MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1490

[Deleted]
I'd like to be able to see the line numbers in meta editor if possible. If you can add the line numbers, where is the option to do so. I've looked for 15 minutes and can't find it! Thanks for helping out a big dumb newb!!!
[Deleted]
I'm trying to learn the ropes by making mistakes apparently. So I only put what would be a realistic amount of money in my demo account - 3000. Well that's pretty much gone. How do I add more money to a demo account without opening a new demo acct? Thanks ~General Newb!
I am very new to MT4 and would be very gratefull if someone can assist me with a simple ea. Entry Buy = RSI > 55, EMA5 > EMA12 Entry Sell = RSI < 45, EMA5 < EMA12 Exit/Stop Loss for both = when RSI crosses 50 in the opposite direction of the trade. Trailing Stop = Adjustable Only one open order at...
[Deleted]
I have a custom indicator that Draw Text on chart(When some conditions met) and i can get it fixed in the low of the bar,(Even when Time frames change) but i can't do the same in the High of the bar, the text is drawn inside the bar, !! I think the problem is that because the text is starting...
[Deleted]
Hi, Thank you for the mql4 platform. It is fascinating but right now I am stuck. I am Testing and cannot get the iWPR and iATR data from an EA to equal D1 %R(14) and ATR(14) charts. I want the EA to make a decision once per day at midnight. // EA Codeint            daylastrun=0;int start()...
[Deleted]
It would be great to have/improve on an order handling module (buy, sell, modify, etc) If you can post yours here, it will help those who are creating experts. And as we create them, we can improve the code and post it here.
How can you code an EA to turn itself off say after it has exited all trades? Thanks C
I wrote this expert advisor for a 1H chart the only problem I have is once the veriable, if(iStochastic(Symbol(),Period(),21,3,3, 0,1,0,0)>=uplimit21) if(iStochastic(Symbol(),Period(),9,3,3, 0,1,0,0)<=downlimit9) is hit and an order is opened and closed if the veriable is still there when the...
Let's say you have finally, after x years, found a winning combination of indicators that works on all timeframes and financial instruments (fx, futures, commodities, indices,...). You have done backtests on multiple timeframes and they all have an all-round off-the-chart performance (let's say 98%...
Hi, I have occasion to look at pervious days data, I drag/scroll back say a couple of days to analyise the data/chart and each time the chart 'ticks' the hole chart moves back to current time/date.....how do I get the screen to stay put? Thanks, Rapid.
[Deleted]
Is it possible to attach an EA to an 1H chart and then use earlier time periods (30M, 15M, 5M) to confirm the formation of buy/sell signals? If so how could this be done?
[Deleted]
Looking forward to reading a bit.
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to compare current AccountEquity() with AccountEquity() at a specific time in the past (say 12 hours ago). How can I code that? sp
Can someone help me with why my indicator does not supply data for the first bar on my chart. I suspect it has something to do with my array but I cannot figure why the data is delayed one bar.
Hello, i would like to know some opinions about an indicator with these features could work well on stock markets.
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I would be very pleased if anyone could explain me wether I can place one EA on the same account from different locations, howere EA should trade as there is trading only one robot thus not opening two positions when there is an order and only opening one etc. etc. Idea behind this...
  is this right ?  (2)
the explain for orderstoploss(): Returns stop loss value for the currently selected order. I assume that orderstoploss, orderlot, orderopenprice, ordertakeprofit are set to 0 on defualt then we set the function when we using ordersend() function OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,0,Bid-stop*Point...
[Deleted]
I am new in MetaTrader. As i discovered two nice indicators, i saved them to my desktop. I find them on the homepage under "Articles / Trading Systems / Indicator Taichi - a Simple Idea of Formalizing the Values of Ichimoku Kinko Hyo. The two indicators are : Cronex DeMarker.mq4 and Cronex Taichi...
Hello, I find very interesting the Denmark indictator posted here 'Mouteki-Demark trend new' Unfortunately there is no documentation on it and I cannot read he code. Does anybody care to explain how to use it and waht the messages displays on the upper left corner mean? Thank you for any help you...
[Deleted]
Quick question. For simplicity I've avoided normalizing or converting to strings the Ask and Bid variables on the following grounds. All I'm doing is moving Ask or Bid into another double variable, then later doing a compare of Ask or Bid against that variable. No arithmetic operations are done on
Hi, If you still have some time.... I would really appreciate if you could convert this one... I have been trading the attached Ichimoku system very successfully at CMS/VT Trader, I have used it more as an indicator and entered trades manually. I would like to swich to MT4 and have this baby...
  Pairs Trading  (3)
I would like to know you if there's a way to geton the same chart a ratiobetween the pairs ( for example eurusd / gbpusd ) ? Thanks
[Deleted]
Ciao a tutti, cerco uno sviluppatore MQL4 per cercare di mettere in piedi un trading system basato su una mia particolare analisi tecnica. Attendo contatti. Grazie Paolo
Hi, I was wondering is there a way to find (program to find) all brokers on your system that is installed? I'm C# programmer, and I was trying to find paths in Windows regisry and I made that happened, but after new install of Meta Trader demo platform (different broker) that information is...
[Deleted]
Hello MQL Programmer, my friend shows me some code that i don't really familiar.. here's the chunk of code: bool foundPosition = TotalOpenPosition != 0; bool check = foundPosition * (TotalOpenPosition == 0); Anybody have idea how to intepret/understand this code correctly ?? it's kinda weird for me
[Deleted]
Request MQL4 API ObjectShow( string name); Action: perform Object List "Show" function, frame (locate) desired object in chart I have many clients that use MT4 both as an analysis platform and a trade debrief platform. I have created a script that allows windows of a Symbol() to besynced to the...
  Multi monitor  (1)
Hello, I am looking for a simple monitor (EA) which shows buy or sell signals on multiple charts and multiple time frames. This is forming a grid as shown below with Pairs in columns and time frame in rows. I have seen such tool but am not able to find it now. Can some one help me finding this....
[Deleted]
  cannot find info  (3)
Hello, I need to be able to understand the jargon,or terminology,when I am looking at the charts.I have been to 'Help'but I did not get too much out of it. Where should I go?It's obvious I am a complete newby! qqxp888
[Deleted]
Hello again, I have an indicator here, only I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here or not, so here goes: #property copyright "Support and Resistance none" #property link "nourl" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Red...
Hi, I find very interesting the Denmark indictoe you posted 'Mouteki-Demark trend new' could you please explain how to use it?