Windows 10 doesn't think I'm human!

Yesterday, Friday, around 12 am Moscow time, working, suddenly computer became abnormal lags, hard drive light is on, CPU load is 99%.

Ok, I got into Update Center, new build Windows 10 Insider Preview 17723.1000 (rs5_release) is installed. I'm the one who somehow foolishly joined the

Insider Preview to get new versions before the official release. But the thing is that I have my working hours set to 11:00-21:00,

and that's when any updates aren't allowed. But apparently Winda doesn't think I'm a user and decided to update. Postponed the update, worked in peace,

wrote a report to MS about the outrage. Turned it on overnight and it's still updating.

Yes, there is such a thing ))

There was a news story on the subject recently :

Microsoft has responded to years of complaints from users regarding OS updates at inopportune times. Users of the fresh test builds 17723 and 18204 will be able to evaluate the new update logic based on machine learning algorithms.

New Windows 10 release for testers

Microsoft has released two new builds of Windows 10, numbered 17723 (RS5) and 18204 (19H1), which are already available for download to Insider Preview tester members.

One of the most significant changes introduced in the patch is the application of improved system update logic. Microsoft has prepared a predictive model for the OS update module using machine learning algorithms. This model takes into account the behavioural factors of each user and determines the optimum time to reboot the computer so as not to distract them from their work.

"Not only will we check whether you are currently using your PC before performing a reboot, but we will also try to predict whether you have left your device for just a couple of minutes to pour yourself a coffee and return immediately," says the official Windows blog.

According to Microsoft, before releasing the improved updater to the masses, it was thoroughly tested internally. The test results turned out to be promising. It is not known when the new update installation logic will appear in regular Windows 10.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 and Build 18204 - Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 and Build 18204 - Windows Experience Blog
  • Dona Sarkar
  • blogs.windows.com
Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and Build 18204 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead. Going forward, RS5 builds will come from the RS5_RELEASE branch. For Insiders who chose to “skip ahead”, 19H1 builds will continue to come...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yesterday, Friday, around 12 am Moscow time, working, suddenly computer became abnormal lags, hard drive light is on, CPU load is 99%.

Ok, I got into Update Center, new build Windows 10 Insider Preview 17723.1000 (rs5_release) is installed. I'm the one who somehow foolishly joined the

Insider Preview to get new versions before the official release. But the thing is that I have my working hours set to 11:00-21:00,

and that's when any updates aren't allowed. But apparently Winda doesn't think I'm a user and decided to update. Postponed the update, worked in peace,

wrote a report to MS about the outrage. Turned it on overnight and it's still updating.

Sergii Krutyi:

Yes, there is such a thing ))

There was a news story on the subject recently :

Microsoft has responded to years of complaints from users regarding OS updates at inopportune times. Users of the fresh test builds 17723 and 18204 will be able to evaluate the new update logic based on machine learning algorithms.

New Windows 10 release for testers

Microsoft has released two new builds of Windows 10, numbered 17723 (RS5) and 18204 (19H1), which are already available for download to Insider Preview tester members.

One of the most significant changes introduced in the patch is the application of improved system update logic. Microsoft has prepared a predictive model for the OS update module using machine learning algorithms. This model takes into account the behavioural factors of each user and determines the optimum time to reboot the computer so as not to distract them from their work.

"Not only will we check whether you are currently using your PC before performing a reboot, but we will also try to predict whether you have left your device for just a couple of minutes to pour yourself a coffee and return immediately," says the official Windows blog.

According to Microsoft, before releasing the improved updater to the masses, it was thoroughly tested internally. The test results turned out to be promising. When the new update installation logic will appear in regular Windows 10 is unknown.

Uh-oh, thanks for the info, encouraging. I just upgraded to17723 (RS5) today, must have been rambling for 5 hours, rebooted a few times. Ican't see 18204 (19H1) from Update Center, probably have to download it from website.

igrok333:

Yeah, I once wrote a prog in MQL5, didn't save, went to the kitchen to cook, and that shit restarted! Work in a few hours was stupidly lost. I remember Win 7 always asking if there were new updates, want to install them. And this dump doesn't care about the user. Thinking about going back to 7 again?

Moreover, disabling update service doesn't help, the trash has learned how to enable it without noticing it. Do I need to write a program that will track the activity of this service and telemetry service and kill the buggers?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yeah, I once wrote a prog in MQL5, didn't save, went to the kitchen to cook, and that shit restarted! Work in a few hours was stupidly lost. I remember Win 7 always asking if there were new updates, want to install them. And this dump doesn't care about the user. Thinking about going back to 7 again?

Moreover, disabling update service doesn't help, the trash has learned how to enable it without noticing it. Should I write a program that will track the activity of this service and telemetry service and kill the buggers?

Seven seems to be the most successful

I had an unactivated system for a long time and had no problems with updates) as soon as I activated it, it started pestering me with updates.

Sergey Vradiy:

Seven seems to be the most successful.

Glad to hear it, there are those who still like me). I've always told everyone I know that 7 is the best, especially the 64x home extension.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Moreover, disabling update service doesn't help, the trash has learned how to enable it without noticing it. Do I need to write a program that will track the activity of the service and telemetry service and kill the buggers?

On the ten update is not possible to disable the update, only postponed for 35 days maximum.

And look at the rest of the free disk space. An update can eat up 5 -10 GB. for a backup.

Sergey Vradiy:

Seven seems to be the most successful

I'm afraid it will soon be banned for MT5 too, just like XP and Vista. And I have many packages that only work under ten, as they use the latest versions of .NET, which seven does not support.

Maxim Romanov:
I had an unactivated system for a long time and had no problems with updates) as soon as I activated it, it started pestering me with updates.

There is that, unactivated has other limitations.

Reason: