MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 702

Looking for a method to save the current Chart Template to overwrite the name of the template in use. Whilst saving the current chart to a template is simple I'm still perplexed at how to capture the name of the template in use.  It seems that there is no method such as "GetTemplate(ChartID)", as...
[Deleted]
Yo, I want to take order one by one. I mean when one order is open, he can't open an other while the other is still open. And i don't want that he can close an order until a few time has spent between the order open time and one hour (by exemple) So i wrote a code and It seems It works only for the...
So I am wanting to incorporate ADR into my algorithm and have picked up a public indicator rather than spending time writing it myself. Does the trick for what I am after. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                           Daily Range...
Hi Coders! I have an .ex4 file (Expert Advisor). How can I decide it use MQL4 or MQL5 library? Thank you in advance. Relative
With the new recent updates, I am unable to choose the broker of my choice. It randomly opens any MT4 broker. Before we had the choice when you could choose the broker & a/c #. Please advise. 
Hello,  I'm trying to install an Indicator in MT4 and can't locate the "Experts File/Indicator" file on my machine.  Any ideas? 
Hello, please see these official prototypes: a) int  ArrayMinimum(    const void&   array[],             // array for search    int           count=WHOLE_ARRAY,   // number of checked elements    int           start=0              // index to start checking with    ); b) int CArrayDouble:...
I tested an EA with history data from Oct 31, 2013 to Oct 31, 2014.if I test M15, orders starts from June 9, 2014. If test H4, starts from Oct 31, 2013.What's the reason? how to fix?
So, I just wanted another set of eyes on this because as far as I am aware, in my risk (lot) calculation's, all I am calculating is what the pip value is in the term currency and not in my deposit currency?  Therefore, depending on the market I trade, the Term Currency pnl will be correct, but...
I would like to know how I can read the value in the buffer of an indicator attached to a chart from my EA code? Please note that I do not want to use iCustom function. I want to use, for example, ChartIndicatorsTotal() and ChartIndicatorName(), to access to the buffer of an attached indicator to...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone I've been hard at work developing an EA these last few days that price movement be synthesized into 10 pip steps. I believe Ive narrowed down the cause of my troubles to this : double current_ask; double startprice = MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK); void OnTick()  {  current_ask =...
Hello, When i open a 1 minute chart in metatrader 4 and put it in candlestick mode it runs fine for a minute or 2. But after a short period of time the graph begins to lag. This lag begins with the newest candlestick in the chart not being updated as frequently anymore and thus not moving as...
I logged this as a problem inside MQL5 helpdesk But want to post here to try for a response. When starting MT4 with no network connection many trades in the EA during backtesting do not occur. i.e. 0.10 may trade but 0.24 will not. Problem can arise if  a) network connection is not established via...
Hi, i have problem with OnChartEvent specially with CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK. For me it's strage what happen. With an indicator a create 3 different button in separate window. If i load the indicator for the first time the Function  CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK work perfectly with it but : If i change TF...
I see three functions: AccountEquity(), AccountBalance() and AccountFreeMargin().How to understand the difference among the equity, balance and freemargin on my account?It's appreciated if you can help explain them one by one with their difference. Thanks.
Where is the best information on how to program indicators for build 600+ as a beginner. I have used this:  https://book.mql4.com/ and https://docs.mql4.com/mql4changes But seems that I still dont get it. Is there anything for dummies out there? Thank you Belikewater
I have these conditions that if it is there on M5, I set it to hit a switch. Then when M1 hits the same conditions, a popup alert will come out with a sound. How do I code it that the indicator takes down the time M5 hit the conditions, and if possible how do I add 30 minutes to that? (and display...
I have a custom indicator that keeps track of the consecutive buys and sells on a chart. So if the last 2 closed trades were buys then it will return "2" and if the last 2 closed trades were sells it will return"2" also. I want to use this logic in an EA. What I am trying to achieve is if "2" is...
[Deleted]
Here are my EA tests (MT4) (see attached image). The results show that there were the following drawdowns: Absolute drawdown: 34154.58 Maximal drawdown: 43694.00 But I can't see these values on the graph. The maximal drawdown is about 17000 on the graph. What's wrong? Is there a bug?
[Deleted]
OK, is there anyone who make enough money  to live only from some robot. I mean someone who to make money from a robot is like profession. And is there someone who make a lot of money like a million.
I have a custom indicator which I will be using in an EA to establish trade levels etc; I also want to be able to draw the indicator on the chart using the EA and without having to load it manually all the time. can this be easily done using either Import or Include in the EA? So i'm testing it...
Hi https://docs.mql4.com/customind/indicatorcounted How does IndicatorCounted() know which indicator, if there are more then 1 launched on the chart; and what if they have different array sizes ? Will IndicatorCounted() handle this automatically for all arrays and sizes ? Please advise
Hello freinds, I do not know but I as the EA try to close simultanisly 2 trades, it close the first, but the second I get the following error: Cannot call 'stdlib.ex4::ErrorDescription', library is not allowed. BTW, I do not know what is going on. I downloaded MQL4 and I get MQL5. As I can't know...
Hi forum, I want to do a script which places a trade according to moneymanagement rules. It should place three lines in the chart. Entry, SL and TP. Of course in different colors/styles to distinguish them. Then I want to drag them to the correct places. That's easy until now. But then I need an...
Notification to IPHONE stoped working yesterday. The Notification opton works now only to Android mobiles. Did someone knows what had happen and how to fix it?
MetaTrader 5 Platform Update Build 1010: New Signals, Market and Options The MetaTrader 5 platform update is to be released on Friday, October 31, 2014. It will contain the following changes: MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal build 1010 Signals: The showcase of signals has been completely redesigned. New...
when doing a Test for Notification to the mobile application, nothing had happen. I reinstall the MT$ and the mobile application again but still doesn't work, no Notification.
Hello, Not sure why this is so difficult, but I am trying to line up numeric output on a chart use an OBJ_LABEL object. I want numbers to be vertically displayed and right aligned.  The printf() function doesn't seem to do this correctly, I have also tried using TextGetSize() and adjusting each...
[Deleted]
The following code will show the Open, Close, High and Low for the 26th candle, back form the current.  How can I draw an arrow, to mark this candle?         double xPH =  iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M5,26);  //  High[1];         double xPL =  iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M5,26);   //  Low[1];         double xPO...
Hi all, Anybody has the same problem with iCustom? In tester it keeps returning empty values but on a live chart it works like a charm... I do not have the source code of the custom indicator so I'm bound to iCustom. See the pic the bottom is live chart the top is the tester on same pair, same data...