MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 2

gooly:

Can't MetaQuotes contact Avira e.g.before a new release and find a way to work together - I think it is a nasty problem for all clients of both companies.

Avira is free - you can install it yourself and check and send the problematic files to Avira for them to update their detection?

Gooly

It's already been done . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/15051/page4 you can't make peoiple keep their AV up to date though. Unless you want to do it via mandatory updates . . .

RaptorUK:
It's already been done . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/15051/page4 you can't make peoiple keep their AV up to date though. Unless you want to do it via mandatory updates . . .

:-D

Not sure update helps with Avira. Seems they detect each new version as a virus.

Global variables initializes after changing TF with 509ex4.<-- Fixed

Now it initializes only once after TF changed in this build.

Sunaley:

Global variables initializes after changing TF with 509ex4.<-- Fixed

Now it initializes only once after TF changed in this build.

Global Variables ? or variables with a global scope ?

RaptorUK:
Global Variables ? or variables with a global scope ?
variables with a global scope

The custom optimizer don't work either in 610.

I guess the priority are other bugs which prevent the operation of EA's. But the custom optimizer is one of the most obvious platform enhancements and that bug may be easy to fix, since the OnTester() function works in backtest but not in optimizer.

//   Also it seems that still does not work some dll calls, as urlmon.dll
//   This limits the functioning of some of my EA.
//...

//___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
#import "urlmon.dll"
  int URLDownloadToFileA(int pCaller,string szURL,string szFileName,int dwReserved,int Callback);
#import

Obviously I already changed the FileName with new destination folder (..MQL4/Files/), this error is due to something else.

Fer137:

// Also it seems that still does not work some dll calls, as urlmon.dll
// This limits the functioning of some of my EA.

Stings are now Unicode so you have to use a Unicode version of the DLL function call . . .

Ah, I see, with URLDownloadToFileW ()

Thanks.

Fer137:

Ok. Thanks.

Any easy way to do that in this example?

Hi,

You can either use, see MSDN documentation.

URLDownloadToFileW

Or convert your Unicode string to Ansi with StringToCharArray().

Reason: