MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 703

I've been away a while.. lots changed! But today I'm getting ObjectFind return "true" when there is no object with that name... void OnStart () { if ( ObjectFind ( 0 , "456" )) Alert ( "found: 456" ); else Alert ( "not found: 456" ); return ; } You get the same
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I try to create custom indicator that show D1 value of target indicator on H4 chart. It works ok on everyday but Friday. D1 value of Friday is not show up on H4 chart. Any help is very much appreciated. for(int i=1;i<=limit ;i++) { d1bar_1 = iBarShift(Symbol(), D1, Time[i]) + 1; //...
  RSI Code  (11   1 2)
Hi everybody I wrote a mql4 program to get the RSI value in every tick. But now I have a problem and get different values. could you please help me to find out my mistake?   double get_RSI_value (double & price[][6], double period) {   double tmp = 0.0;   double Avg_Positive = 0.0;   double...
[Deleted]
After Build 670 Became Build 711 I noticed that if you activate "Auto Trading" then any trade immediately closes. This occurs even if no EA is loaded onto a chart. So I have to keep "Auto Trading" turned off and I cannot run any EA.  Paul 
[Deleted]
Is there a way to find / display the yearly High and Low, of a currency pair? Can somebody point me in the right direction?Thanks!
why does the following line of code produce these two warning messages - "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number' " "implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' "    Also it returns a value (Price) of 0.0, despite the Trendline ("test2a") intersecting m15 Time[1]...
{      double A;      bool res,resC;      if(OrdersTotal()>0)      res=OrderSelect(SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);      A=OrderOpenTime();      int B=iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,3,A);      if(B)      if(OP_SELL)      resC=OrderClose(NULL,0.01,Ask,3,clrRed);      } Hi there! I'm trying to get the...
what is best way for trade once per bar ??? or for create only 1 object at bar. and how I can do to procced my EA full? I mean to ignoring new tickets to reset my ea from a new beginning on every tick so ea can procced all code in it.
As you can see, the tester works perfectly well, but when it gets to 2006-11-03 (vertical blue crosshair line) it will stop. No matter what testing dates I select it always stops at that point so I have to do another testing from a few days after all the way to 2014. I never had this problem...
[Deleted]
I am trying to do repetitive ordermodify task but wish to keep track of which orders had been affected to avoid repeats. How best can I do this? Ideas needed please. Cheers
[Deleted]
Hi All,  I am coding a system which will be placing only one trade per day . On the next day if market meets my requirements  , selected order must be reversed , e.g. sell into buy   If the requirements are not met-> the postion should be opened till system reverse it . In that time new trades do...
hi..im having problem with these errors'.' semicolon expected.can someone fix it for me please? ;)
[Deleted]
hello,  Are there a difference between Bars and rates_total?  Are there a difference between IndicatorCounted () and prev_calculated?   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                   Difference.mq4...
What would be the best way to disable any mail notifications at the start-up / launch of metatrader 4. Or maybe block the mail port for X amount of seconds with use of a batch file to launch the program?
Hello everyone                Do not display on the right side of the price scale?     ------------------------------------------------------------     The foreground color is None do not display the price, but But a black edge display.    
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get price information of a symbol from the inside of a custom indicator which is loaded on another symbol. Actually I've tried different combinations of custom indicators/symbols and I can't get the "another symbol rates" to correctly get updated, in order to get, for...
Hi , I'm trying to return the parameters from the OrderClose function event.  I want to load it into an array as each one occurs. Example: When a Take Profit or StopLoss is hit, the order is closed . I want know When and at what price it closed, as it occurs.  The problem I'm having is that the...
I have recently download the meta trader 4 platform.  I have my own back testing engine which stores some output in my sql server database. The output depends on the model I am testing. However the output can just be as simple as the time of entry of a trade. Say I have run a back test simulation (i...
  I made one of these things once ...  (170   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
One day I suddenly realised a simple thing: least-squares approximation is essentially about minimising a linear combination of vectors. That is, some kind of universal approximator function can be manufactured. It's a done deal, so here is the title of the function
[Deleted]
unsure if MQ keeps this stderror up to date or not but thought no harm in posting :) have added to mine as handling ALL MQ published server+runtime errors 4072 ERR_INDICATOR_CANNOT_LOAD Cannot load custom indicator   MetaEditor Version 5.00 Build 996 (24 Oct 2014)   Note: above also applies to ....
  Comment()  (1)
When in visual backtesting I can use 'Comment()' in the EA to show parameters. It appears on top left screen.When in normal backtesting - how do you get to do similar?... i.e. replace the Comment that is automatically placed there. -" NameEA Input: abc=1, def=2,.... "etc.i.e. I want to list...
Hello everyone. I have tick scalper EA which gives exellent result on strategy tester but on live accounts it gives negative result. Also the number of trades is significantly more on the live account and much less on the tester. Usually more than 2-3 times. I'm not the developer of the EA so I...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an indicator which is in TradeStation. I have already had the function written in MQL but the developer went awol. I hope that its simple to finish because the actual indicator is very simple. In TradeStation this is the code   Inputs:                 Price(Close),...
Hello,    I would like to debug my EA (using the debug facility of MetaEditor) on the weekend, when the markets are closed. So I would need to debug it without live data, just with historical ones.  I couldn't find a way to do so. Anyone knows?   thanks,  
I can write files to say a .dat file, but I'm looking to write to .csv, and to sort data into different columns and cells. I'm also looking to be able to retrieve "individual cell" data through my EA. Can anyone help, point me in a direction, or provide a sample for me? Thank you!
  The triangles are advancing.  (292   1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30)
On the front page of the MQL4 forum, triangles are gaining ground from pentagons. Will there come a moment when they will displace them completely? :)))
Gentlemen, you know very well that the only way to fight spam is to NOT react. If you have reacted, then the spammer's thread has risen to the top... it means it will stay on the front page longer... it means more people will read it... that means you helped the spammer take our attention and
Is there a simple method of capturing all the names and associated values of chart objects other  than having to iterate through the  ObjectName  and then using ObjectType  & ObjectGet? My aim is to  save the object to datestamped  file(s) before switching templates, after which I can then...
I recently changed to a different broker and found the available currency airs (or symbols) were different. Is there any easy way to :- 1. Access all Symbols from an EA 2. Check the availability of a Symbol from an EA
  Trade manager EA  (1)
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a trade manager EA (free or paid versions) which provides flexibility around trailing stop loss methods and at what point they are implemented. e.g. I might want my stop loss to be initially moving after I've reached +50 pips at which point it would trail in line...