MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 799

[Deleted]
hi I would like to code a simple expert advisor but i have all the indicators but i have some difficulties. If you can help i will be very pleased Thanks
[Deleted]
Greetings I emailed auto-chartist technical support but I also wanted to post my problem here so that I could see if anyone could help. Here is the problem: I am using Ubuntu Linux as my operating system 13.1 and loaded both Wine and Virtual Box on my machine. They both work well. MT4 platform...
Hello everyone, I was running one expert advisor with trading comments. After the MT4 upgrade to the latest version the comments stopped appearing. I would like to know if other trading capabilities will also stop work and what changes we need to make to the source code. Regards.
Hello I'm looking for someone who could cahnge my EAs because of the new update. I'm not a coder so it is quite complicated. so pls conect me if you could do it for me. regards chris
How can I go back to build 509? My application does not work correctly on Build 600. I have many customers using my application and they are experiencing problems. I have no idea how long it is going to take me to debug the application on Build 600, and in the meantime my customers are stuck. I...
hello I'm not sure if there is solution for this situation or it is a bug, but when I open new window in MetaEditor for the same code, then both windows are scrolled up/down in the same time, and when I switch between this windows then they are all the time exactly in the same place. Do you have any...
Hi everyone first post. There's a bug in strategy tester where it flat out refuses to test the date range you've selected and goes with just a small portion of it. No doubt we've all experienced it - is there a fix? I understand why it happens when there's a chart problem ie not enough bars in...
Hi, I struggle for hours with this simple problem that was no problem before: I read the terminal symbol names and descriptions from the symbols.raw file. string sSymbol=FileReadString(handle, 12); string desc=FileReadString(handle, 75); Print("symbol#",i,"/",n_pairs,": ", sSymbol...
I upgraded to the new build 600 over the weekend. Unfortunately I cannot log into my live account anymore because the only server that is available is the demo server. Is there any way around this?
when EA succeeds to send an order, a small red line for stop loss will be shown on chart, just as below picture; shall I make it not be shown when the order has been done with a stop loss?
Now I have made an EA which is written by MQL4 on MetaEditor 5.00 build 883 and compile it to get an ex4. file. Now I want to give others to test within some time, so is there any good method to avoid it to be decompiled? I heard that almost all ex4. file can be decompiled, yes? whatever shall I...
Hi all, I just came across this problem in coding an EA and need know help/pointers as to how to go about it. Need know when MACD "Signal Line" returns a negative or positive value so i tried the following: if (macdSignal > 0) macdTrend = "Up"; if (macdSignal < 0) macdTrend = "Down"; if (macdSignal...
Hi, I would like to compare Open[0] and Open[1]. My broker uses 5 decimal. So, I would like to compare them as 5 decimal number. In Data window, I can see Open price with 5 decimals. However, when I do Print() it, it appears only with 4 decimals. ex) On data window, Open[0] = 0.89594 However, it...
I recently started developing EAs, and I encountered an issue. No matter what I try, I can't get anything working for a stable long period of time (2008-2009 are clear examples of that as shown on this image http://i.imgur.com/aBfheCB.gif)....
  forex lines  (2)
did you know this indicator works on which formula?
Here is the link to the VirusTotal.com analysis of the latest metaeditor.exe: http://bit.ly/1g4q7O6 Trend Micro and Ikarus report virus. Can somebody at the MetaQuotes raise this issue with the antivirus makers to resolve this issue? It makes me problems because I have enterprise Trend Micro...
Hi, I found similar topics on Forum, but they sounded not quite same as my case, and decided to post this one. I have following source code. double SpanA_Buffer[], SpanB_Buffer[]; //These arrays are re-sized and also initialized as follow. ArrayResize(SpanA_Buffer, a_begin-1);...
[Deleted]
Hello, This is the code I have in Amibroker. Is this something that can be converted intoMQL?. VolRatio_6_100 = StDev(log(C/Ref(C,-1)),6) / StDev(log(C/Ref(C,-1)),100); I see in documentation mathlog but don't see anything for standard deviation. How can this be done?. Appreciate any help....
[Deleted]
I wrote this code but don't know why is the Historical Volatility Value coming incorrect when using istdevonarray Can someone help ================================================== #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 2double HV[];double RoC[];int...
[Deleted]
I've copied my expert in MQL4-->>Expert folder,but when i run Meta Trader i can't see my expert in Expert advisors folder and i can't drag expert to chart,while my expert has been coppied correctly in this folder please help me...!!!!!!
[Deleted]
Hello, Has anyone come across "Historical Volatility" indicator. I've seen thisindicator on MetaStock however never seen discussed for MT4. Can someone pleaselet me know where I can find it. Thanks The_One
[Deleted]
Hello! I'm stojan, and am a trader since 2009. Finally I found a good strategy, which brings me perfect results, but the problem is that I haven't got soo much free time to follow the graphics and indicators. Can I please someone to make EA based on my strategy? Please write me PM Regards, Stojan!
Got the following code for reading a URL. However, there seems to be some sort of bug with string memory in both v600 and v602. The first time I run this script after starting MT4, the string return value is corrupted. On all subsequent runs, the script works correctly. A log of what's happening...
I have been running an EA successfully on build 600 since Feb. 3. I have been doing some diagnosing and testing of a totally different EA down below in the strategy tester area. Whenever I compile an EA down there, totally unrelated to the EA that is on the chart, the EA on the chart goes beserk,...
Hey guys, I read many topics about opening a chart with a script or some questions about opening a chart in an EA but I couldn't find a solution. My indicator checks different pairs for different setups. When a setup is found it is displayed in a kind of Dashboard. Now I want this indicator open a...
[Deleted]
Hi, with the new MT4 i feel the need to learn MQL myself. But i'm unsure which route to take. Here are my questions: 1. Does somebody know if MQL5 code will run in the new MT4 now? So that i could "just" learn MQL5 to work with both MT4 and MT5? 2. Regarding MQL4 - are the documentation / book here
[Deleted]
CONTENT DELETED BY FBI !
I have been with Oanda and using FXTrade platform for entering a trade, and MT4 just for analyzing the charts. So over the years I have not had to work with lot sizes due to the fact Oanda works with units - and I enter the exact amount of units for my position to equal 2% risk. However, now I am...
My MT4 has be updated yesterday auto; and now I find that my MT vesion is still 4 build 600; and MetaEditor vesion is 5; my question is that now I open mql4 file before and modify it by MQL4 and then compiled it to get ex4. file; now does this ex4 file can run well on MT4 pair chart? In addition, if...
I have setup vps for my EA. i have copied and pasted all indicators and ea from local computer to vps server. when i open mt4 terminal only indicators i see on left panel. no EA showing on under expert advisor.but ea still on experts folder. I have updated the MT4 and windows 8 running on vps....