working with large date sets

Hi All,

I am testing the MT5 (deploying from MT4). The system is connected to large data sets that are stored in SQL server (more than 500K attributes per instrument). In MT4 in order to save download time I imported the data to history files and worked with the history files by using custom indicators. My question is as follows:

In MT5 can I import custom data to history files like in MT4?

If not how do you suggest working with large data sets that are stored in SQL server? (I am using the ADO lib to connect to SQL server which is working very well)

Regards,

Assaf

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

1. No, unfortunately you can't.

2. Try to read article "Practical Application Of Databases For Markets Analysis". It might be helpful for you.

Reason: