buff1[];// ---int init()SetIndexBuffer(4, Buff1);// ---int start()CVF()// ---void CVF()double Var1 = 1.33;Buff1[i] = Var1;Print("Debug " + Var1 + " - " + Buff[i] + " - " + i); This will return something...
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to create variable up_0 and up_1 where up_1 is lag 1 period of up_0. I can do it like that if ( High[i] > High[i+1] ) {up_0[i]=1;}if ( High[i+1] > High[i+2] ) {up_1[i]=1;} But I really want to apply the below approach. up_1(i)=up_0(i+1) Could you please tell me how to do that? Thank...
could someone please help me?..my indicators are in the folder but they are not showing on the list custom indicators list when i open MT4
One of the great feature of the previous version was its ability to place tiled windows exactly where you want them. The order was determined by the order of the window tabs at the bottom of the screen. This is a fabulous feature which made it very easy to get my windows in order whenever I want....
[Deleted]
I have csv file like this: 1392249600;EUR;CHF;USD;JPY;GBP1392163200;GBP;JPY;USD;CHF;EUR1392076800;GBP;CHF;EUR;JPY;USD1391990400;JPY;USD;EUR;CHF;GBP1391904000;GBP;EUR;CHF;USD;JPY1391731200;GBP;EUR;CHF;JPY;USD1391644800;EUR;CHF;USD;JPY;GBP1391558400;JPY;USD;EUR;CHF;GBP There can be over 15 000 rows in...