General - page 923

Folks! I looked at the Canvas class to use its power for simplified drawing of shapes and objects. However, I am struggling to create any visible shape. I searched through the forum and found this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/216195 This looks like a very basic example so I gave it a try....
Hi, I have just ordered my first job on Freelance.  Can someone please tell me if at the end I will also receive the code behind the ex5 file?  Or,  if for an additional fee, I can ask this to the programmer?  I do not intend to request this to the programmer if it is not acceptable.  My intention...
  Trailing Ticks  (2)
Hello All, Can you please help me out with one implementation? Actually, i need to know, what is "Trailing ticks". Thanks in advance.
Many people today wonder whether it is actually possible to live in financial markets and in particular Forex or if it is all about marketing and picks that try to sell their fish and their gold-paid courses on social networks all over the world. In fact just have a look at the various signal...
When it comes to the future development of technology currently being developed by MQ, I am in the position of someone who "hears a bell, but doesn't know where it is". However, the ringing I heard seemed so interesting that I could not ignore it. In one of the forum threads, just recently, I read a
My mt4 news not loading, it stop on the date 25/9/2017 time 14:41:55, how can i fix it?
  indicator  (1)
hi, how do I change the width or colour of the moving average on MQL5 (MT4)? I already tried right clicking and properties it didn't work.
  New to Forex  (2)
Hi ladies and gentlemen. My name is Luke and I'm pretty new to Forex trading . I'm mainly a Binary Options trader but I want to learn Forex. I'm currently using MT4/MT5 and I've found something that confused me. Which one of these lines do we base our trades on? The blue or the red? If this question
[Deleted]
Hello, Can anyone help me please? I have a previous account in MQL was locked for 3 weeks now. Is there anyone i can contact for this issue? I have done reversal chargeback 2 weeks ago. The USD2000 payment has paid to MQL now. I couldn't login my previous MQL account to download the purchased EA....
I have an EA that has been created for binary options by a programmer who is no longer contactable. The EA has been tested back and forward and takes trades but not all of them even if command criteria has been met. Trades that have met the criteria seem to lose more than they win which shouldn't be...
  No Trader Dream  (1)
Still alive or  death?
How do I start trading with robot?
Hi there, this message is about two important declared limitations of Metatrader5 Strategy Tester: 1 Customs symbols cannot be used in the Cloud Network 2 Genetic Optmization cannot be used in the Cloud Network In the following rows I will describe the importance of these limitations for any serious...
1 - 5%5 - 10%10 - 20%20 - 30%30 - 40%40 - 50 %50 - 100 %over 100 %
Hi, I have been using this signal and had no issue, I purchased a new VPS from MQL5 and ever since this signal was not able to synchronize. Attached you can see that the VPS is synched, EA and Signal setting are all set but the signal is disabled on VPS journal report. FYI, after I purchased the VPS...
Hi Everyone! Just seeking very quick help with a piece of code that i suspect is the source of errors in my program. Is it OK to use an arithmetic operation within "for" loop as a condition??? Foe example: for(int i=k; i<k+21; i++) { statements. } where "k" had been predefined. Any help will be...
I used a lot of times the tester to find a stable configuration for my expert advisor using "real tick" mode and slow and low complete research, taking long period like 3 or 5 years, including the forward test but there is no one configuration that matches the backtest with the forward. This happens...
I haven't programmed mlq for a year and just need a quick refresher. all I am looking for is basically 3 things how to create a class in mlq how to create a dynamic object array to add my class object in the array how to find the number of bars in the chart and how to find the barindex of a bar from...
  Trading robots  (1)
I seem not to see/find/figure out how to instal a free trading robot . There are explanations about but it seems on the trading platform MQL5/Metatrader 4/5 when logged in I can't see where to click to add a trading robot. I have a trading robot already downloaded on my computer. Anyone, pease
Hi! I use the following code to Change, for instance, the background Color of the Chart via mql5 Code: ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_COLOR_BACKGROUND,clrAqua); However, this only takes effect, when it is put in the void OnTick() function. If I put this Code into the OnStart() or OnInit() function the...
Gold could be heading down to lower levels following a hawkish Fed. $1215 is a good target to start buying again. The only risk to the upside is North Korea.
Hi Everyone, I want to find the hour of the bar when my indicator show value. I am not familiar with that and any help is very much appreciated. Thank you. HHC if (my_indicator(i)!= EMPTY_VALUE ) {hour_of_bar[i]=....;}
hello I like work with this system and I download it on the some web sites but I have two problems 1 - any one work with this system??? is it profitable? 2 - any body has a not trial and work able version؟؟ plz share it ...I download but write end trial.. thanks for answer my two problems thanks a...
Ciao, voglio estendere il tempo / la data a futuro on horizontal axis as image above. Is it possible? Thanks
I just installed MT5 and registered a new demo account successfully but after 5 seconds the system crashed. Every time I try to run MT5 it crashes after 5 seconds. Please help.
  trash keyword?  (10)
I can't find anything about the keyword "trash" that keeps popping up in my intellisense when I start typing "true". Anyone know why this is showing as an MQL keyword and what is its purpose?
Hi i am writing an expert advisor based on heiken ashi. i am trying to calculate the upper, lower shadow and body. of previous hashi candle but i dont seem to be getting correct values. this is my code       double actual_low[3];       double actual_high[3];       double point = m_symbol.Digits() *...
What does this mean?  The indicator works fine, so I have no idea why it should be there.
I have written a simple custom indicator and the code compiles without error or warnings. However, there is a Microsoft header file called "sal.h" in which there are two errors. 1) '#pragma' - invalid preprocessor command sal.h 14 1 2) '#endif' - unexpected token sal.h 121 1 Given that I didn't...