Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 254

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, Im wondering if the mt5 terminal has a better trading context behavour; in mt4 sometimes takes too long to close multiple trades at the same time, I have little experience with mt5, so I was wondering if this issue has been improved over mt4. Regards
Hi Guys, Why did not assign value to these parameters (double price,sl,tp) in the functions CheckOpenLong() and CheckOpenShort? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Expert.mqh | //|...
Hi, I'm looking to write a function that returns the number of periods (in terms of the _Period) between two datetimes. Right now I can't figure out how to interpret the result of _Period or GetPeriod because I've only used it to pass in to other functions. Would be awesome if someone could advise...
Hi, How can i open a new sub windows from expert advisor I found the command to open new chart but not sub windows. BR chatnis.
In MT5 when you start the terminal with the configuration file command line: terminal.exe /config:FileName.ini a script or an expert advisor loads which is specified in the section of INI file such as: [StartUp]Script=ScriptNameExpert=ExpertNameSymbol=EURUSDPeriod=M15 In this case, if the...
Hi, I am looking for a reliable way to know why OnTrade() iscalled: 1.      How do I know (forparticular call of OnTrade()) what list is changed (orders, deals, etc)? 2.      How do I know which entrywas added, removed or updated? Is...
While installing mt5setup.exe; the setup could NOT download the files, the error is: FAILED TO CONNECT TO UPLOAD SERVER: Pls, what can I do further??
Hi, While looking through the code generated by the EA Wizard, I came across several variable declarations in this style: CSignalCrossMA *signal=new CSignalCrossMA; .... CMoneyFixedMargin *money=new CMoneyFixedMargin; ... I'm a Java (and a bit of Ruby) developer by profession so I roughly...
Is there a way that we can check the 1minute data integrity of the EURUSD & GBPUSD? If the provided data is corrupted, then we will get false results from our backtesting.
I miss some thinks: 1. backtest in visual mode 2. overwiev from the orders history 3. a equity grahp during backtest are this thinks not avaible in mt5 or come they later?
Hi I'm wanting to make a MACD histogram indicator where the bars are either thick or thin depending. I've found how to do multiple colors but not multiple widths. Help?
Hi, I wrote a custom indicator to use in an EA, but the stupid thing won't load and I can't figure out why. I've attached its code if you want to help :D Oh, it seems it only happens in the strategy tester, I get the error "Expert removed because indicator 43 cannot load [4802]" #property...
I'm almost embarrassed asking this seemingly trivial question, as I am an experienced programmer, however the answer has evaded me for over a week now. I am trying to get to the bottom of an EA of mine, and I was wanting to plot some graphics objects on the chart where I'm running the EA. I'm...
Hello everybody, first of all sorry for my poor English. My name is Lucas and I'm a programmer and I want start to make some EAs. Searching in google I found that metatrader and mql are the current leaders in automated trading market but with the recent launch of metatrader 5/mql5 and the well...
Hi, simple question, I'm wondering if its possible to have a test automatically reset the principle each year, or just to queue up multiple testing runs. I'm trying to do a take-one test set to finish optimizing a model without picking a 'lucky' value set with some ridiculous SL and TP. Anyone know...
I run my expert and indicators in GBPUSD , some time all chart in MT cannot show correctly, please review the picture, what is the error ? how to slove it? thanks in advance. hongbin.fei
I just sell GBPUSD, try test the code for modify stoploss, bool Robot::ModifyPosition()  {   bool res=false; if(m_position.Select(Symbol()))        { if(m_position...
Hi all !! next code is just a sample to check deal history. Backtesting an Ea including this code should Print "magic ok", but journal shows both "magic ok" and "magic". Hmm... so whats wrong ?  void DealMagicTest()   {   uint total=0;   long ticket;   long magic;   HistorySelect(0,TimeCurrent());...
hi People . I got a doubt which corrodes me . As everyone here , I am making a suposedly ingenious EA , able to trade signals , buy low and sell high .. . ok. If anyone would really be able to make an EA that returns 50.000% p.a ... what is the entire point of entering the...
when we open the MT5 client, there are prompt word:"waiting to update" , I want let my robot running after synchronized with server, can I use this code? void OnTimer()  { if(SymbolIsSynchronized(_Symbol))      CuteRobot.Processing();  }
Hello there I’m looking for a reliable list of forex Holidays for 2010and 2011. The intention is not to open any position during holidays onmy back testing and expert advisors. I’ve been dealing with lists I found on the web and asresult I got my brain melted. This are the best lists you can...
Hello, is it possible to make such a backtest, for exampel you create a EA wich trade with signals from Macd indicator, now you want to make a backtest where the EA trade at same time 10 different currencys with one account deposit, is that possible such a backtest with metatrader 5?
Hi Wondering if there is a way to get information such as high / low / open etc for time periods shorter than 1 minute, preferably ten seconds. Would be great if I could find a way to put this information in arrays as it is for the standard timeperiods. I've looked around and cant seem to find...
Hello, I get mad becouse of this problem. Please look at my OnTick() f-ion: void OnTick()  {//---        prepareData(); if(orders()==0)        { gX=0;//gX is a global int variable...
The attached indicator draws either a bullish (green) or bearish (red) support or resistence rectangle under or above the price. This is the time to enter a position either long or short. It is very accurate from what I've read it's at least 70% accurate. In my experience it's a lot better than that...
Hi, I worked on MT4 automatic trading, and I work now on MT5. And, I've a problem with my automatic trading operations. On MT4, you can open a buying order without closing a previous opened selling order... You must close the order with OrderClose(...). But, on MT5, if you have an opened selling...
Hi, I wrote an EA that works off of tick data. It works like I want when I run it, but when I try it in the strategy tester I just get a bunch of zeros for the results.  I've attached it, it's a simple little percentile EA. Please take a look at it and let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Hello, When I start the strategy tester, Metatrader downloads the history. However, I noticed that after 3 months backward, I get less bars and my tests become totally inaccurate. So I was wondering, do anyone know how I can fix this problem, or import my own history from external files? By the...
Hi Coders! Does anybody know, that will be available the MetaTrader5 for backtest on tick database? Now, we still can't import datas to MT5 history. Later, we are going to can. But will be available import tick database too? Thank you. Relative
I have a developer here who is going to create an EA for me for MT4, but I am quite new to getting it set up. I sent him a zip archive including MT4 template, indicator, requirements, screen shots etc, but he said I needed to publish the zip archive at the MQL5 website. I am unable to find an area...