MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1487

[Deleted]
Hi All, I need to indicator, such as the attach image, but not quite the highest candle in the day and the lowest  Candle in the day,  but both the highest value and the lowest  Value of the moving average of the day,  thank you all
[Deleted]
Hello there. Please I need some help regarding the modification of orders. I have an EA that do scalps it places orders as market orders whith a calculated take profit and a calculated stop loss on it. However, now I´m moving to MBTrading which can´t handle market orders whith those parameters. In...
Hi, I'm testing my new EA, but backtester is VERY VERY slow! If I test on a short interval (15 days) it can take up to 1 day without completing; I've to stop the test with no result. I've downloaded all the data in the "History Center". During testing CPU usage is around 50 perc. How can I improve...
[Deleted]
Using UT_Fast indicator leads to extremly low backtesting speeds. Does anyone have a tip on how to enhance the backtesting speed using this indicator.
[Deleted]
Can anybody help me with this problem? As you can see on picture, where is highlighted the main expression and the values from graph on left, the second trade won't be allowed by this expression... but it happens and i can't figure WHY? But it isn't all - it even don't match the expression for SELL...
Hi all, I am using the following function: for(i=0;i<10;i++) This is to make calculation on the 10 last bars. Unfortunately the indicator I am developping should start counting at bar i=10 and finish on bar i=0, and the above function does that backwards (start at i=0 and ends at i=10) I tried to...
Hi, To have bar counter is very simple. Something like: Comment("Bar count on the current symbol is ",iBars(NULL,0)); But it shows at some timeframes over 2000 bars. How to count the bars visible on the chart? cornelius
[Deleted]
When I use the 6 lines of code below, I get an invalid stop error. What's wrong with it? double smallest_point = tick_size();//extra padding double minimum_stop_step_size = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*tick_size(); double minimum_stop_level =0;//initialize if(trading_long){//...
[Deleted]
I tried to put a pending order and can't because it say that: "open price you set must differ from market price by at least 50 pips"...how can I change this ??? somebody can help me with this issue ? thanks
Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong please? i've loaded an EA on MT4 but i keep getting the message ........"--Zero Divide" in the Experts Log. I've loaded EAs previously without a problem but i can't see why I'm getting this message. The broker assures me he is ok with EAs. I also sometimes...
I put a test case in the attachment for a problem I ran into recently. In order to reproduce what I think is a bug, please try the following steps: 1) Compile the test case and put it on a plot, say EURUSD M1. 2) Turn off "Auto Scroll" 3) Using the "Home" and "End" keys, verify that you can jump...
When I use a recursion, the system returns "stack overflow". Is there a method to sovle it? I am using the Heiken Ashi indicator, there is a recursoin in it so I want to imbed the indicator code to my EA. Of course I can use iCustom() to call this indicator, but it is very slow when back testing -...
[Deleted]
How can I bring the indicator in de custom indicator subfolder of MT4?
Hi In Strategy Tester - Chart M15 I get for Low[0] the same value as for High [0] despite that values are different looking on the offline M15 chart. Any advise how to get currect value very welcome as I would like to test expert that requires M15 EURUSD High/Low data. In case I use Low[0]...
[Deleted]
Hi, I want to continue a back test ea on strategy tester, but it says "waiting for update" and doesn't work. I did test once successfully but I cannot continue it. Does anyone know what is the problem? Thanks
Is there a way to have an EA or Indicator's Start function called at a fixed interval, e.g every 1sec ? I'd like to make decissions right before bar0 closes, but especially at low TFs the ticks are useless for this purpose.
[Deleted]
I am a begineer in MQL, I have test my code on the tester but I dont have any result (0000 at all fields) Here is my code, please help me. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ST_V001.mq4 | //|...
[Deleted]
hello, how can I insert a level SC8 /!2 with metaeditor into MT4/navigator so I start scalping a chart ? I have managed to bring the mq4.files into the meta editor and used compilerbutton, did not close file/ exit and did not start MT4 new ( restart)
  EA Tool.....? (Single-Step)  (14   1 2)
I was wondering if there is such a tool that would permit me to visualize my code while backtesting, and permit me to single-step at the same time through the code. This would be a wonderfull tool to debug, optimize and understand what is going on in the EA, saving an uncalculable amount of time....
[Deleted]
My older version of SBFX stopped working (No Connection signal) several weeks ago. I went to the sight several times and it was not available for anything including downloading. I got an email today from the "Community" and went to the site and downloaded the latest version. Same problem - No...
[Deleted]
Has anyone had this problem? I backtested my EA this morning on the strategy tester and it worked like a gem....market is now open, I placed the EA on my pair and all of a sudden it is placing one buy and one sell immediately without my trade conditions being met! Anyone had this problem? Can anyone...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to check AcountName in external DLL: I have no problem with AccountNumber : MT4_EXPFUNC int __stdcall Test( int MyAccountNumber ) { if( MyAccountNumber == 12345 ) { return(1) ; } else { return(0); } } But how can I do the same with AccountName ? MT4_EXPFUNC int __stdcall Test(
[Deleted]
I have a custom indicator that Draw Text on chart(When someconditions met) and i can get it fixed in the low of the bar,(Even whenTime frames change) but i can't do the same in the High of the bar, the text is drawn inside the bar, !! I think the problem is that because the text is starting...
[Deleted]
I created this indi to help me decifer from normal volume change for that particular time of day and abnormal change. For instance on the hourly chart it takes all the 5pm bars from the last x days and plots the average at 5pm current day.
[Deleted]
Hi, im looking for script which close all positions (opened and pending) when overall profit is hit . It doesnt matter which positions makes profit or loss. Key is to close all not when position made profit, but profit overall like +500$ maded by all positions even if 2 positions are with loss....
New article Visual Testing of the Profitability of Indicators and Alerts is published: What indicator of trading alerts or just the methods of theircalculating to use is usually decided when testing EAs using thesealerts. However, it is not always possible/necessary/reasonable towrite an EA for each...
[Deleted]
Can someone show me sample code of how I can execute a function after a bar closes? I'm trying to avoid checking bar[1] with every tick.
I'm doing some testing and I cant figure out why I get "unbalanced parentheses" on this. Could someone be kind enough to tell me why I get this error from the compiler? ____________________________________________________________________ extern double LotSize=0.01; extern int StopLoss=25; int...
How can I get the pixel values of a corner of a window indicator relatively of the screen, considering we can change the size of a window. Thank you
Hello. I need help for something that is still unclear to me. I am practising on the MACD simple EA, and i.e. i want to include in the order send, not only the Takeprofit but also a stop loss. The instruction in discussion is: """"""" ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,0...