General - page 1624

how to identify trend  (20   1 2)
hello friends i'm new here. i just want to ask - how to identify the trend since the trend is very impotants. i also want to ask that, how to pus a good stop loss. thanks
I created a basic EA with the features people would like to have but when I test it on the Strategy Tester, it never makes any moves whatsoever. Can someone take a look at it and tell what I'm missing, could be something small. Thank you.
All, I would REALLY like to see a candlestick recognition and labeling indicator in MQ4 language, much like Accucharts' candlestick labeling. This would be useful while eyeballing charts but also in automated trading . Has anyone actually accomplished this yet? -- Currency Cat
I'm running an earlier version of MT4 on Win XP Professional SP3 . I'm running an earlier version because I have a problem that terminal.exe crashes on startup when I try build 220. Its a fresh install of XP SP3 with all updates current. I've also tried with SP1, SP2. Has anyone had a similar...
Hello friends I need some help again with a new monthly poll. It is located on the front page of forexexplore.com, but you can also answer here and I will do the rest! Thank you. Here is the question: How long does it take to become successful in forex? Possible answers: a) less than half a year b)...
  Smileyfx  (29   1 2 3)
Today we Entered the calble Short @ 9:00am from 1.4820 targeted 1.4770 our target got filled with 50pips also we eneterd the gbpjpy @ 135.45 we got to our target 134.35 of 110 pips thats all befor 10:00am this morning, and we are having the rest of the day off 09/02/2009 163pips 10/02/2009...
Hi Traders When trading on the foreign currency exchange market or the Forex using trading and intervention techniques can offer traders benefits. When traders look to intervention as a means of seeing where the Forex is heading, it can indicated that some currencies should be higher or lower...
Switzerland's two largest banks are set to announce this week that they suffered combined losses last year of 29 billion Swiss francs ($25 billion), according to a Swiss news report Sunday. UBS AG will reveal Tuesday an annual net loss of 21 billion Swiss francs and will announce 5000 to 8000 new...
  cyrox
I wonder if anyone has any experience of using the cyrox scalping system? Does it work? Is it worth the cost or are there similar more affordable tools? Many thanks
  Close Script  (1)
I do hope someone can help me with this. In MT4, there is a script called "Close." I have added a Hotkey to the script, "Alt C." However, when I use the script to close down a particular position, the platform wants to confirm the action being taken. I would like help from someone to tell me how
Hi, i just was having the idea, that MetaTrader for PC, had the option of saving the profile in a format that could be readable for the MetaTrader Mobile Version, of course, there will be some limitations, like the indicator, who arent in the mobile version, are not going to be saved in the profile,...
Hello MT4 Developers, I want to mention some problems on expert development - Daily bars: During the years, brokers wouldn't have correct daily bars. Except Russian based brokers. Many of them having 6 day bars. It is really important. - Always everything is changing and our codes are becoming...
  Forex Basics  (10)
Hey all, I noticed there are a lot new beginners requesting similar information in this section of the forum. Maybe we could put together a sticky that says: " IMPORTANT: READ THIS FIRST, BEFORE POSTING!" We could throw some Q&A in there along with training and news websites, this may eliminate some
Hey folks, My name is Steve and I'm fairly new to Forex trading ...I have been interested in it since 2005. It started when I was working as a Project Mgr. in San Francisco, CA. An employee of mine put his 2 weeks notice in to me prior to his departure. I assumed that he had found a better position
Request MQL4 API ObjectShow( string name); Action: perform Object List "Show" function, frame (locate) desired object in chart I have many clients that use MT4 both as an analysis platform and a trade debrief platform. I have created a script that allows windows of a Symbol() to be synced to the...
Hello, I was wondering if you'd be able to add the ability to customize the way the platform looks. No offense to your software, it is absolutely wonderful, but after reviewing a few other platforms, I have noticed they offer the ability to customize or add different themes to the display. For...
In the following attached file, it uses only 1 buffer for the dotted line, the arrows are drawn from object. How can I call pickup the arrows in the icustom statement?
Hi Everyone, I have a scenario and wondering if getting involved with a Forex firm would help out. If so, I also have some general questions. Please take a look and tell me how I could do this much better.... Scenario today: I went to a US Wells Fargo today and wanted to wire transfer about 62,000...
Hello everyone, Would anyone know of a code snippet that will keep my EA from trading on the first Friday of every month? I know I can just turn it off, but I would like to backtest it and see if it makes a difference. Thanks guys, Matt
  Ideas  (3)
First of all thanks for the greatest trader tool ever invented. Here's a few ideas to improve it: -When sorting by columns in the optimization results list, maybe it could also change the heat map to focus on that data i.e. sorting the oprimization results list by drawdown changes the heatmap to...
I wrote this indicator to show the difference of a price channel. A price channel is the highest high and lowest low for a time period. The idea behind this indicator is that when the difference gets smaller, the higher the chance for a breakout to one side or the other. Also, the smaller the...
Here are a few observations for the strategy report: 1) It seems to me that when I specify a date range for the strategy test, this range is not on the report but the data range is repeated. 2) The sharpe ratio would really be nice as this is probably one of the better ways of evaluating real...
Hi, I have the attached indicators but they seem to have a bug in them. What I want to do is have the indicator place an arrow / icon when double bars occur. Double top or double bottom and it would be nice if I had an option of double close as well. The indi places an arrow on SOME double bars but
I installed build 220 on my home Vista machine, no problems. I then tried the install on my Windows server 2003 machine and its crashes and says:- An internal exceptions has occured, Please contact support@oreans.com Thanks you! Have any of you guys even tested this on Win Server 2003
  Candles Question  (1)
What does the candle OHLC represent? Is it the OHLC for the Bid or the Ask price?
It is the link to RentaSignal Service Website: Rentasignal | Rent a Signal Webdesign may be changed but main home page looks like the following: [attach]78475[/attach] We can use menu to go to see the signals: [attach]78474[/attach] Commercial signals: [attach]78472[/attach] Or free signals:...
Hi, During the past 6 months or so, I've been looking for a simple and profitable trading system. I don't want to make millions, just a decent income. After trying tons of different methods, I came to think that one of the most interesting approach is using a multiple timeframe analysis. The one I...
Hi all, I'm successfully running MIG's MT4 build 208 on Virtual PC (Win XP Professional SP3) on my PowerBook G4. It actually runs very well indeed. And all of my EAs run fine when compiled on build 208 and run on a real PC with build 220. The reason that I am running build 208 is that terminal...
  EUR/USD scalping EA  (13   1 2)
To all, Hopefully someone can help here. I'am trying to create an expert advisor to trade the EUR/USD on a 1m chart. Below are the trading rules: Buy Orders: Buy order is triggered when the close of the 1M bar is above the 13 bar MA. Sell the position when the close of the 1M bar is below the 13 bar...
Hi there I need some help with entering trade halfway thru the trend. Is there any indicator that would allow you to enter half way thru the trend or re enter or the best late entry? Sometimes, I missed the initial entry signal, and donot dare to enter without any confirmation from another indicator...