MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 797

I had four MT4 platforms on my computer using an earlier version. All of these platforms were updated to 610 without warning. Unfortunately, my broker, MBTrading doesn't support any platform greater than 509. I need to know how I can go back to version 509. I deleted everything and re-installed...
[Deleted]
Hello, Which version of Visual Studio C++ to download for : 1 - Learn the syntax of C++ and try to use my new knowledge in MetaEditor. 2 - Maybe develop C++ code in Visual Studio and then use it in MetaTrader 4. Regards
This option of the MetaEditor / debugger (build 604 or >) is very interesting. I cannot find any documentation. How can I get results?
[Deleted]
Dear All I always fail to compile MQL4 Code in Windows 8. The error message: "can not create the interface of MQL compiler" Is there some one can help me? Thank you
Hi all, after the update of my MT4 platform, I have this error when I try to compile my experts. Where is the problem? Thank you!
<Ads Removed By Moderator>
Edition of 600 built after glad debug function has been enhanced, but a fatal bug exists for the Japanese programmer. If you use the comments like the two-byte Kanji characters such as Japanese, it is not possible at the end of the string until you move the cursor. This is because it is counted as...
  Trade Viewer  (2)
Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and world of trading Was just wondering if there's any way to view the trades being placed by others on mt4 on whatever pairs and time frames? Something like subscribing to signals without actually having someone else trade on your behalf, and just being able to see...
please help me for new mql4 array. Error :'[' - invalid index value PricesmsAlert.mq4 17 18 // addParam(string key,string val,string &array[])string params [0][1];ArrayResize( params, 0);int status[1];addParam("xml","<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"...
[Deleted]
I just notice that global variables declared in a EA keep their value when you stop the EA, and are restored even if you close terminal and reboot your machine. So these datas are certainly saved on the hard disk but where and what is the format ? And... while I'm here,... ;) are these datas saved...
[Deleted]
I downloaded the files from this post (post1) because I wanted to start working with it. I set up a new demo account with my old broker so the MT4 is untouched and clean. I put the EX4 files in experts and reloaded the platform. But they won't show up on the platform. Is there suppose to be a delay?...
I'm affraid I already know the answer to this one, but I thought I asked just in case. Is there any way to influence where files for history, experts, etc. are placed? In the past they were located on my D disk which is a RAID 1 set up. Now they end up in a user directory on my C disk which is a...
[Deleted]
Hello, when ii try to change the value of a setting "input Takeprofit" then i get the compiler error message "constant cannot be modified" but why? It was always possible in the mql4 language to change the value of such a extern setting parameter . Is there a solution? I am thinking to write again
I have all indicator MQL4 files present in expert/indicators directory. I restarted  MT4 and looking for attaching one indicator from custom Indicator tab in navigator but I can not see the indicator in navigator.  I can see <some number> more.... and there are no rest of the indicators.  I am...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to develop metatrader at Delphi ? If yes then are there any resources available or wer would have to use DLL ?
[Deleted]
I'm interested in trying an Open Interest indicator for trading Forex on Mt4. Has anyone got one or used one? Thanks
hello i try to test this code in mt v 610 and i have a problem with open orders (this code from jimme) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| moving Average v4 .mq4 | //| Copyright 2014,...
Hello people, good day to you all! Is there anyone who can backtest an EA for me on the Natural Gas CFD?......I can only test it on the last month and start to forward test form now but I would like to backtest it ASAP as it appears to be a VERY profitable Algorithym. I will email the the EA to your...
[Deleted]
Hello, since the function Alert() does not work in EAs, is there somethink simular or a trick how o make a same Alert or somethink simular from a EA program?
I have an ea compiled from build 509 that I input settings in tester and the string inputs are normal (509): Then I use the same ea and run it in the strategy tester build 600: You can see that the string inputs are strange numbers instead of the actual inputs. Why is this? Will this be fixed?
[Deleted]
Hello friends, I am new to MT4. I found this ZIGZAG NRP an interesting indicator for trading. It does not repaint. If I can just stay with the direction of the indicator all the time, I calculated even though it gives loss in some trades, at the end of the day it will keep me in green. The problem...
[Deleted]
Здравствуйте, многоуважаемые разработчики MQl4 ! После недавнего обновления обнаружил, что некорректно работает ф-я ObjectGetValueByTime в данном контексте: datetime time1=Time[10]; datetime time2=Time[0]; price1=Close[10]; price2=Close[0]; ObjectCreate("trend_line",OBJ_TREND,0, time1,...
Hi there, I have written some code which basically loops through open orders and then filters them by their magic number. Something along the lines of extern int BuyMagicNumber = xxxxx;for(int PositionIndex = OrdersTotal() - 1; PositionIndex >= 0; PositionIndex --)      {    if(...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I hope this is not a silly question but if it is apologies in advance. I'm experimenting with different templates. I create a different template, load it into one chart and if I like it I then save it. But I then have to load in the template into each chart and this is a real pain...
While in normal times does not have problems in pending orders. During the time when the high volatility and pending order is not activated (invalid sl or tp) gives warning. my ECN broker digits 5 minimum distance : 2 pips please help me. <ADDED BY MODERATOR>...
The following code for an indicator just kept crashing / suspending (infinite loop, too many calcultion???) Can someone suggest a better coding practise to get a better result. Code is not tidy as it has been copy and pasted from different places and played with to see if I can get a quick overview...
Hi to all. Have a little problem. I m not a programmer but i understand a little in metaeditor. I can modify or change values in some indicators and that usually be ok. No errors. Problem in this indicator is that it shows candle pattern through all history of the chart. And i don't heed this, it...
Hello, I am NEW in Mql4 Coding, can anyone help me to add Parabolic Moving Stop Loss into my EA Please? Basically move the Stop Loss to current Parabolic Dot..
  Transfering indicators  (19   1 2)
Can I please get instructions in very simple language on how to put a new indi into an MT4 platform. If I copy a ".ex" file from one 610 build to another it does not appear in the navigator column. The same if I get one from an old 500 build. With both if I go to experts - indicators they are...