General - page 1858

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but have been reading along for a while. I have been trying various strategies as posted by all of you. Thanks for all the help so far. I have been trading a demo account using interbankfx platform. I have done reasonably well for a beginner ( about 1-3000 per...
Since you are working on the dictionary improvements, it would be good idea to mark which function cannot be used in Script, Expert and Indicator. Knowing that the Indicator cannot use OrderSend() I was under an impression that I cannot use other Order....() functions. Last week I was pleasantly...
Hi Slawa, Just wondering if I can use sleep function to make EA "wait for 8 seconds" between trading operations, for example: If (Bid>High[1]) then Open Order 17; Sleep(8000); If (Bid<Low[1]) then Close Order 17; Just want to make sure that if I do this, that it will not cause...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 193 will be released today, on 3 May, 2006. What’s new: 1. Fixed free margin check for demo accounts on symbols with margin currency differing from the symbol base currency. 2. Revised MetaEditor Dictionary.
Hi, can someone tell me the code so the simple example indicator I attach only issues an alert after the close of the candle if the signal stays valid and not keep alerting during the duration of the candle??? Thanks!
hi all, i need any one help me to put this indc LWMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 in expert to trading live buy/sell plzzzzzzz and thanks so mutch..... LWMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum
Hi, say I have open orders of currency pairs A, B, and C. Is there a way to get the expert to recognize that there is no open order of currency pair D, and given the right conditions, to then open one? Or to see that there already is an trade open for currency par A and not open one? I'm wanting to...
New article "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean" is published "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean"
[Deleted]
HI can someone convert this EA to MT4? Can it be improved? Many thanks Kirsty
Hi Slawa, Got your message before and I dont see the problem with using sleep function between trading operations as a delay. This is the expert im using below, and it works fine on a demo account. Im now worried about what you said about "game for all money" what doies this phrase mean? Is...
  Cry for help!  (12   1 2)
I've asked about this many times, but so far noone has been able to help me. I use the Murray Math Lines F indicator for plotting the murray levels , but it has a couple of bugs that are a big inconvenience to me. First thing is that it doesn't refresh itself, and second is that it repaints the
Where can I find a list of the brokers which accept Meta Trader ? Is it posible to watch two or many fores pairs (eur/usd and usd/cad for ex.) at the same time, in the same expert advisor and to send an order if both pairs have a certain value ? Thank you !
  EA need yr support!  (12   1 2)
hi All Can you please help me in coding my EA, i need to place tow pending orders buystop and sellstop for each of the main currency pairs, at the same time, when ever i try to code that it gave me error #130, and always send one pending order buystop and never send the sellstop order at the same...
i try mt4 mobile for few days, but i can not found way to add custom indicator , like in regular mt4. There possibly to apply custom indicator to mobile mt4 ? thanks
Dear All Can you please help me in coding my EA, i need to place tow pending orders buystop and sellstop for each of the main currency pairs, at the same time, when ever i try to code that it gave me error #130, and always send one pending order buystop and never send the sellstop order at the same...
  Introduction  (9)
Hi, my name is Randy (user name RCBarlow). I am glad to have found this forum. I see I have tons of reading to do. I have never traded (successfully) before. Never attempted FX. I just downloaded and installed the Version 4 of the program. I have also downloaded several of the indicators someone...
[Deleted]
  How to fi  (5)
Can anyone on this forum answer the following questions which were posed on another forum. "Hi, Does someone know if there is a way to retreive the time at which a pending has been triggered ? I have many pending orders, and my problem is to know which opened order is the last trigered one, (to...
Hi Slawa, Just wondering if 6 seconds wait after placing order is long enough (to get confirmation of order placed and see the order in the trade terminal) ? within endless loop this is code im using: { RefreshRates(); OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots2,Ask,Slippage...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, Sorry to seem a bit dumb, I'm new to FX trading, but some expert advisors for MT4 would be appreciated for GBP/$, particularly breakout strategies. Thanks in advance.
Can anyone please help me to apply the Detrended Oscillator to MT4? I'm not a programmer myself. According to Joe DiNapoli the formula is: Detrended Oscillator= Close (Latest) minus 7 period Simple moving average . Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hello, I'm having some trouble getting MT4 strategy tester to work. I have attached my expert to daily chart (as my strategy uses daily candlesticks). I have imported some third party 5 minute candlestick data into MT4 going back to Jan. 1999. I have put a tick in the "recalculate" box...
Hi, I have imported all timeframes (1m,5m,15m,30m,60,240m and daily) into MT4. My intra-day data goes back to 1999 (7 years worth of data). My expert is about 1000 lines long. I am running the backtest now (and i know that it is calculating as my CPU is running at 50% capacity). However, I...
[Deleted]
I want to place limit orders as the market approaches some price levels. What is the minimum distance between the ask and the buylimit price? I am guessing that it will be the same for bid and selllimit price. Thanks, Maji
Where can i find the list of upgrades that metatrader build 192 has over 191. A list of bug fixes too, etc... i searched the program's website, but i cant find anything.
Hi all, I have this EA that seems to be working 100% accurately for what I want it to do. I didn't write it, Jorgka did, but I need someone to backtest it on $/JPY, $/CHF, EUR/JPY, and GBP/$. Please post your results in this thread. Thanks Huhenyo.
  4 hour data  (2)
My 4 hour data with interbank suddenly changed.. and im trying to fix it to no avail. My data was from 2004 until today. Now, the data im getting is a few ticks from 2001.. then suddenly i get todays feed. I dont know why this is happening. totally unexpected. Can someone upload their 4 hour meta...
  Convert: easyLanguage  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi everybody, is there someone that want to help me to translate an easyLanguage tradingsystem in an EA in MT3 o MT4? Thank. Bolla
  What is Forex?  (8)
The Foreign Exchange market, also referred to as the "Forex" or "FX" market is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average turnover of US$1.9 trillion -- 30 times larger than the combined volume of all U.S. equity markets. "Foreign Exchange" is the simultaneous buying of one...
Hello, Metatrader is great but would love to see these changes to Fibonacci. The ability to change the color of different levels and the ability to erase levels that you don't want to look at by clicking and erasing the unwanted level. Thanks Rip
Hello everyone, I am having a problem that I think is a glitch or bug with MT4. I wonder if others are having the same problem. I am using Interbankfx demo and it seems that sometimes the trades will exit, apparently at random, without the stoploss or the profit target being hit. It is not even...