MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 107

Euro Index  (6)
Hi, I am sure you used to be able to add a _symbol to SendNotifications as well as the string. in MQL4 REFERENCE it only shows a string as being the parameters. any ideas how to get the notification to tell me which currency pair the notification is when it sends it too your mobile. SendNotification
I have a class with some drawing functions in an indicator - How can I stop terminal output when a function is called especially when its numerous times - I don't want to expose underlying class structure in a debug window. define LOGGER_SET_DEBUG 0 has been set in a dependant include
When the alert window pops up and you use the scroll feature on the top half it does not work, in fact if you use the scroll feature on the bottom the top half creates a BIG space for what?? See attached. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THAT BIG SPACE THAT DOES NOTHING, IN FACT HOW CAN I TURN OFF ALERTS
Hi guys , my mt4 is closing down straight after I run it. I have found an article saying that I should delete some community.ini file which I could only access via metaeditor as mt4 itself doesn't give me enough time to access the data folder. Anyway I have deleted the file and the issue persists. I
A bit of a weird issue here. I write a lot of EA's and indicators, and I compile all the time of course. Sometimes, I apply the EA and indicators to a chart using a template. Now what I see is that the previous version of said code is running, until I hit recompile - until I apply the template that
Morning all, Quick question on the FileWrite() function; I currently have a FileWrite() function in my EA to a CSV-formatted spreadsheet, which works perfectly, however, is there a way in which you can write data to a spreadsheet template and to a certain cell reference within that spreadsheet? For
Hi , it seems as if when using the iHighest syntex fetching a value from a higher time frame does not work correctly. The value that is fetched does not exist on the specified time frame's candle highs. When checking this by printing functions to chart the are discrepancies on the smaller time...
  renko backtest  (1)
could someone show me how to do a backtest on mt4 using a renko chart. I have a good EA that is built for renko, i can only backtest it on the usual candlestick charts, it works but its not the same
hi guys , i decide to copy trade , in my pc ( between two_ three brokers mt4_s ) its because i want keep seperate accounts balance, do u know any way to keep seprate balance incide one acoount or do u know any easy way to send/recieve date between two brokers mt4 in one pc
I am interesting how to use python in mql4. can we use? how can use? and how can backtest and optimize it
Hi Community, I’m looking to generate random numbers between 0.4 and 0.5. What’s best way to use the MathRand() function to do this? Cheers, Tim
  Position Size  (1)
double LotSize( int SL, double mRisk, double MaxLot) { double lotSize; SL=SL* 10 ; double lotstep=MarketInfo( _Symbol ,MODE_LOTSTEP); double lotdigit=MarketInfo( _Symbol ,MODE_DIGITS); double tickvalue=MarketInfo( _Symbol ,MODE_TICKVALUE); double risk = mRisk * AccountBalance()/ 100 ;
This has nothing to do with the popular Grid trading methods. Rather it is a replacement for the default chart grid. This indicator let's you set up a grid to what suits your trading, not what metatrader makes up. You can set the horizontal lines every X pips and it stays fixed at that even if...
Hi. I am working on developing my first EA, just applying what I learned so far, and I was paying attention to the Journal and Expert tabs on mt4. I was wondering, can the broker pull this data off my account if they wants to? Because these tabs clear out when I login from a different device on the
Does anyone know a fix for this? Or perhaps a better email to your to get alerts from mt4? Thanks
Can someone please tell me how to delete a group? I opened an MT4 chat group many years ago and have tried everything possible to delete it again, without success. It seems one can create a group without a problem, add members, close the group, but remove the group completely? Has anyone ever
So I have what seems to be a tricky indicator. to code. On the 5 min time frame I have a multi RSI indicator of 15 min and 30 min. On the 5 min chart when either the 15 min or 30 min RSI goes into an overbought area (above 70 level) then I have an arrow paint on the 5 min chart. So to trade , I
I have an error in values in one of my downloaded and modified Pivot point indicator. When I load the template, all values are correct. But when I clicked my MT4.exe to run the program, sometimes the values are wrong. I need to load my saved template to make it correct. Any one experience this
hi there, i am new here and new to coding. I am trying to set a button that can automatically set a SL/TP based on points or ATR multiplier. So far I have managed to get the SL based on points using the properties as a way to change it. I have a code at the end to capture the ATR, however I have not
Hi, I want help on configured EA which works on RSI 12 period (30-70) with cross over 200 EMA. From the above pic RSI period 12 (30-70) is giving confirmation and also 200 EMA is giving confimration so, this EA took trade exactly at the the border of 200 EMA. That i dont want. I want this to execute
I think I am familiar with daily manual trading of MT4. I am learning MQL4 hard, still at the beginning level. What should I do to learn from this community? Please advise me. Thank you
Morning, So I have a diagnostics email set up which contains the data on all the criteria needed to execute a position, it's to ensure that the EA is meeting all of the criteria and using ternary to give it a "PASS" or a "FAIL". It's pretty neat if I do say so myself.! For some reason, MQL4 has
Hello guys... anyone has a tool to test indicators at a specific time of the day....for example: if i have indicator give trades all time of the day but i want to test signals come at a specific time of the day not all signals... is there any free or paid tool can do that i hope any one can help me
Hi Fellow coding enthusiasts, I am trying to return the value of the upper bollinger band when the price last crossed it using a function (below) I am checking the code by getting it to comment on the chart what should be the price. not sure were I am going wrong any help appreciated thanks. double
Morning all, So I'm working with StringFormat() and wanting to pass various double figures (i.e. prices, moving averages etc) into a string format. I know how StringFormat() works in MQL4 except how to accommodate for 5 an 3 decimal place prices. I have the following: StringFormat("Moving Average
i am getting this error " implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' i am still new to coding and i am trying to figure out why this would cause this error. Section below is where the error is being generated SetIndexLabel( 0 , "Fibo(" +BandsPeriod+ ")[" +TimeFrame+ "]" ); SetIndexLabel( 1
Hello Everyone, I am coding an EA, this EA had a calculating lot size function, when trying to backtest my EA my order was rejected and got error 131 Invalid trade volume, when I checked what were the trading volumes that the EA used there was nothing strange 0.1 or 0.01 or so, nothing particular
Good day, Suppose my first indicator is as follows //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| One.mq4 | //| Copyright 2022, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
Auto Close/Reset/Restart all positions when some profit is done Hi Everybody, I use many martingale MT4-EAs. Many times there is situations when the current Profit(because of still open negative positions) is negative but the current Equity is higher than the time when last martingale cycle was