General - page 1414

Hi, 1) I'm finding that it typically takes about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds to execute a market order on MT4. I don't want to turn this into a review of brokers but am asking if anyone else has been able to achieve anything approaching HFT (eg perhaps sub 0.1s) using MQL5 and MT4? 2) Does MT5 generally...
I'm a total beginner here to Metatrader 5 and the industry in general. I am using the demo version of MT5, with the basic demo server. As far as I understand (And i don't understand very far), the fx markets are always open. However, MT5 only provides quotes at certain times. I remember on MT4, at
Hi, i need some help to create an indicator that will display dots on the chart once a certain criteria is met, I have already posted in this programing section asking for help with this but for some reason the original thread i posted was moved from this area can someone please help me with this...
hi ; indicator " trading_sessions" has problem in sunday from 21:00 GMT can you help to modify that such as : do not draw at sunday my broker start @ sunday 21:00 gmt and this will applay on ( sunday and monday ) can modify it to work just from monday until friday thanks
Anyone else have zero cloud activity since the 18th ? (Core i5 with 4 gig, 64 gig Ram and 4 agents - so I doubt that there would be zero activity in the last 3 days ??).
Hi, Let me explain. MT brokers usually have different servers in different regions. Any command in mql5 that can force the account to be logged in a server I choose instead of doing it manually. Attached a pic showing an example
US Congress questions high frequency trading today, mainly on future and stock market. If they curbs high frequency trading, like add extra transaction cost, minimum holding time, then many future and stock algorithm trading shares will switch to FX market. Since FX market is not US domestic market
Obviously this is not an idea for ATC 2012, but I suggest for the next championship a new resource that enables any EA know what is their position in the competition in real time (participant position). This variable would be part of the championship platforms, accessible from the source code of...
[Deleted]
i'm using the CTrade class to open positions (CTrade.Buy and CTrade.Sell) and it works well if i don't specify any stop loss or take profit values in their respective fields (meaning i type 0) , however if i specify any value in these fields the ea stops working it never open any positions why is...
Good afternoon. I couldn't find an answer - what time will be in the terminal at the Championship 2012? And one more thing - what are the quotes on the server in the history and where will the quotes be taken from during the Championship? Will they be somehow processed (filtered) before being sent
Hi, Any idea how I can get the bid and ask price from another broker? Thanks in advance
Under Agents -> Tasks. It was not there yesterday.
Championship submission fails, but it I never reproduce it locally. Any idea? thank you! Errors found in your Expert Advisors during checking: 2012.09.18 07:421. Copy experts\Znga.mq5 ok2. Compile experts\Znga.mq5 okMQL5 Compiler launcher x64 build 695 (6 Sep 2012)Copyright 2001-2012,...
Hi Folks, I'm recently considering to switch to an Ipad, considering its strong battery, technical specs, etc., and I know that MT5 has been available for the Mac OS. However, for some reason, the Metaeditor isn't available for the Mac OS. Does anyone know whether a good compromise would be to use...
Is it possible to embed MetaTrader5 in C# say, a window? I have been to write a program that will open MT4/5 but , but if I try to embed into "window" in C# it simply won't work. Hoping there is a solution.
  Fundamental EAs  (1)
Can MT4 EAs be programmed to trade off of fundamentals?
hi I am try to finsih the EA EWO+ ADX + SAR but i dont know how do it. The strategy is it: PARES : AUDUSD AND NZDUSD OR AUDYEN OR NZDYEN to buy: When Elliot wave oscillator cross down above and the seconD bar closed >0 IF +ADX 50( DI ABOVE -DI) AND Psar below price. To sell is the opposite....
[Deleted]
  The role of psychology in auto-trading  (78   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
In normal trading, psychology is very important. And first of all, it is very important for us to know ourselves. First of all, your risk tolerance. How much loss are you willing to tolerate? How much money are you willing to risk in a single transaction. At first glance it may seem to make little
Hello, Is there a kind soul out there that can help me with getting this EA working? I found this indicator (ABC.mq4) on a forum and would like to make a EA out of it, a friend of mine tried to make one but it dosent work (ABC EA.mq4). The indicator is really simple it signals buy/sell...
Hi i'm new to MQL5 , how does one add and withdraw money to the MT5 account. Thankin you in advance k
  MT4 Apps  (1)
Hello to all the MT5 Apps programmers, Just a simple question: Are there any MT4 Apps? Please contact me via mail: mziv@cmtrading.com thank u all
Which are, according to you guys, the best Tablets that support MT5 and MQL5? By "best", I mainly refer to their internet connectivity (such as 4g) and to their Battery Life (Less than 7 hours would be a little bit bad). So far, the Surface Windows would be the only one that would be perfect for...
  Agents PR  (1)
It has been my observation that an Agent with a higher PR rating receives more jobs there for has a higher earning potential. Am I correct in assuming this? Thanks, Doug
A question to MQL5 language creators - what is a purpose of a following property? When should it be used? Any examples really appreciated. SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL Distance to freeze trade operations in points int Regards, Pawel W.
Hello everybody, This is my attempt to make the installation and use the OPEN POSITIONS interface as user-friendly as possible. For those who are unfamiliar with the interface, it helps you to open positions using elements of money management. This tool can be use only with MT5(MetaTrader5) platform...
Please see the next thread for the other indicators.
I used indicator with other priod not current period,but no data received,why and how? void OnInit () { .... Ext1Handle= iCustom ( NULL , PERIOD_CURRENT , "xxxx" ,SlowEMA1); Ext2Handle= iCustom ( NULL , PERIOD_M5 , "xxxx" ,SlowEMA1); Ext3Handle= iCustom ( NULL , PERIOD_M15 , "xxxx" ,SlowEMA1);
2012-09-14 00:12 GMT On USD/JPY intervention watch today - Westpac According to Sean Callow, senior currency strategist at Westpac: "Some support came from NY traders telling news wires that the Bank of Japan had checked prices. We also heard an anonymous Japanese govt official deeming post-FOMC yen...
Hi, where can I get the Programming Language Specification for MQL5 ? Thank You
  On the cloud  (4)
What all prevents a computer from connecting to the cloud? Amount of ram? CPU type? CPU speed? Hard drive space? Thanks