Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 264

Having become quite frustrated with MT5 builds 2006 and 2007, I decided to create a reproducible case using MQL example code (Moving Averages EA) for illustrating the problems with the optimiser and test run environment. I welcome others to reproduce these tests and establish any patterns that can...
Does the tool re invest earned money? For example: I test an EA with an initial investment of $5000, in a month it makes $1000. In the next month it will trade with $6000 right? If not, how do I configure the EA to do re invest?
Hi all, I'm looking for a good technique which can extract the daily returns of a trade history on the backtester of an EA. Would anyone be able to direct me to the best way to do this? Cheers and thank you for looking at this thread!
  Which are most suitable functions to use for detect a breakout ? 
Dear sirs,   please look following and if can advice me :   I shall want to stop and enable trade from code:   extern bool trademode=true;   if(trademode)    // option to enable trading through if statement { OrderSend... }              // option to stop trading which shall be ?  if(!IsStopped)...
Hi there! Trying to optmize some parameters here. After some time, the optimization seems to stop even the agents are ready and a lot of work to be done yet. I tried to disable the agents, enable them again. Nothing. Someone has any idea about this behavior and how to resume the optmization? Thank...
Hi,  i've implmented a library "xx" with the following content: #property library#property copyright "Copyright 2013, Mario Semper"#property link      "http://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1.00"int getInt(void) export {   return 11;} now, i would like to use this library in a EA: #import "xx...
  How draw Line  (1)
Hello good day, i am trying draw line in the windows chart with the class CCanvas, want connect two points for one line, how follow: CCanvas        miLineaUp; atrhighVal[2]=maVal[2]+atrVal[2]*2.5;   // EMA(21) + ATR(14)*2.5 atrhighVal[1]=maVal[1]+atrVal[1]*2.5;   // EMA(21) + ATR(14)*2.5...
Hello I'm developing a simple EMA Cross EA (default = classic 200/50 EMA cross). I'm looking to create filters across all TFs so EA only takes trades when these conditions are met (true/false options). So - M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, Weekly, Monthly. Fore example - I'm trading the M15 chart for a
Is there a command which can forcefully stop a runthrough of a backtest or optimization pass from within the EA code? Also, in MT4 there is an auxiliary list of optimization parameters for the inputs which will stop an optimization pass if a value is exceed. For example, maximum % drawdown can be...
The agents never stop Model value is set to "0" (Every tick) See Screenshot attached Thanks
With automatically generated mql5,  cannot have multiple positions at the same time. Is there a way to open many position by rewriting somewhere? It would be greatly appreciated if you could explain the details.
Does anyone know this issue? Could not find anything about it. 1. Clicking the magnifying glass button changes the zoom, but the chart will update only when a new tick comes in. This means, during weekends never, and during low frequent trading hours simply too late. 2. Comparing the simple Controls
Are these the result of limited access to some of the DOMinfo? Do you recognize this error and the possible cause, and solution?   2019.03.01 19:25:58.056               Books    invalid bookitem[USDJPY,sell,111.96100,-100000000] 2019.03.01 19:31:28.681               Books    invalid bookitem[NZDUSD...
[Deleted]
Hello,i've written a dll to upload file via webrequest for testing porpuses. The dll is working fine when the url is LOCALHOST and i can see the uploaded data in my server folder. When i change the link to test an api,using the same code,but changing only the URL i get :   my mql5 code is simple:...
Hi. I am trying to add delay between 2 trades after a loss trade without use sleep(). How can I do this? ex: wait 60 second for open a new trade after a lost trade
Hi, I am new to trading and want to copy a signal. My question is: If I have 100$ on my account, and the signal deliverer has lets say 1000$, will then all transactions be copied in a percentage alloquate way?! Mean, if his trade size is 0.1 lot, will mine be then 0.01?! What if a size that the
Hello everybody, I made an EA that analyze some symbols and need time for run one complete, As we know, start() function run every tick price, but when new tick data comes, EA process repeat and EA can't run completely, How can solve this problem? 
Hello everyone. I need some help if (OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)== true)       {     OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice, Bid,0,0,0);   } I don't know why I get this error, which is: 'OrderOpenPrice'  - Undeclared Identifier. Thanks.
Hi All, I am not currently programming my own EA's or Utilities, but I want to know if the following is possible: For risk management purposes, I want to be able to aggregate all my exposures to each currency pair across all of my different trading accounts. Is it possible to program an EA/Utility...
Hello everyone! I need help :) How to implement this to an advisor. If ( 5 minutes have passed since the last position was opened )   Do this  Else    Dont Thanks for your interest.
Hi, I purchased an EA and the settings are as in attached. Seller of this EA is not responding for more than a month so i couldnt clarify. I want the EA not to open new trades if the no of trades reached 5 for a particular pair (EURUSD). Is the relevant parameter available in the settings list which
I would like to change an input variable value within the EA and show its changes value in the EA input mask. If a define a variable like a  extern int myvar = 0; then I can change its value myvar += 1; but when I reopen the input mask I got the same 0 value. Is that correct? I would like to show...
I am currently testing an EA which I have converted from MQL4 code to new MQL5 code. Things generally work but the lot size calculation (based on a fixed risk percentage) is off: double subGetLotSize (const string sSymbol, const double dRiskPercent, const bool bAccountIsMicro=false)...
Hi I need to read the first number from a file. The number is formatted in the file like this: 0.000000000000000000e+00 I don't want the program to take anything into account other than the first number (the first 0). My current code is: int ReadReceived()   {   int filehandle=FileOpen("modelout...
I purchased a Candlestick pattern indicator on the MT5 Market. I would like to capture the signals coming from this indicator to process them in an expert advisor but I could not read the data from the buffer. The signal appears as text on a specific candle, here is an example: I tried to contact...
  sar1=sar2  (2)
Hello, I need to change in my mq5 file one part of code. I have: sar_one[1]>sar_two[1] would like to test it with sar_one[1]=sar_two[1] Can it be done? Thanks
Hi all,I have a problem when i make a screenshot in mt5 from ea, into screenshot don't appear label,label BMP. How can i do to fix this? Thanks
I dont know if this is the proper way of indexing the OnCalculate() standard arrays (see image). Thks
I have rented a virtual hosting server from MQ5.  I have several automated programs running on this server. That morning 2 positions where not closed even tho i have the right settings. I contacted the maker of the EA and he stated that the only problem is on the VPS. I added 2 screenshots aswell....