MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 807

I have a simple example that doesnt seem to work. A script calls a function that should change the argument value. It works if the function is in the script , but does not work via import? Script Code: #import "libtest.ex4"int refTestLib(int &inout);#importint refTest(int &inout){    inout +=...
The Ubzen Challenge. Welcome to our very first MQL4_Forum EA Contest. We're trying to bring some Excitement to our wonderful coding/trading forum. In the spirit of that, we've develop a challenge which we believe to be unique to the forum of this kind. Being a programmer's as well as trader's forum
[Deleted]
  kill zombie EA process  (17   1 2)
Hello, I wrote the following simple EA: int CSV;int init() {  CSV = FileOpen("new.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ',');}int start() {  FileWrite(CSV, TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS), Ask, Bid, 0, 0);  FileFlush(CSV);}int deinit() {  FileClose(CSV);} The point of this EA is to collect...
Hi, yesterday my push notification still working fine, but since. This morning, I am not receiving any push notification on booth of my devices. I have to click on the messages to view the signal. Does anyone know what is the problem? Please help. Thank you.
[Deleted]
So the same data, the same times, and the same EA. I optimise it, record the data, test again with different dates, then go back to the original dates and test again and the resulting data from the first and third test is different. It should be the same. The data is the same and the test is the...
Hi, I have a wired problem with my array. I used to be a programmer, and I never had this kind of problem before... Do I need something special to use array in EA? Below is simply not working. Chinkou_Buffer[i]=Close[i] When I Print() these three values, i and Close[i] have values....
  MovingAverages  (2)
Anyone knows if there is an include file similar to the one for MQL5: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/77 for MQL4. Or if it is possible to apply averages to other indicators? Thank you in advance
hi, I am trying to calculate my lot size and it does not appear to work as I would like I try to make it seek the last bars to see what direction they went and increment my lot size using this calculation. So Basicly I setup the barcount to 1 before this sequence and I increment it as it does not...
Hi all, I'm working on this script: I manually draw a verticle line, then there'll be a Text showing the LOCAL time of that verticle line. I move the line, text will change. I'm using a technique of "tick simulation loop" found in this forum. But, after I move around the verticle line, I found "t"...
Is there any way I can prevent this from happening or to send the order again if it fails? My EA can place multiple trades and I am not sure if this is causing the issue, the fact I have 10+ terminals running or just poor EA coding on my part. The EA seems to run into this problem when trying to...
[Deleted]
Hi, how can I programmatically open an offline chart?
MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released Over the past six months since the release of the public build 509, we put in a lot of effort to improve all the components of MetaTrader 4 online trading system. MQL4 programming language for developing trading...
This indicator gives the value of volumes (contracts) as a vertical histogram. The total volume at each pip level between the high/low of a previous period (eg 1H/1D) is plotted as a series of horizontal lines at each pip level (rather like a vertical MACD). levels of low volume give remarkably good...
[Deleted]
With this code I can find, that, the highest high, is on the 21st candle / daily period, ago. I can also find the, lowest low, on the 63rd candle, f         int CntBarsz;            double Maximum, Minimum;                                            string text, UpSymbol="ñ", DnSymbol="ò",...
  Account Checking  (7)
Hello, I'm wondering if under the new MQL of bulds 574+ is there any way to identify if a given account is just a single trading account or a managed master account (PAMM - MAM etc...). I'm not asking for an IsMam() / IsPamm() function... that would be too easy... but I would be happy even for an...
[Deleted]
Please, help me. I have bought new mobile lenovo K900, after install mt4 so mt4 have install but not list broker server just only metatrader 4 demo server.. Please help because i want trading tomorrow or please updated mt4... Thanks u..
[Deleted]
  help me!!!  (2)
mt4 ver. build 509 broker:fxpro When i do restart platform, all toolbars disappear. file attach.
[Deleted]
Hi, Up to now we have been using version 509, and could start and run upto 100 Mt4 terminals on our server . Now with the updated version of 574, we can only start 32 Mt4s per server....does anyone know why this is and how to solve it? Thanks
I have an EA and test USDJPY on past 3 years' data, it is ok so now i attached it onto chart. but it never trades for a long time (I have test it on this period time, it should send order), I don;t know why? When I see the "expert", it said:"closeorder() error", why? never have an order, why and how...
I wanted to know how to speed up the visual backtester beyond 32. 7000 lines of code and with tick data (dukascopy via birt csv2fxt) each trading day is taking about 1.5-2.5 minutes. I was wondering what could be done to speed this up. I am using SSD laptop or VPS, quad core intel i5 or i7...
[Deleted]
I have searched the forum and cannot find a simple explanation of how to do this. I have downloaded my broker's MT4 to my VPS. If I want to create a second, or multiple 'instance of MT4' with another desktop shortcut and separate broker account, what is the easiest way to do this? I assume i can't...
Hi all, im wondering why i get all these warnings when i compile my old EA:s. They are working fine on build 509
  how to encrypt EA?  (10)
I want to know how to encrypt EA? for example, we should put in pass word to use the EA or use it for some time? thank you!
Hello I have updated my OS to Windows 7 from Windows XP but now .ex4 indicators are not working on mt4 on windows 7 ? Any Idea Plz
I want to use my custom indicator in my other custom indicator using icustom function .I have searched regarding this but nothing find helpfull .Can anyone help me?
if( Stop_Loss > OrderStopLoss() )          { Print("Stop_Loss and OrderStopLoss():",Stop_Loss,",",OrderStopLoss());            .........          } just as you see the code as above. what is surprising is that I see the values of Stop_Loss and OrderStopLoss() are the same in journal of...
Hello Programmers is it possible to draw 2 time frames like 1H and Daily in the same chart ? (1H in the main window and the Daily in sub-window) . Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm newbie in here. I want to make auto open position or pending position in MetaTrader using my custom expert advisor, but I can make open position or pending position, if user confirm to open position or pending position. My Question : i want to ask can I make open position or pending position...
We always try to improve the system of publishing your own programs on MQL4 web-site.The developers of the site express the following recommendations for the publishedcode: If your are the author of the script, you may leave the "Real Author"field empty. If not, please indicate the name of a real...
Hello, I got one issue that I need help with and not sure if it's doable. Is there a way to get historical equities (daily) for a certain account in MQL4? Please advise. Thanks