MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 704

Hello everyone                Do not display on the right side of the price scale?     ------------------------------------------------------------     The foreground color is None do not display the price, but But a black edge display.    
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get price information of a symbol from the inside of a custom indicator which is loaded on another symbol. Actually I've tried different combinations of custom indicators/symbols and I can't get the "another symbol rates" to correctly get updated, in order to get, for...
Hi , I'm trying to return the parameters from the OrderClose function event.  I want to load it into an array as each one occurs. Example: When a Take Profit or StopLoss is hit, the order is closed . I want know When and at what price it closed, as it occurs.  The problem I'm having is that the...
I have recently download the meta trader 4 platform.  I have my own back testing engine which stores some output in my sql server database. The output depends on the model I am testing. However the output can just be as simple as the time of entry of a trade. Say I have run a back test simulation (i...
  I made one of these things once ...  (170   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
One day I suddenly realised a simple thing: least-squares approximation is essentially about minimising a linear combination of vectors. That is, some kind of universal approximator function can be manufactured. It's a done deal, so here is the title of the function
[Deleted]
unsure if MQ keeps this stderror up to date or not but thought no harm in posting :) have added to mine as handling ALL MQ published server+runtime errors 4072 ERR_INDICATOR_CANNOT_LOAD Cannot load custom indicator   MetaEditor Version 5.00 Build 996 (24 Oct 2014)   Note: above also applies to ....
  Comment()  (1)
When in visual backtesting I can use 'Comment()' in the EA to show parameters. It appears on top left screen.When in normal backtesting - how do you get to do similar?... i.e. replace the Comment that is automatically placed there. -" NameEA Input: abc=1, def=2,.... "etc.i.e. I want to list...
Hello everyone. I have tick scalper EA which gives exellent result on strategy tester but on live accounts it gives negative result. Also the number of trades is significantly more on the live account and much less on the tester. Usually more than 2-3 times. I'm not the developer of the EA so I...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an indicator which is in TradeStation. I have already had the function written in MQL but the developer went awol. I hope that its simple to finish because the actual indicator is very simple. In TradeStation this is the code   Inputs:                 Price(Close),...
Hello,    I would like to debug my EA (using the debug facility of MetaEditor) on the weekend, when the markets are closed. So I would need to debug it without live data, just with historical ones.  I couldn't find a way to do so. Anyone knows?   thanks,  
I can write files to say a .dat file, but I'm looking to write to .csv, and to sort data into different columns and cells. I'm also looking to be able to retrieve "individual cell" data through my EA. Can anyone help, point me in a direction, or provide a sample for me? Thank you!
  The triangles are advancing.  (292   1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30)
On the front page of the MQL4 forum, triangles are gaining ground from pentagons. Will there come a moment when they will displace them completely? :)))
Gentlemen, you know very well that the only way to fight spam is to NOT react. If you have reacted, then the spammer's thread has risen to the top... it means it will stay on the front page longer... it means more people will read it... that means you helped the spammer take our attention and
Is there a simple method of capturing all the names and associated values of chart objects other  than having to iterate through the  ObjectName  and then using ObjectType  & ObjectGet? My aim is to  save the object to datestamped  file(s) before switching templates, after which I can then...
I recently changed to a different broker and found the available currency airs (or symbols) were different. Is there any easy way to :- 1. Access all Symbols from an EA 2. Check the availability of a Symbol from an EA
  Trade manager EA  (1)
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a trade manager EA (free or paid versions) which provides flexibility around trailing stop loss methods and at what point they are implemented. e.g. I might want my stop loss to be initially moving after I've reached +50 pips at which point it would trail in line...
  Offline behavior  (5)
I have a terminal that has never been connected to an account. The installer was downloaded directly from MetaQuotes, and I skip the account creation screens everytime.  I use the terminal solely for backtesting with pre-downloaded tickdata. The other day I started getting UAC messages about...
Hi, can anyone share with me a working source code to build CONSTANT RANGE BAR charts ? Pseudocode is also accepted, i have no clue how to do it, and I cant find any tutorial on the internet which would explain how CRB charts are constructed. I dont want RENKO CHART, there is a difference, I want...
So there is a problem. I open an order, and while order close parameters do not trigger, EA does not open another order. If i put orderclose lines in the same text as orderopen, i get  all orders closed at the same date when back test ends. If i put more than 0 in calculate current orders function,...
I don't know if you can tell or not, I'm not a computer person.  I'm explaining my problem the best way I know how.  When I open up my mt4 platform the chart goes behind the market and navigator charts. I've tried everything I know but I can't find anything on how to make the chart fit into the...
Hello I have code it for two positions (other is for hedging). But I need trailing stop two position(one magic number) all. Is there any code about trailing?  
[Deleted]
as it is seen demo signals are not showcase anymore in mql4/mql5 sites.i feel this is very bad because now metaquotes seems to want to only attract experience traders to visit thier site and not amateurs traders!whats so wrong with demo trading and demo signals before one get some good experience to...
[Deleted]
some difficulty here!standard indicators values in different timeframe can be easily displayed as a row or column but seems impossible with custom indicator called using icustom function.what are the conditions?can anyone clarify please?
[Deleted]
  Export to MQL4  (3)
I have (OHLC) data from a stock and want to export the excel file to meta trader to see its behaviour. How can I do it please?  Thanks  
Hi all, in order to receive alerts (notification alert) from system, I want to automatically declare alerts and automatically update the list of allerts. update list of alerts means that the list of alerts will follow the open orders and for each order there will be an alerts that will be opened...
Hello guy, how can I catch the time between two prices ? That's how I am trying:   if(check == true && OrdersTotal()==0){    static double firstPrice;   static bool firstTest = false;   static bool secondTest = false;      if(firstTest == false)   {   firstPrice = Ask;   //here I want to catch the...
[Deleted]
  Error 129/130 help  (12   1 2)
void LOAD_PENDING_TRADES(){     // Get signal  string signal = HTTP_GET(StringConcatenate("http://example.com/api/getTrades?act=", fx_account_no));    if(signal != "NONE" && signal != "INVALID_ACCOUNT")  {       ushort separator = StringGetCharacter(":", 0);     string result[];          // Retrieve...
the question in simple words is? how can i get the scale of the 1:2 gann fan through geometry, through mql4,, through gann principle through any thing please help me,, thanks in advance
Is there anyone who will help me with making an indicator to show me the account stats in the chart window? I need an indicator that can show the following things: Margin level percent: Drawdown: 100 / ((free margin / balance) x 100) Free Margin: Equity: Account Balance: Total sell lots: Total buy...