Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 261

hello mql engineers, I compiled a code with newest version of MT4, when load it it report "is not a script" this source code is writtern last month, and compiled no problem and works well with last month' updated mt4, today,  I download new version MT4, and compiled it , still no problem without any...
Hi, I have written an EA which gives me really good results when I optimise it over a six month period - supposedly the best results are like 35-40% profit. However, when I select the 'best' set of parameters (I choose the highest profit), and then run those as a single backtest on the same currency...
Hi, For netting account, whats the best approach to close positions when the lotsize position is higher than symbol max lot? Any know routine for this?
I have a ex4 file, is possible to guess its strategy and redo it in a new robot? Thanks
Hi, i have bought an EA in a website, but the suscription is for one year. Can anyone copy this EA code and do a new one exactly the same but without limited license? Thanks!
hello to all I'm serching for italians expert in mql5. thank you
Hello everybody, im trying to sum the total loss of the closed orders that closes on LOSS , i tried as much as i can, here is what i got : double TOTAL_LOSSES()     {      double pr_2=0;      for( i=OrdersHistoryTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)      {       if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY))...
hiya, The day before yesterday a regular Windows 10 update was done on my PC. After that none of the MT4 Expert Advisors that were on my PC could be loaded to a chart anymore. Those EAs for which an update was pending could be kicked into working again by clicking "update" in the market tab. What...
Hi everyone, i want gave 10 tried or more but all is open tried1 0.01 lot tried2 0.02 lot tried3 0.03 lot tried4 0.04 lot tried5 ... for this cod open all order in Pendbuy() in 1 price. i don't want this....
Hi, I have two accounts, one VPS, one purchased EA with 5 activations and I'd like to use the EA on both accounts. How would the setup be for MT4? 1. Install MT4 into dir1 2. Install MT4 into dir2 3. Login to mql5 with both installations  4. Login the accounts (dir1-->account1, 2-->2) 5. Install EA...
Hi, I'm a bit new to MT5 & Tester. I'm running a backtest in 'Every Tick Real' mode, and MT5 is downloading data. Give I've selected 5 years of data, so the data's pretty big. However, from observation(See screenshot below), it seems that MT5 is just downloading data, and copying them twice....
MetaEditor kind of works,  but I can't refactor symbols, also have hard times with auto complete static members, etc.  So far I tried Visual Studio Code, but it still parses code mostly as text, instead of symbols.
Hello all, I have recently written an indicator that uses a custom DLL written in C++ and uses MySQL Connector/C++ 8.0 to connect to a database for authentication. I was able to get the DLL to load on my own PC as well as another client's, but I am unable to load it on my Virtual Private Server...
Hi, I am looking to build a dashboard so that I can view some specific conditions on all of the 28 currency pairs I track. The basic logic for the conditions I have figured out and run them separately on each pairs chart. The problem I have is that I want the info displayed on one chart.  I want to...
Is there a way to retrieve the current time frame in minutes with an EA?  I tried using PERIOD_CURRENT but it only returns zero.
Hello, every one! I try to use the standard library to write a trail stop loss function. But it fail in test, some order can't be modify, it return a invalid stop error message, and the error code is 4756. Hope someone can help to check it. Thank you. //---classCSymbolInfo mySymbol;CPositionInfo...
hello dear programmers i have an MT4 EA that its backtestingspeed is good at 1st but after a while its speed is too slow. what is the problem. i am backtesting that in D1 timeframe. is that from my broker or my EA or what? thank you
hi every one my question is that, assuming that there are two ways to write a Boolean script, which way is faster (makes the EA backtest/optimization faster)? bool a,b,c; a=true; c=(a big an complicated formula that only needs to be tested when a==false); method 1-        if(!a) {b=C;} method...
I've searched around but didn't get any specific answer. I would like to know is there is an mql4 news server or something that can be accessed in an EA. The main reason I want something like this is to prevent my EA from opening trades during high volatility news releases. If this can be done, how...
Hi everyone! i saw some topic like this without any answer and i made this topic to find at least one answer i used this code for send a simple order MqlTradeRequest request={0};    MqlTradeResult  result={0};       request.symbol = _Symbol;                                            request...
Hi I'm using the 2093 build and I'm having problem with custom symbols. I import the M1 bars as requested and if a start a backtest all works fine, but as soon as I restart the platform and try to start another backtest on the same custom symbol the deal/order are just the same but the balance do...
i want get order properties at history  mq5 and select position. see picture. i'm sorry.i use english very bad. Thank you.
Hi,Many EA  Expert suppliers advertise free or demo versions that can be downloaded for demo purposes before buying. However, I cannot locate any active buttons to download the software. Can anyone advice?
Hello, I´m subscribed to a signal which i have synchonized in a virtual server. All works fine except that sometimes when virtual server receives a trading order from signal i got this error: 2016.08.11 09:29:55.221 : Signal - #52219093 buy 0.60 EURUSDX at 1.11438 tp: 1.12517 skipped as no...
Sometimes I run EA's from my home computer but when I am away from home I may want to let the EA run or deactivate it.  Does anyone know how I could do this?
  CSpinEdit Class  (10)
How to get a text value of the SpinEdit after the text has been modified by the user? The documentation don't provide any function for that.
There is 'Reliability' measurement in Signals. How is it measured?
Hi Is it important to insure the pairs the signal is trading are in the market watch before moving the signal to a VPS (Navigator > Register a virtual server)?
Alguém tem uma EA média móvel apenas, onde eu posso usar como parâmetros de negociação o cruzamento do gráfico de preços com a média móvel simples de 10 períodos