Download MetaTrader 5

Where MT4 Save Expert Advisors Settings?

To add comments, please log in or register
What are the latest MQL5.community news? The Wall section will tell you!
luxorlo
luxorlo 2014.03.05 18:38 

Hi,

I have been searching in all of the MT4 folders (build 600) trying to find where the settings for a EA are saved once the MT4 is shutdown. When metatrader is opened again the settings are load with the last changes... but I can´t see from where MT4 is loading them.

Any ideas??

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

Ubzen
Ubzen 2014.03.05 18:41  
luxorlo:

Hi,

I have been searching in all of the MT4 folders (build 600) trying to find where the settings for a EA are saved once the MT4 is shutdown. When metatrader is opened again the settings are load with the last changes... but I can´t see from where MT4 is loading them.

Any ideas??

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

You might find this article helpful.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1388

gchrmt4
gchrmt4 2014.03.05 18:45  
luxorlo:

The fact of an EA being attached to a chart, and the EA's settings on the chart, are stored in the chart file (the .chr file in a subdirectory under profiles).
luxorlo
luxorlo 2014.03.05 21:58  
gchrmt4:
The fact of an EA being attached to a chart, and the EA's settings on the chart, are stored in the chart file (the .chr file in a subdirectory under profiles).

Thanks a lot gchrmt4. Your answer helped me to find the information I was looking for! cool!!

To add comments, please log in or register