MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 805

[Deleted]
  Need help with time filter  (16   1 2)
Hi all, Having an issue closing orders . Here is the code for filtering: if (( Hour ()>= 0 && Hour ()<= 4 || Hour ()>= 8 && Hour ()<= 24 )) return ( false ); This is working fine, new trades are not opening. The issue is getting out of the trade. Ie. trade is placed at 7:45am gmt and exit is
[Deleted]
Hello, I've decided to play around with the alligator indicator after having a look at it over the past week or so. I slotted in the parameters for this indicator into a pre-existing EA from Meta-Quotes (which, unmodified, works). The EA opens SELL positions, modifies them appropriately and closes...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I'll apologise first if this is a noobie/already asked question (I've spent all afternoon searching) and as you can see this is my very first post. I'm trying to find an EA that will continuously monitor a chart. If it detects an open trade it will wait until a certain amount of profit...
Hi, I have a quick question. What do the 2 vertical lines mean in metaeditor. Are they just like the "&&: symbol. For example: if((s1[i] < Low[i] && s2[i] < Low[i] && s3[i] < Low[i] && s4[i + 1] > High[i + 1] && s4[i] < Low[i]) || (s1[i] < Low[i] && s2[i] < Low[i] && s3[i + 1] > High[i + 1] &&...
[Deleted]
  orderopentime  (7)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| RPoint. mq4 | //| Copyright © 2004, Poul_Trade_Forum | //| Aborigen | //| http://forex.kbpauk.ru/ | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "Poul Trade Forum"...
[Deleted]
I've been doing some research online about how to back-test properly and I have a few questions: I found some sources that explain how to backtest with tick data, without explaining the need for that very much. Is this really necessary for all strategies? There are other options for the modelling...
  Crosshair issues  (1)
The crosshair I have noticed is often out by 2 or 3 pips. Is there a work around this? Ta
[Deleted]
Hi All, I would like to get some advice on an issue I'm currently having with coding the logic for my EA. The EA is is to open a position based on a specified signal which it does. It is also to exit said position based on one of two exit signals. The problem is with a third exit signal. This third...
  Running 100 MT4 Terminals  (23   1 2 3)
Hi there, I am currently working on a project that will require me to run 100 MT4 terminals simultaneously. Can someone tell me what are the hardward & operating system required to run 100 MT4 terminal simultaneously? Is it better with Linux or Windows. Can I do this on a QUAD PC or Dell Server
Hello forum, hope you might help with this quick question I have tried to create from scratch a simple indicator that draws a channel for the high or low values of a specified period of bars. Yes I know there are versions of this available, but trying to learn to do myself. Seems to work well in...
I want to close a position entirely. It does not matter what its lot size, slippage or whether it is long or short. What parameters should I put in? Would 0 work? OrderClose ( OrderTicket (), 0 , 0 , 0 ,Violet);
  counting bars  (6)
Hey, I want to count the number of bars it has been since the last MA crossover. Example chart below, which would have the answer of12 bars including the current bar. I think I need to use a for or while loop of some sort but I never really understood them when I went through an online JS course....
  Lot size reset  (4)
Dears i`v created an expert advisor with (Etasoft forex generator v 4): That expert is multiply the lot size if the last trade has been reached the TP so the steps are : 1 - open market orders (buy & sell) at the same time with inital lot size 0.01 no SP and 3 pips TP 2 - if the price goes up for 6...
I'm new to this and the terminology is not what im used to i.e.(pips, higher highs, higher lows, etc.) is there a better library out there that can speak in layman's terms like if you want to open a order 30 pips above the sma it would be 30 * pips > 60 sma.
Hi everybody, I'm testing the new build 579 and it's MQL4.5 language I've a problem with input parameter names. Here's the mql5 guide: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/variables/inputvariables I've write this Test indicator, with #property strict command and everything is working properly,...
how can i do this ? i try but i can't ? what's wrong ?? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                        Custom Moving Average.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
[Deleted]
Hi all, I use a couple of long and short 'MAs' for trailing stops. I am trying code out the following Buy scenario : 1. price is above, price breaks short ma downside - close trade 2. If breakeven is triggered, then get out when long term Ma is triggered to the downside (ignoring short...
Hello I would like to start by saying that I did read the MT4 Help page on how the Tester Report values are calculated AND that I did search the forum for "Maximal Drawdown Tester" and I did not find an answer to my problem so here goes... Firstly I would like confirm that my understanding of...
[Deleted]
hi, I have a problem with the SendNotification function. It works well but only once. In the sample code there should be 5 Messages and each time I expect 1 Mail, 1 PushNotification and 1 entry in the Log. In the result I get 5 eMails, 1 PushNotification and 5 rows in the Logfile. Any idea where the...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know of a way of preventing build 509 from autoupdateing to a newer version? .. thanks in advance! :)
  WindowScreenShot problem  (34   1 2 3 4)
Hello, In costum indicator WindowScreenShot is working prfectly. Create an pictures at 5 minutes eg: 10:15,10:20, etc... And After a period(random) of time does not work. Not write the file. Why? GetLastError() not signal error. Apparently all good. THX
[Deleted]
  build 509 bug  (3)
Check my attch file. brokers are fxpro and avatrade.
I'm moving indicators out of the Indicators folder (both ex4 and mq4) and the folder is empty but still appear in Navigator. Files can still be dropped on the chart -but not modified. Strange and its difficult find whats causing the problem because I then delete the indicators folder and the
[Deleted]
I wrote a indicator in which I define a single dimentional array. I want to give it a very long size such as  60,000 for example. But I cann't. MT4 accepts 2,200, but does not 2,250 nor above. Its timeframe is H1. So 2,250 is not so far as enough as we can be provided. Then I think MQL may have a...
if my broker have a trailing stop of 20 point how i can crate a trailing stop of number of point <20 ? i have already try with global variable, setting line but every one are often too late and the price drop the setting how i can do ?
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm running into strange issues with division and MQL4 (not the first time, but this time it's worse). In the past I"ve had to work around some division hiccups that MQL4 didn't want to do, in some of the more compound structured formulas. But this time, it won't divide at all, at least in...
[Deleted]
Here i make a modification of level trading 123 but cant get some mistakes ive made Please say where i could have made a mistake or missed something //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                Level Trading.mq4...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I am not a mql coder nor software expert. I have this code in my indicator, which is below code. I need your expert help/advise how to get this Time Filter running 24/5. Thanks. <CODE REMOVED >
Hi All, I try to make and execute the EA my own but, there are compiling warnings. There is code of EA below that I made and I need some help to execute this EA. If you have any recommendation that will be great for me. Additionally, I also would like to add up for this EA, when it opens position...
Hello, If an EA is running on a certain time frame can I switch time frames or will this disrupt things. At the moment I am running an EA that is designed to continuously manage positions and re enter new positions if we are stopped out. Switching time frames seems to mess things up. Thanks.