General - page 365

I've been looking for it but can't find it. I.e., the function that returns the " int pos , // number in the list of objects" referred to in the ObjectName function documentation page. For example: int ObjectIndex( long chart_id, // chart identifier string name
Hi, When I create a synthetic chart, I can get decent charts all the way up to the H4 Tiem Frame. However, I do not get enough Daily data. For example: I type EURUSD + EURCAD. Although I have sufficient History data for Daily timeframe per symbol, the synthetic chart does not show enough history
  LIBERAR ESPACIO  (1)
Good afternoon, friends. Does anyone know in which folder the data of the backtest they carry out is stored? I need to free up more space on the hard disk, I see that every time I backtest the disk capacity goes down little by little, so ..... I need to know. THANK YOU
Is it just me, or is the messaging system still not working? - I click on "messages" and the messages page opens, but is not updated with the latest messages - it takes sometimes more than 1 minute before they synchronise - when I answer a messages, sometimes, after clicking "send", the types
Hi I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for through searching. I was hoping someone could direct me to a good explanation of the below My account currency is GBP. I want to trade EUR/USD. I understand the maths to calculate everything I need for price per pip and margin calcs What I don't
  help on a code  (1)
Hello Everyone, I am dummy at programming. I want a simple calculation but do not know how to program it. I want to get standard deviation for last two candles on any timeframe but do not understand how to write this code or how to do it. if someone could help me on how do i get standard deviation
Hi I use MT5 and I noticed the chart doesn't update on every price change. Sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds, the time varies, sometimes takes a few seconds, and sometimes it updates normally as it should. Have tested it on IC Markets and MetaQuotes, still same result. Both demo accounts, maybe
Moving my code to MQL5, there's one thing I'm really missing: MQL4's speedy compilations. When I'm in development/debugging/initial testing stages, I couldn't care less about runtime performance. I'll get to performance issues after I get the dang thing to work lol. Although I'm looking forward to
This is an inconsistent bug. As soon as I see any pattern I'll report it. Simple script, 2 or 3 breakpoints, when I click the button or hit F5 to start debugging, the script loads, runs, and skips all the breakpoints. To get it to work properly I have to close MetaEditor and the MT5 terminal
i am trying to buy indicator and expert and i go to pay keep saying the bank system is down !!! try to use card and paypall is not working
Recently restarted mt5 on windows10 desktop after updating the platform. Now the expert advisers are not executing for when in the parameters of trade.buy I specify the instruments to trade. But when the specifics are removed the trades
As above, I have registered 1 signal, and in the "journal" section of MT4 it is clearly displayed as Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 2% (old value 0%)" So why when the signal opens 1 Sell XAUUSD position with volume of
Hey Folks Must an expert adviser enter trades when I activate it or when time (minutes) change? Or do they run as soon as they're dropped on the charts
Hello everyone, I saw a "Slippage" tab at the Signal Provider page, it was written as follows: USDJPY 0.01 x 19 EURJPY 0.10 x 5 Meaning 1 pip slippage had happened 19 times for USDJPY? Meaning 10 pips slippage had happened 5 times EURJPY? Thank you
Hey all, The following indicator displays the value of defined stop loss and or take profit , I wonder if any of you is able to convert it from MT4 to MT5 to let other traders benefit from. Thanks
Hello MQL5 community Forum, I was hoping to reach out to the community and ask a question. Has anyone ever trade on the monthly timeframe chart? If yes with what tools, indicators, Expert advisors and trading strategy system was used? I'm curious and would like to know. Thank You
hello, how can i suscrip for LME realtime data
Hi, I have found 3 issues when using Forex based custom symbols (Synthetic instruments). 1. After platform is closed and opened some time later, the custom symbol appears to be missing data and does not re-calculate. The only way I have found to solve this is to create a new custom symbol under a
Hi, i am trying to hello I am trying to migrate this indicator to an EA but I have not been able to with this part of the code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom indicator iteration function |
Hi, since there's been questions about the varied Forex market conditions, here's a chart that compares them. moneyline
There will be a few indicators - stop loss & take profit. Willing to pay good money. Send me a message and we will work out a deal
hi everyone i'm using this work for getting signal from telegram : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2355 but when i sent a reply to the a massage i just got the new massage not the text that that mentioned in the reply how i could get that mentioned text? thank you
  Coding help... Cyclical indicator  (207   1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21)
Hello all... Can someone pls help me to convert the excel formula that I attach into an indicator for metatrader? It repaints because make a projection of the last available value. But it traces a cycle indicator and its momentum very clear and precise. I think it will be useful for all, especially...
Hi guys, i need help. Hi, EA store also wanted to offer it for sale, but with the report included in the pictures this request was rejected. I applied the strategy test to make the necessary checks. As a result, I received no errors. How can I get approval for EA? I think the report is flawed; I
I don't know about you guys, but I'd love for their to be official support for VS Code. It's clear that VS Code is superior to MetaEditor, but there's certain things that MetaEditor does that makes life easier for MT4/MT5 programming. What's currently lacking on VS Code (to the best of my knowledge)
i use mt4 with 2 different account. on the first account is XAUUSD and the another one is XAUUSD' (with apostrophe) what is different between that
Is there any way to contact MQL5 support, besides the "service desk" which only deals with financial questions? As a developer on MQL5, it is sometimes crucial to have a support desk. Is there a phone number, or special email address
I use OHLC data to import from Websocket and update it using CustomRatesUpdate When I import data from 1 jan to 1 aug its file size is 19MB only but after one day size of file 2021.hcc under <DataFolder> > bases > <symbolname> folder becomes in 1.5GB to 3 GB for each symbol Its not tick, Its OHLC
Hello there, I am trying to subscribe to a signal. I CAN find in through the MQL5 website - but NOT when I am logged in on my MT5 terminal?? I have checked all settings - and am logged correctly in. My funds reflect correctly and I can find other providers. This has happened once before and the
Hi; On Mt4 I can use Offline charts with the script (Period Converter); to look at different custom timeframes. I'm trying to do the same on MT5. How can I do it