MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 706

hey, can someone add an email alert to this indicator so that when it crosses lines it sends me and email?  ty
Hi I have an EA which works great in real time, however the results differ during back testing. In back testing signals are being triggered when they shouldn't be. I've isolated the problem to be the ADX indicators. Specifically to either +DI or -DI. When you look at the data plotted on the chart...
[Deleted]
Hello, Currently i have installed MT4 Report on my online server, and i am getting all the data of MT4 into mySQL database. I am  looking for a solution to have the data of MT4 in MongoDB insteaf of mySQL I know that i can sync mySQL database to MongoDB but this is not the best solution as the...
Running /portable mode and I also removed permissions to write to the appdata\roaming\metaquotes folder since I do not want any files anywhere outside of the installation directory. Right now directory is C:\Custom\Metatrader\ It's reading indicators out of C:\Custom\Metatrader\MQL4\Indicators
Hello, I installed MT4 on Win 8 and when I attempt to use the external dll library similar to the sample that coming with MT4 I get an error " can't load library xxx.dll error 126". What is the problem that causes the sample of MT4 to not working also ? If anyone face this problem and can help I...
Hi,  I'm learning to program. I already used several functions, but now I want to know how to program multi time frame indicators. For example, how I can get signals fractals "m15" in "m5" (current time frame)?  I do not know how to work with functions of time or bars.  If anyone can tell me how I...
Hi,  I am a new member in this web. I am learning to programm on mql4. First i create two indicators: - create arrows with values of fractal down - create arrows with values of fractal up.   Now, i want connect this two indicator with other indicator wit the function "icustom". I have this for...
 have created an ea for fbs . everything works fine in demo account but when it comes to the real account . I get trade disabled error(error 133)..Are there any pre requisites for auto trading using expert advisor in FBS??
I believe I have used these 2 routines on several occasions and never had a warning / problem. When I compile my EA I get the warning "macro redefinition" with line # for line in second routine.  Obviously not critical but would like to understand why the warning is occurring and what to do to...
Hey guys,  it seemed to be a simple thing but I don't know how to do it: I wanted to make an indicator which prints arrows above a Pinbar. Pretty easy so far. But I don't want the indicator check the whole chart with every tick. The Pinbars in the past do not change and therefore I wanted to print...
Im curious if you are able to alter or eliminate the spread when doing backtesting and for optimization (only using BID price) ? I have found older coding, but it doesnt seem to work on the 711 Mt4 build, maybe Im doing some wrong ? Or pointing me in the right direction ? Im trying to develop...
Hi,   after update to 735, notifications don't work. I tested on 3 different brokers, demo and real. When the terminal try to send notification, it return this in log: Notifications: failed send request (notifiy.mq5l.com:443 failed) Notifications: failed read data (notify.mq5l.com:443 failed)...
  Drawing Short Horizontal Lines  (22   1 2 3)
am trying to draw short horizontal lines that form part of a 'cross' on charts using the OBJ_TREND function. void DrawLines(double price, int tf, color col){ datetime time_zero = iTime(NULL,tf,bar);                //bar is global int barshift_zero = iBarShift(NULL,0,time_zero); datetime...
Asus Transformer Book T100. Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz Quad Processor, 32GB SSD, 2GBDDR3, Intel HD Graphics, Win 8.1 I didn't find much in the way of minimum specifications for MT4 but I want to run this laptop 24/7, do you think I could run 12 MT4 EA terminals? The EAs aren't really that intensive...
Hi all I am trying to build a script that allows to send several pending orders (as a batch) for several pair but have not been able to find how to make it work. This is what I have: int start()   {     RefreshRates();    while( IsTradeContextBusy() ) { Sleep(100); } //----    int ticket=...
  xppivotalerts  (1)
Is there a version that send email along with displaying alerts on the screen.
Hi, are here some people that can tell us (me) about their experience with running mt4 on (vps) either KVM with Windows || Linux+Wine or directly Linux+Wine compared to either WindowsServer: crashes, updates, (backtest-) speed, .. Thanks in advance! Gooly
MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Friday, September 26, 2014. It contains the following changes: Support for mobile terminals MetaTrader 4 for Windows Mobile and Windows Mobile SE has ended These terminals will not be able to connect to the new server versions. This decision is based...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,     How do I get the contract value for #nkdz4  USDJPY #CLX4    Is there a function that I can extract the value straight or do I need to do it manually?     ShijiOno 
Hi To whom this may concern, This is only for research purposes and will not used for live trading, the EA is only used for determining a WIN/LOSE ratio in relation to a martingale system Trading Binary options, am looking for a simple answer. We will use an oscillator as an EA, in my example and...
For the intraday every morning we look around the asian session before the european start and at the beginning of the european start for example there are 45 pairs in total http://stock.rbc.ru/demo/forex.0/intraday/index.rus.shtml ( not much for analysis but enough for analysis ) If there are enough
Hi, I want to trade and backtest a strategy which is only working at a defined German time on the German stock index and there are also times in a day which I want to exclude e.g. 14:30. The german dax is running in my metatrader (Brokertime) -at summertime from 6 - 20 o’clock  >> German time = UTC...
OK, so having spent weeks messing around with different data and getting different results, I think I have found a good way to test my open prices only (once per bar) EA. Please note that I do not believe I need tick data for this testing as it only works on m15 open bar prices, once per bar. Step1:...
I am writing my first code and ask, is there any reference to code a " Close an Order When conditions are Met. " An example would be when a open order reverses and meets a moving average ! Thanks to any help
bool clbuy,clsell;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Close Signal                                                     |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+void start() //CloseSignal(){      if(OrdersTotal()>0)      clsell...
Hi,   I'm asking for comment or conceptual comment on the changes in Mt4 (600+) regarding the OnTick() versus Start() command, reaching beyond the limited help file details I've found.  Not expecting specific answers below in every case, but to try to explain the confusion I'm finding if a couple of...
hi, i am new in forex and also in this forum.i dont what to do and how to do? i have seen adds that posting on forum is a source of earning dollars.please somebody help me.
  Code Check Pls!  (3)
Hello dear Coders, could you please confirm whether or not the following code, which i conceived in the night in bed, will extract the pair, which is not from the chart where this EA is placed but has the same magic number as the pair of the chart? bc_cnt and sc_cnt are the buy and sell counts of...
How do you find the current indicator width? I want to preserve the changes rather than go with defaults.             color tmpcolor1 = indicator_color1;            color tmpcolor2 = indicator_color2;            color tmpcolor3 = indicator_color3;            color tmpcolor4 =...
  Serious Bug in 7.11  (16   1 2)
My MT4 got updated by broker to 7.11 and for some reason it does not work and I cant figure out why. It just keep looping somewhere, does not display any error and in general I must remove my indicator and restart. ( I suspect some memory problem) All prior releases i.e. 6.70 did worked a OK. Is