MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 711

i use windows 7, MT4 in build 670 for a while. Since last Sunday i get the following error message when starting MT4: Metatrader has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program -> close the program When just closing the window then MT4 build 670
Hi gurus, Can you show me a solution for that? I searched but couldn't find anything. For example: I have a button on a chart, and it opens a buy order when I click on it. Thx
[Deleted]
Hi all,   I was wondering if anyone can help me with the issue on the subject above. The problem started when I was upgrading my MT4 platform from 670 built to 711 built as advised by my broker (Fxprimus). I was not able to open the new installed version. It ran fine on previous MT4 platform and...
  ibar shift  (6)
Hi...I was hoping someone would know the answer to what I thought would be obvious  ;-) When I run in an Ea, Test 1 only,   Hrcnttot   increases according to my sendemail details received.  But if I run only test 2 or 3 , Hrcnttot  never changes....  I assume I have misunderstood the ilow shift ......
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an array of Pointers like   Order* m_orders[] and there is a problem:  Order is a class containg informations about TP, SL, open time and so on. I want to sort this array by open time in a function but mql(4) accepts only arrays by reference as parameter so I can't do that. In C language...
[Deleted]
  Review my code?  (3)
Hey y'all,  I recently started working with MQL4 and I need some help with my code.  Although it runs and I can execute my EA, it doesn't work like it's supposed to.  Any help or tips wold be greatly appreciated.  The code is attached below:   EDIT: I've had some comments about what I mean by how it...
Hi,  I have the MT4 platform trading gold in gbp (XAUGBP). I am looking to get a live feed of the bid ask price into Excel. Can anyone help? Thank you very much  
after connected to broker server, mt4 crashed.   APPCRASH   app name: terminal.exe   app version: 4.0.0.711   timestamp: 008b4800   module name: StackHash_6537   module version: 0.0.0.0   module timestamp: 00000000   exception: c0000005   exception pos: 77488203   OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
//--- global ---enum SelectTicket   {Order1=0,Order2=1,Order3=2,Order4=3};extern SelectTicket SelectOrder = Order4; How do I translate the above to correspond to the right TicketOrder()? I am wanting to be able to change the extern variable to say Order2, and then when a certain function is called....
        first i must to said sorry because i'm  not good in English.      2 days ago i updated new MT4  after that my MT4 hang(i can't click anything )i read recommend in this forum.Scan virus (no found) and uninstall and install again but today 3 times i installed.NOW ERROR again.How can i do?  
I am getting error 1 a good percentage of the time when modifying the stop loss on existing orders. When looking at the openprice, current stoploss and the proposed stoploss it looks ok. For example, on a EURUSDm short trade (after checking the conditons are valid) I use ASK + 0.0025 for the new...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone - sorry if this has been covered but I don't see a precedence anywhere. Running Windows 8.1 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and MT4 appears in miniature (unable to read screen) Have tried adjusting screen res (though I don't want to do that) but no change. Has anyone experienced this and know of a...
Once an initial trade is placed, if the new stop price is > old stop price, the pending order will delete and the new "calibrated" order (stop, lots and targets) is then placed.... Problem is, We're talking 100k+ as each trade setup may "calibrate" 20+ times, 4 separate trades respectively....   My...
When choosing file>open deleted after accidentally closing a chart (easy to do when you have multiple tiled charts) you can only revive deleted charts that have not been tiled in the main mt4 window. This makes it impossible for me to tile windows for fear of deleting one with all of my analysis on...
I'm just looking for ideas on how people already do, or think might be a good idea in tracking what my average spread has been per trade on each market? Is there a way to "print" the spread per open and closed trade in the comments box (comment box window on the trade)? That way I could actually
Hi all How I understood to debug the experts in MetaEditor used the last realtime bars according to the selected timeframe. My question if is it possible to debug the expert on the dates history period? Thanks 
  About EventTimer  (3)
It can handle 2 or more EventTimer in a single EA ?. Thank you.
Hi, I was looking at the source code of the Traders Dynamic Index. First of all I cannot start this indicator by the debugger (- the green button is grey and so disabled??) BUT I can attach it to a chart and it works perfectly!! OK - Now I did this: 1) I saved the source code under a different...
Hi, I would like to add condition for my EA to place order not exceeding more than 2 orders. EA place 1st order if its loss again place new order, even it closed with loss no more order. I want to add condition or how to get total closed order today? please support me!
Hello I am interested in Fibo and Mary Math. I think some fibo degree likes another fibo dgree and there is a relationship between them. I wonder that, if a bar touchs a point of fibo, where it wants to touch as a cycle or which indicators can be used best for fibo trading? Thank you
Hello guys, I'm having a little bit weird issue: I want to write an EA but Metaeditor keeps closing after a while with no error message or visible crash... I can't figure out what's going on... did this happen to anybody else?  Thanks in advance.
I have used this indicator for more than a year.  Since I upgraded to build 711 yesterday, my indicator is going haywire and I am getting the memory handler can not allocate ... error. Can anyone help me solve this issue?   Here is the indicator:    
hi there, My EA is simple I have an Indicator called 100 pip Daily Scalper designed by Karl Dittmann  my EA works as : 1-entry sell position when the indicator alert sell 2-entry buy position when the indicator alert buy 3- exit sell position after take profit 10 pip 4- exit buy position after take...
Hello, I'm a really newbie and I would like not to chase you! I'm able to draw lines using ObjectCreate command. Here is an example to draw a line  on yesterday's high. long chart_id=ChartID(); string daily_high="Daily_high"; ObjectCreate(chart_id,daily_high, OBJ_HLINE, 0, Time[0], iHigh(NULL,...
Hi guys, I'm subscribed to a signal provider with the confirmations turned on. When I started the terminal, the 0.8% value was set, which is fine by me. 2014.10 . 01 04 : 48 : 09.648 '2201770' : Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new
Hi guys, I would like to ask if i had a proper coding when dealing with GlobalVariables. int OnInit(){   //check if GlobalVariable is present   if(!GlobalVariableCheck("TradeAllowed"))   {      GlobalVariableSet("TradeAllowed",1);   }   else   {      GlobalVariableSet("TradeAllowed",1);   }} I have...
I was wondering if there is still a cap on the maximum account password size for master/investor password?  If so, what is the max? Are special characters allowed now? mt4 I think used to have a 14 character limit with no special characters allowed.  This allowed for very weak passwords.    
Hi, can someone help me with this indicator i've got from here. I've modifying it so the indicator would draw standard deviation of the net position from COT data, but when I'm loading it onto the chart, it draw nothing... This is the source code:...
  IsDemo() ???  (2)
Hi, I'm running an EA on Demo account where server is Pepperstone-Demo02 I got weird EA logic so I printed it:    if(IsDemo()) Print("I work at a demo account");  else Print("I work at a real account"); It prints "I work at a real account" This is annoying me a lot. At least, when I connect to a...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have problem with  #import function on pc with system Win XP (!) On pc with system Vista the same code working ok My code library:  ..\MQL4\Libraries #property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1...