Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 255

I did run this script to check: if (! AccountInfoInteger ( ACCOUNT_TRADE_EXPERT )) Alert ("Automated trading is forbidden for the account ", AccountInfoInteger ( ACCOUNT_LOGIN ), " at the trade server side"); and got no error message. When the EA detects an Open position, (in demo) it
Hello, I am trying to set initial stop at 3 times current ATR. I want to get current ATR with: input double ATRHandle = iATR ( _Symbol , PERIOD_CURRENT , 14 ); and use it like this: input double Signal_StopLevel = 3 *ATRHandle; But I get "constant
I'm trying to build my first EA and honestly i'm mostly using copy and paste but i cannot see why this is not working the way i want it to. The idea is to move my stop loss up to the Low or High of the candle with a shift of 2 but once its placed it should not move back. In this example i have a Buy...
I am using MQL4 4.00 build1170 (20/dec/2018). When I am using "strict" mode (#property strict) in a EA to generate an ex4 file, I found this ex4 file has some problem: The name of the external variables will not be shown; instead, it is showing the comments following that external variable. For
Hello, I have an Expert Advisor which is using different external Indicators. Now I have seen that it's just possible to sell an EA in the MQL Market as one ex4 file. So it's not possible to attach external Indicators. What i the easiest way to implement the external Indicators in to the EA ex4...
Hi,  Is there any convertor or other "simple" way to convert an MT4 EA to MT5 EA? I got the ex4 and mq4 file.. I couldn`t find any proper info on the internet, so I guess, its not very easy.. Thanks..
Hello guys, I start by admiting I am a noob in coding, I only recently begun to understand some basics and I try to build my own EA for testings, gathering parts of code from all the library from many EAs out there However I am stuck at this thing that I can't find anywhere any code: I want to...
Hello Everybody, I used "DT Oscillator" in my EA by iCustom Function, But when I backtest, the error shows that "DT Oscillator EURUSD.I,H1: incorrect start position 1057 for ArrayMaximum function", How can I fix it? DT Oscillator indicator is attached. Thanks
Hello There ; I've developed an EA to one client when he sent me yesterday night very strange screenshot. The problem as the trading history shows "Live" , there were orders which had invalid take profit level " The TP was lower than order price for buy and the TP was Higher than open for sell" ....
Hi, Have subscribed to 2 signals on different accounts. One worked fine, with the second though there seems to be an issue with the mapping (EURUSDs for example), see below. From advice in the other forum, have made sure the symbols are in the MarketWatch window, that trading is enabled etc. There
Hi guys, I had trouble programming and finding errors in my EA when the called Indicator is functioning correctly. Upon examining hours, I discovered that when I run my EA in Tester (and calling the Indicator for inputs), the rates_total printed is around 300++ only. I used Daily Bars for 3 days...
Backtesting using Every Tick and 1 min OHLC yield very different result. Would it be possible to perform the StopLoss() function at 1 min OHLC intervals even when Backtesting Every Tick?
I am trying to launch the Strategy Tester from a command line. I am using the steps indicated in the Client Terminal help, section Tools-Configuration at Startup. I created a ma0.ini file as in the help example, I placed it in the terminal \config folder and a the ma0.set in...
Hello my friends, Could you please help me to make this code better. I succeeded at building a Menu for my EA that help me to view important information. the Menu look like this: I want to add a rectangle frame to the background so it will look like this: Here is the code of the Menu: //===Choose
Hi, I have an EA working but I cannot seem to find a way to do the following: 1. Only have one trade at all times 2. When the stop loss is hit, wait for the MACD indicator to cross 0 Any advice/help would be amazing, I've been trying to find a way for weeks! All the best, Martin
Hello, please help me with this. Let's say I'm in H1 and I'd like to calculate the exact time of an intersection like that intsections[i].time = TimeCurrent() - ( shift * 3600) shift is the amount of periods (hours) the last intersection happened. I substract that amount of time in seconds from the...
Would appreciate the help!    if(IsTrade()==false)     {       if(adx3_1<adx2_1 && adx3>=adx2)       {          int closebuyticket = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,clrChartreuse);          Print("Buy Order Closed");       }          else;                 if((adx2<adx3 &&...
Hello, I have a problem coding my SL based on fractals. I took an EA existing on the net which works perfectly by putting SL on the opposite fractals when that way of calculate SL is set. I just invert Buy and Sell orders, but in this case it's always the maximum stop command which is used. The...
By seeing this video i made, someone with real futures trading experince can tell me if this strategy can works in a real account?: https://www.loom.com/share/791addec4b5e46a692f5ed27feb5cd90 I have no experience about order filling time, queue, etc... Thank you.
[Deleted]
i have a profitable trading system that uses a custom indicatior. i want this ea to sell in market. but i dont know how to incorporate the indicator code with ea, as well as i dont want the indicator to display on chart.
Hi, I've deposited funds in MQL5, subscribed to a signal, have my MT4 terminal open, but nothing happens. My signal provider has opened a trade which isn't opened on my account. Are there additional steps to be taken? Thanks
Hi, After running the following code block: if (!trade.PositionOpen( _Symbol , ORDER_TYPE_BUY ,size,openPrice, 0 , 0 ,RobotName+" "+timeframeToString( _Period )) || trade.ResultRetcode()!= TRADE_RETCODE_DONE ) { lastErrorMessage="Position open failed. Return code="+ IntegerToString
Hi, In compilation process of MT5 EA, I got "Code Generation Error" at Line 1 Column 1.  I have fixed other errors and warnings before this error.  I can't figure out where to fix. What are probable causes of this error ? I have been trying to convert an EA in MT4 which runs without errors to MT5. I...
Hi all, I want download NEWS via expert adviser in csv or json format, please suggest from which site I can download it via MQL5.
Hi, I am running MT5 on Ubuntu/Wine. I have 28 charts open with a EA attached (on a demo account). I noticed that my EA was missing good entry points, and I found that starting a single chart with EA on my Windows box would open the trade as expected. Further investigation seems to indicate that the...
hi is it  the expert advisor real in the back test ?? because i try some expert it will make money and no loss ?? is that real ??
I'm currently writing an EA that places a buy stop or sell stop (using Ctrade) and then sets the SL and TP once the pending order has been filled. I'm trying to use magic numbers to keep track of the trades placed by this EA so that when the orders are filled, the EA only updates the SL and TP of...
I want to copy and save the highest value of the last 5 bars.I want to use this value in later calculations, so I don't want the value to recalculate as bars change . How do I do that
How do I get the total commissions of multiple open positions? How do I go through all the open positions and adding them up? Thanks!
Hi, I'm porting my mq4 program to mq5 and I face compilation issues, not sure what variable expected here as I'm already passing str variable for StringSubst.     const string str=NewsArr[0][nomf];    string time=StringConcatenate(StringSubstr (str,0,4),"."...