General - page 924

I'm hoping someone can help me out with understanding the maths of partial closes in MT4 and their value. Lets say I am risking 2.5% of my capital and trading 1.0 lots at a SL of 50 pips If I partial close at 0.50 pips with a TP of 25 then this is 1.25% gain???? If I partial close at 0.25 pips with...
Just today, I was only a pip away from winning a trade after the fed rate decision only for the price to reverse about a pip to target. Has anyone felt same? and what and how did you react?
Hello, Background: I have created an indicator in MQL4 and will use the mql5 market service (as suggested by users in another post I started). However, I also want to build my own independent 5 day free trial version for a group of traders that I am already in touch with (due to limitations of the...
Hi Folks I have found many issues with Strategy Tester over the last couple days. Could you please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix any of them? Here they are :  1) Start Time : I can set a start and end date for the testing, however, the process starts at 00:00 of the day I selected....
Hi people, i wanna to be get each chart data in mql programming. please help me to solved my problem.
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum. I just installed a currency strength indicator on my MT4 Demo platform. I dragged and dropped it on a chart. I am able to see the names of the currencies at the bottom of the chart but nothing else appears. It is asking me to update my Quote chart...
Hello, suppose an indicator requires access to data 1H, 4H, 1D from all 28 pairs - in other words the program requires your brokers history folder to have 28x3=84 history logs in it to function properly (USDJPY60.hst, USDJPY240.hst, USDJPY1440.hst, ... etc). Is there an automated way to download...
hello  every one can introduce a good signal indicator that not repaint and not have many signals for buy and sell ???
I don't understand, every bad news about North Korea, USDJPY goes down, but if the worst happen, they are right next to NK, but EUA is big and on the other side of the planet, what's the logical reason behind that, shouldn't USDJPY go up instead?
Hello, I have created some custom indicators and want to try selling a few. I created them on MT4 version 4.00 build 1065. Is the compiled ex4 code secure enough for my code? I read on most forums that for build 600+ this should be quite secure but wanted to ask fellow developers/ traders directly....
  Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm  (27   1 2 3)
Anybody know anything about the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm and neural networks to predict future forex price movement http://www.cs.adfa.edu.au/~ruhul/Joarder.pdf check out the above paper and the predictions of the computer model compared to the actual data on page 10. (They look pretty accurate...
We know Back test compatible multi-core , But just load EA, Is it will be compatible with multi-core cpu?
  Mining. Is it still relevant or not?  (179   1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18)
Hello all. Actually, it's this. My question is about making money. Maybe it makes sense to sell the power not to Mql5 but to other channels? Well, who has something to say? I hope the theme is not deleted
1. Hello, i want to know the correct and detailed process of price determinaiton on the forex server. Inputs we have control are sell(or pending sell), buy(or pending buy) and volumes(lots). That's all. How price is determined on the server with those 3-5 variables are my concern. Is there any
A trader who has 0 experience in programming forex and searching a programmerA developer who has 0 experience in forex and he is expert in programming onlyOr a programmer who is a proffessional trader since long years as well who already build his own experts to help himself and others
Hi all, Just wanted to know if there was a simple solution to adding bars to an existing indicator Not really good at coding here, but I have an indicator (Price channel stop) that I really like for my current strategy, only thing is that I can't backtest more than 750 bars. I've tried to change the...
[Deleted]
Hello All, does MetaTrader 5's strategy tester have any ability to resume testing after power loss? Along same lines is there any way to pause testing and resume at later time?
  Little question of a newbie  (14   1 2)
Hello, I'm all new to the metatester and I just wanted to know what would happen if I shutdown the pc or when the power goes out or the windows update decides to just reboot for hours. Well perhaps you could also tell me if it was possible to install the Metatester under Linux. Kind regards, Nico M.
Hi my agents seems to disappear.I had 8 and then 0.So i uninstalled them and installed them back and some started to get used.But now only 3 are left and get used occasionally.But 5 are gone again.And i do have 8 core cpu.Fx 8370.
Sometimes you find yourself in a situation that begs response...you have an IDEA in your mind that will make you RICH beyond belief!...Usually that IDEA is attached to modification of an existing repainting indicator...You ask...and ask coders to help you with that simple task...but all you hear is
I'm having a flush today
Hello, I'm all new to this and when my friend told me a bit about it I was all in at the mention of getting some extra money for the pc resources that I provide. The only thing is that Microsoft sometimes just throws arround some updates I want to install to keep my home ketwork etc safe and the...
  custom asset  (1)
thanks to everyone, first I apologize for my English. I would have a request to make you, change the currency symbols from eur / usd to usd / eur, eur / jpy to jpy / eur, if any of you has already done it , explain me how to do it, or, send me, thank you in advance salve a tutti,per prima cosa...
Hello  I would like to hear your suggestions to this. Say you would like to have your EA avoid new trades due to extreme volatility . By volatility I mean a big market move in either direction  or a whipsaw occurring (big move in one direction following move to opposite direction simultaneously). I...
after installing MT4, i could not find USTBOND among the list of my symbols. how do i go about it
  MT5 in US?  (3)
Hi guys, Does anyone know any US regulated (NFA) broker supporting MetaTrader 5? I know it's not allowed to discuss brokers here but I'm just wondering if such a broker exists.
hello everyone;    I just installed mql5 "meta tester 5 agents manager" just a few days ago, with the intention of selling my PC's computational power, I followed the proper set-up method included in the official download website, all my cores seem to be connected and running, but the "passes"...
[Deleted]
Dear I developed a .net dll. i want use this my custom EA. i just want to know is MQL support .NET DLL?
I'd like to download MT4 but no matter with download linkI choose it keeps downloading MT5 instalator, anyone can give me the link to MT4?