RAS Signal - Multi-EA - page 5

Summary - week of 16 August

Hi all,

Some of you are probably wondering if I'm watching so I just thought I'd put up a quick post here to let you know that I'm still with you.

This week we've been weathering the storm of some sideways action on the EURUSD combined with summertime trading volumes. I'm not really enjoying it but until we break over this weeks high/low we are are going to experience a drawdown on our accounts. To say how much of a drawdown is like predicting the weather and I don't do either of those things. What I am doing though is trying to limit our drawdown by managing the signal (as I always have). Let's hope next week shapes up differently.

Today, as I do every Friday, I will be looking for an opportunity to close out all trades for the weekend. For those who may have missed any previous explanations as to why I'll just note the two main reasons again:

1. It gives new traders a prime opportunity to sign up and get the best possible start on the signal (even if it happens to be a drawdown week like this).

2. We all get the benefit of any weekend tune ups and adjustments that I make to the signal. I use the weekends to make any major changes so as not to dissrupt the signal during the trading week.

There is one thing that may change my "weekend close out" plan and that would be a major move down in the EUR. If we break the lows and are up by about 100 pips by the end of the day, some trades will be held because a major move is on and we need to capitalize on it. I'm not predicting anything here, that's just the trading plan.

Going forward, I'm looking at adding the GBPUSD in the coming weeks. Before I add it I will give everyone prior notice here. I've been testing one of the GBPUSD strategies on my account and it produced some pips this week but I want to observe it for a bit longer before adding it to Multi-EA. Also, just to alay any concerns about the total position size policy I have on Multi-EA (which is currently a maximum of 10 x 0.10 lots or 1 full lot), there is no plan to change this even if the GBP is added.

Kelvin

Hi all,

Change in plan. The break of the weekly low came fast and furious so I've set a profit target on the last portion of our postion for the week, rather than let it run over the weekend. My fear is a reversal during the US session and getting stopped out so I closed most of our position and I'm wait to see what happens.

If our target is reached we finish the week positive and sleep well for the weekend. If we're stopped out at least we will have limited our drawdown for the week and will wait for the next best opportunity to jump back in again next week.

Kelvin

Independent Audit Results

INDEPENDENT AUDIT RESULTS: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179156/page16

I just thought I'd share this for those who haven't seen it. This audit was carried out by a third party, and was not commisioned by me.

Online and running again!

Hi all,

We're online and running again for another week!

To all who subscribed this weekend, Welcome! Thank you for subscribing.

Enjoy the pips everyone!

Kelvin

Update

Hi all,

I'm not a real big fan of ending a week right about where we started but that's about where we are as of Thursday evening (GMT) and I suppose that's better than the alternative. The week started out with the pips coming in nicely and it looked like we were in for a good run until the market couldn't decide which economy was going to do worse in the near future, the European or US.

In any case, let's see what happens in the next 24 hours and hope for a few more pips before we close out for the week.

I'll post another update later tomorrow or over the weekend.

Kelvin

All Trades Closed - Ready for Sign-up

UPDATE 27/08/2010 - Flat, all trades closed for the weekend. For those waiting to sign up, weekends are the best time to subscribe to this signal as it gives you the best possible start. Monday we'll be looking for the best opportunity to enter the market again.

The EUR was very rough today and I was hoping for a few more pips for the week but we still closed out the week positive despite the up and down. Let's look for more pips next week. Have a good weekend everyone!

A TOP 5 Signal again! & We're online for another week

Hi all,

First, I would like to extend a warm welcome and "Thank you" to all our new traders who subscribed this weekend!

As I'm sure many of you noticed we're a Top 5 Signal again! We also received another independent audit which validated the trades taken during the week and we came out positive despite the rough trading conditions. At RAS an audit is a good thing (as opposed to a financial audit that your government might subject you to! ).

We're online:

A few minutes ago the market gave us the setup we were looking for so we're online now and ready for trading for another week.

What to expect this week:

As I've noted before, I don't try to predict the market but the fundamentalists out there are suggesting more sideways action this week leading into the NFP on Friday. The equity markets are setting up for a possible rebound but the long term signals are mixed, some indicating a rebound while others indicating a possible breakdown.

Although I don't enjoy admitting this, this usually translates into less pips or even a draw down on the week. That said however, I'm going to set the trending side of our strategy to trade more conservatively and, as usual, I will be monitoring the EA's and trying to close out for profit as we go. I will also look for an opportunity to end our trading week early because I won't be at my trading desk on Friday for the NFP and, although I've let the signal run right through the NFP in the past, I've always been on hand to monitor it.

Despite the somewhat negative outlook for this week I'm still hoping for some positive pips, so as always, enjoy the pips everyone!

Kelvin

Multi-EA Signal NFP Note

Hi all,

Please note that the signal will be running right through the NFP today. For those who would like to trade more conservatively, please monitor your Multi-EA signal trades and take profit/loss/breakeven as you see fit.

The reason for this change of plan is that the up move for the week appears to be about 90 pips short of where it should be and I would like to try to catch that.

I'll provide another update after the NFP later today.

Kelvin

NFP Success! & Sign-up mode for the weekend

Hi all,

We traded right through the NFP this time and all trades are closed out for a decent week’s profit.

Anyone who’s monitoring the signal may want to sign up and get ready to trade now while we’re flat. One of these day’s I’ll add the reason why to the first or second post of this thread for easy reference, I promise.

NFP Success!

In my earlier note today I mentioned that conservative traders may have wanted to find a spot to close out before the NFP because it could go either way. If you closed out and missed the move please don’t have second thoughts about your decision. No loss is, well, no loss and we’ll get back into the market next week.

For those who stayed in with me today we did ok. Well done everyone! The full move up didn’t quite complete but I closed out for the weekend because the market had slowed down (moved only about 13 pips in the last 2 hours). There might be a bit more in the move up but as usual, I like to be flat for the weekend to avoid any radical changes in price when the market opens next week.

Next week we have a US holiday on Monday so markets may not move normally that day. After that, summer holidays are over and what we call "normal" trading conditions should be resuming (although we all know that forex trading conditions are any but normal even at the best of times). With that, let's hope for more pips next week!

Thanks and enjoy the pips everyone!

Kelvin

Up and running for another week!

Hi all,

We're up and running for another trading week!

To our new subscribers this week we say "Welcome!" and thank you for joining us.

The US has a holiday today so we don't expect much action but we found a decent place to start up the signal so we went live. Let's hope for some pips this week and see how the market treats us as traders return to their desks and trade volumes increase.

Enjoy the pips!

Kelvin

Reason: