Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 806

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hey, My strategy works that there is a certain hour every day when the propability is the highest for a trade to be succesful. The only problem that I'm having is pulling the hour from the time mql gives may not correct itself for daylight savings and time zones? For instance if I specify the...
Guys i am very interested to find a way to get these 100ms charts . If any knows how could i do this, please share thanks
  Hi everyone! (1)
Hi guys. I am Mario from Bucharest, Romania, Eastern Europe. I have joined this forum to find more details about forex. I am interested in learning expert tips from experienced guys on the forums. Regards, Mario
Hi, does anyone have an indicator or EA that can read the tradehistory and visualize it on the chart, like the B/S symbols we get when backtesting ?
Hi there! Does anybody know anything about comparability between MQL4 and MQL5? I don't want to lose my robot collection!
Can I create "inversed" pairs in MT4? I mean, is it possible to watch "Eur/Usd as Usd/Eur" pair?
Hi all, this is an issue at the design level. When each order is opened, a calculation is made which returns two take profit levels, these TPs are internals and are differents from the take profit defined in the order at the creation level. The values of these levels are individuals from each orden....
Hello mates, I now know how to attain a variable value from custom indicator to EA by using GlobalVariableGet(). Custom indicator is ZZ_Repaint.mq4 with two variables "min,max" as lowest,highest values of most recent zigzag. So these values must be changed every tick. Please look closer its code as...
How can i add a column in the terminal that will show me the number of pips in addition to the profit in money.How can i add a column with the duration of each trade.How can i add a column with how much the trade went against me in every specific trade? Could you please help me with that... Ari
I see a coding as below to check the formation of a new bar but I am not aware why when the expression if(New_Time!=Time[0]) return ture, a new bar is deemed to be formed. New_Time is defined as 0, but Time[0] returns to date, eg. 2009.11.01 14:34. They should not be equal to always. Thanks for...
Hi pros, i'm presently running my EA with custom indicator on a VPS, and i discovered that the platform crashed twice within 6 days, and i don't understand why. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong? Any advice would be highly appreciated.thanks .
I have noticed that slippage doesn't seem to work (or the broker doesn't care) when I'm placing orders on a broker who uses the extra digit. If the market price is 1.23456 and I try and place an order at 1.23450 it get "invalid price" even with a slippage > 10, that can't be right. Am I missing...
if some one can help me out with this i'm trying to draw an histogram like this & so far without succes legend: green = above 0 & above signal blue = above 0 but below signal orange = below 0 but above signal red = below 0 & below signal...
Few days ago I opened, in MT4, a custom indicator loaded from a forum.Since that moment, the MT4 have problems opening (do not open). I used therepair function, and uninstall and reinstall the program, several times, andstill have the same problem. Why this is happening and what can I do to fix it?...
Hi, I want to write an indicator that draws 2 symbols (e.g. Gold and Silver) in the main window and their difference in the subwindow. How to do that when I must declare the property indicator_chart_window or indicator_separate_window?
Hi! I have EA (Yeaaa!) which uses selectable Time Frame TradeOncePerBar function. I want to store the value in GlobalVariableSet to prevent EA trading in same Bar when MT4 or EA restarts. Original function for TradeOncePerBar is: if (CheckAlertTime == iTime (NULL, 5, 0)) return(0);...
Hi. I'm trying to plot dots when a given condition takes place. For a simple example, consider bars that close at their high. Trying to put a dot at the low with this code: if( High[idx] == Close[idx]){ string DotName = "Dot_" + Time[idx]; ObjectCreate(DotName, OBJ_TEXT, 0,...
Apparently build 229 checks for a debugger and will not run if it is present. Not only is this suspicious, it also stops mt4 from running under wine on linux. Is this really necessary? 
good morning at all i am using metatrading platform for some months and i haven't had any problem with the expert too. some days ago my friend sent me an expert in .ex4 format. obviously he didn't send me .mq4 format i have tried to attach the expert at the chart but he doesn't work. he keep...
With MT4, I used to have EA alert me when a trading signal is available, then I will consider trade or not myself. But with MT5, the option to have EA ask for manual confirmation is taken out, and the EA will just go ahead and trade quietly, this might be good for someone, but surely disappointed me...
Hi, to get a full graphics display (without a visible terminal) i'd like the 'profit' as a visible point in the graphics. Where can i find that 'profit' variable ?
Hi to all MQL4 community! This is my very first post here looking for help because by this days i'm trying to customize this "Bears Bulls Power" indicator made by Waddah Attar adding to it a moving average but with no fortune yet... I read many articles about iMAOnArray and i understand the function...
I am new to coding and would like to add a code to expire an EA. So after the day I add, the EA will no work, and hide my EA setting all at once. How do I do this? Thanks :)
Anybody who can help? or point me to someone who can?
Dear friends, This is a sample regarding the usage of operator "continue" from https://book.mql4.com/operators/continue. I have a slight change in the coding resulting in different outputs. Could you enlighten me how the difference occur? Problem 16. There are 1000 sheep on the first farm. The...
There's no way to set the background color of a text object (OBJ_LABEL or OBJ_TEXT) that I can find. A workaround would be to draw an OBJ_RECTANGLE with background property set true. This is all well and good when these objects are in a fixed location on the chart. I want to be able to specify...
Sometimes I don't want to read the entire string in my file. I just need to read the 5th character and stop at the say the 10th. The string can have in access of 100 characters, and no delimiters. May sound strange, but there is a reason for no delimiters - so i cant use them in this case....
Hey there, is there any possiblity to access other symbol windows then the active one? I want to use ObjectsTotal on a window which is not the active one. But ObjetsTotal has no parameter for things like that. Thanks,f.
I have a doubt about the strategies testing of MT4: I try a strategy and gives me a result of $ -10.000. Then,I leave the same strategy, and the same time for the test, and only change inthe next parameters in "ordersend": The Operation type: reverted OP_SELL to: OP_BUY The Stop loss: Bid +300 *...