General - page 1629

"One of the reasons I am partial to Australians is that they are critical thinkers, not easily cowed by authority or conventional wisdom. In the US, one of the reasons that Fed chair Ben Bernanke is given so much deference (aside from the fact that we treat people in positions of power with kid...
hi, planning to get HTC Touch HD with 3.8" screen with 800x400 resolution. Can someone show the screen with a 30min chart and 1 hour?
Hi Everyone! How are you doing today? So here are our last 4 months stats, * Taken from Forex Managed Accounts By Stern Capital Group So in 4 months having over 700% in compounded earnings, thats pretty good I guess... Not to mention we are up by 18.59% since 01/01/2009 I'd keep updating...
Hi, I am new to meta trader 4. Initially when i used meta trader, the vertical scale values were approximated to four decimal places and the values increased by 5 in the fourth decimal place. It was easy to track the pips that way. Now i see that the vertical scale values has been changed to 5...
Hello all, I have an EA that has a number of different types of entry signals. I can toggle them on and off with true/false inputs. Meaning, if I have #1 and #5 set to true, entry signals will only be generated when both #1 and #5's conditions are met to open a trade and all other signals (or lack...
Hi I want to use the text you wrote to describe MQL4 on my site I would appreciate it if you gave me permission to do that thanks, loopyno
I have this divergence indicator.....was wondering if any of the smart folks here can take the drawing of the lines for divergence and apply that logic to the attached rsi indicator. I'll attach a pic of what I'm looking at.
Has anyone had the experience where a call to AccountBalance() failed? Failed in the sense that it returned a value of 0 or <0 ? I have a problem with a lot size calculation that I can only explain if AccountBalance() returned 0 or a number < 1. Hoping someone else has seen this before.
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke warned that a fiscal stimulus won’t be enough to spur an economic recovery and that the government may need to buy or guarantee banks’ tainted assets to reviv growth. “Fiscal actions are unlikely to promote a lasting recovery unless they are accompanied by...
hello: -In previous versions I sc operated since Build 220 I do not work, orsimply do nothing, I downloaded historical, I have installed MetaTraderdifferent and the same broker. I run the script online-offline and doesnot run Will you help me? -not found A Script to Calculate MAE and MFE thank...
Making losing trades is part of the game. The key is to make the losses smaller than the wins, in aggregate. So share, what's your single biggest trading loss to date? The biggest loss in a single trade I can recall is in ORCL back in 2000, when I held into earnings release - it promptly gapped down
  Hedging  (10)
I just wanna know how many of you who like to hedge as a trading strategy ..? And how do you become successful on this kind of strategy.. and how about those who don't like the idea of hedging? Just want to hear your experience and opinions.. Thanks
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Statistical Report #3 has been published. In the third statistical report we analyze trading results of the Top Ten Participants by the end of the ATC 2008. In this report we consider currency pairs most preferable among these...
hello together, although my english is not very well i'd like to ask the experts what i do wrong with calling a function in a dll ... i created a c-dll that includes the function SCORE ... this needs an indata and outdata array and does some calculating ......
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to use the Simplyfx2 EA on different charts. When I do that, I read that you change the Magic Number to make sure each open/close is unique to that chart. Is that the correct process? Thanks!
Hellow, I would like to know the client area at the chart. Please advise me. Assuming that the point of the left top corner is (0,0), please let me know the coordinats of the the right bottom. In this case, ObjectSet("",OBJPROP_CORNER,3)shoud not be used. Many thans and best regards,
Dear experts, In my EA, I have to use a custom indicator to decide when to trade. This indicator draws 4 lines on the chart. I don't have the source code for the indicator; all I know is that if at the start of a new bar the color of the indicator lines is green, then I have to buy, if it's red, I...
What are international rules in gold trading? Does MT4 follow international rules in gold trading?
and how. So that i could know how ES, GOLD, OIL etc.. open and close and the change at any trading time (6E for eur change) Now it has Symbol, Bid, Ask, Time, High/Low Thanks Happy trading
This is My first Post, I´ve been reading this forum, and others and mixing some indicators and Systems Trying to find something confortable and Profitable. So far this Mixed System I ´m using is doing Great. In this trade today I made 60 Pips, could had been 100 +, But I got Nervous and Afraid And...
  Trend Break EA  (2)
Hi, I had got this indicator from one of the forums. This is basically an auto trendline indicator. This draws an upper and a lower trendline with probable targets for both upside as well as downside. Can it be programmed to function as an EA with options top set Stop Loss, Take Profit & Trailing...
I'm new to programming. I've read the (great) book at mql4.com andsome other tutorials (coders' guru, etc). I've also traded on my own inMT4 for two years now. I've used periodconverter.mq4 in the past to geta different look at the markets and consider it a very valuable toolfor several reasons. I...
build 220 genetic algo is checked using open prices i was running some optimizations this morning and the optmizer is behaving oddly. yesterday it worked OK. no matter what time frame length i choose there is nothing. the journal says * optimization started * optimization stopped, 322 cache...
  Positive to Negative  (14   1 2)
I don't no weather that is the right term. but I would like to know how to change this indicator so the calculations are reversed. Cheers Beno
  Best reversal ea  (4)
i am very new to coding world. i have coded an ea but it can only give you buy and sell signal. i want some one to edit the ea like this stoploss is recent low/high of the bar when order was triggered. and trade should close on the bar close. also audible alert when trade is opened and closed. i...
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows how a broker knows whether an order was placed by an EA or Manual entry? Is it when we use Comments in the OrderSend command from the EA? Thanks
How many hedge funds blew up in the last 12 months? How many of these supposed blow-ups were to really disguise carefully crafted ponzi schemes? How easy would it be to tell investors that you simply made some bad bets rather then telling them that you stole their money? If you are someone like...
  Stocks picks by swingtradingcom  (38   1 2 3 4)
(IHS) - buy IHS Inc, said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose 33 percent as sales grew across all business segments. (APOL) - buy Apollo Group Inc, said that its quarterly profit rose 29 percent as enrollment hit a record. The company said it earned $180.4 million, or $1.12 per share, in its...
Hi, I recently downloaded MT4 and started developing my own scripts. I ran the Strategy tester on some simple expert adviser. Here are some lines from the report produced by MT4: (I removed some of the non relevant information) Line# Date & TimeID Lots Rate...
Ok, spreads kill some pairs. but is theire away to place trades in the middle of a spreads. This way we can save pips and make more money. i have this code and can it be changed to modify the order to chart price not bid ask? void PlaceBuyOrder() { double BuyOrders, Lots; double LowestBuy = 1000,...