Requesting your advice

Hey guys,

I'm looking for your advice. I'm trying to make an EA and I have for it some statistical results that at the first view look fine. So I ll tell you a few things about it and maybe you can give me a hint on how to do the EA productive.

So basicly I have found a setup that says that in 70% of the situations If I risk X pips, I will win AT LEAST X pips including the spread. I don't have a rule for stop, though.

How should I approach this ? My idea was to start with N lots, half it when the transaction can be considered  free and let it run till some point... Not sure if this is a good idea.

What you guys think ? 

Thanks in advance. 

cheinvest:

Hey guys,

I'm looking for your advice. I'm trying to make an EA and I have for it some statistical results that at the first view look fine. So I ll tell you a few things about it and maybe you can give me a hint on how to do the EA productive.

So basicly I have found a setup that says that in 70% of the situations If I risk X pips, I will win AT LEAST X pips including the spread. I don't have a rule for stop, though.

How should I approach this ? My idea was to start with N lots, half it when the transaction can be considered  free and let it run till some point... Not sure if this is a good idea.

What you guys think ? 

A Win Rate of 70% on it's own is meaningless . . .  an EA that trades randomly can be made to have a Win Rate of 95% and it will not consistently make money.  You need to look at the combination of WR and Risk:Reward.  

cheinvest:

Hey guys,

What you guys think ? 

Thanks in advance. 

This is a good idea if your trade goes in profit, but you have to set a stoploss for other case. It depends of your setup to know which stoploss to set.

Absolutely.

I know where the entry will be, I know where the SL will be and I know that in 70%+ cases will go at least what I risk.

I guess I ll with my original idea.

Cheers and thanks

cheinvest:

Absolutely.

I know where the entry will be, I know where the SL will be and I know that in 70%+ cases will go at least what I risk.

I guess I ll with my original idea.

Cheers and thanks

Ok let us know your results ;-)
Reason: