Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 257

While running in strategy tester my EA generates a few chart objects. But if I try to save the chart objects into a template it doesn't create the template file. void OnDeinit(const int reason)  {   ResetLastError();   if(!ChartSaveTemplate(ChartID(),"lasttest")) Print("ChartSaveTemplate error: "...
Hey guys, I wrote down a complicated Expert advisor that uses many custom include files that I also coded. I wan't to send the .ex4 to a college, the problem is that right now I should also send the include files, and most of the brain of my expert advisor is on this include files. how can I protect...
Hello guys ! i have this silly question . I want to integrate a new EA on my vps server without having to integrate all the experts already working on the VPS . Should i close the chart with the EA's working and left just the one chart with the expert that i want to integrate ? whats the way...
Can we call a script from an EA? Thanks!
I'm using Quant Data Manager to improt ticks, but have to make custom symbols. Unfortunately the EA I am backtesting only likes default GBPUSD etc. How do I trick it or disable the default symbols. I am backtesting https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/37410#!tab=tab_p_overview
Hello I have imported ticks data into my MT5 PLateform But do I also Have to import data in 1 minute time frame if I want to use my EA in 1 minute or does MT5 compile the ticks data so that the 1 minute is also computed ? If I have to import one minute data how can we do this because exporting tick
  What am I doing wrong?  (11   1 2)
hello forum, I am brand new with MetaEditor. I have been looking at some tutorials and I am making some progress. I can now get quite a lot done, except for one very important and basic thing... Making array works... What am I doing wrong... I keep getting the "array out of range code". only on my...
I created this function and as long as I do backtesting using [OHCL 1 MINUTE] it works correctly, but when I use [EVERY TICK] some error messages like the following appear (warning, not error): 2019.04.26 16: 00: 26.351 Core 1 EURUSD: 2017.06.05 00:01 - 2017.06.05 23:59 18 minute bars absent...
Hello traders, Someone has any idea why my backtest is showing results with and without profit factor information? By the way, the best results (looking for less DD) are without PF. Any idea???
I have this experimental forex ea of mine running for the last 10 months. The ea runs on accounts of two different brokers. A must. During the holidays end of last year the ea was running as usual. Checking the charts I noticed something worrisome many indications (and actions) were completely
Hello Experts! I'm coding an EA and have an issue, say I'm find EMA crossover, like EMA 5 crossing EMA 20 to buy and vice versa, but when I load the EA into a chart, it immediately opens an order based on the EMA5 being greater or lesser than EMA20. Ex: if (EMA5() >...
I have a code that scans all closed deals ( hedging ) in history but I want it to select the latest close deal. This code do//--- variables for returning values from latest deal  properties +++++++++++++++++++    ulong deal_ticket;            // deal ticket    ulong order_ticket;           // ticket...
I am working on an expert advisor. I've created a project in MetaEditor and working inside of it. When I push "Launch profile on history data" terminal always selects Moving Average advisor from Examples folder. Moreover, after this profiling launch every time I compile my project terminal selects...
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and to algo trading in general, so please be compliant if I say something wrong. I'm in the process of making an EA based on my personal trading strategy but I've a problem because usually I don't trade when there is too much volatility. I simply check the economic...
For any EA I test, MT5 does not update the input values. When I make a change it just resets when I change tabs. very frustrating.
Hi Experts, I use iStochastic function to check Main and Signal values and do something with them. but when i call the array, the error <array out of range> shown in the journal section. the code is here: int stoHandle;double mainLin[];double sigLin[]; ArraySetAsSeries(mainLin...
Hi, I have an indicator which shows the High and low of the first 2 candles of a week (4 hour chart). Need a simple EA which takes trade based on the break out of the high or low (closing basis). And in case if price goes against the initial Breakout, the EA must take an opposite trade with double
Hello I am a user of MT4 and just decided to use MT5 the problem is that in MT5, when trying to modify parameters in the input tab when I switch to an other tab and come back to the input tab all the parmaters are systematically reinitialized... How can we sort this out? Thank you very much for your
Im still learning alot regarding mt4 programming Basically saw the idea regarding correlation and bolligner bands Buy on the EUR/USD if price is below the middle line (20SMA) of the bands on the EUR/USD pair and price as crossed and closed below the lower band on the USDCHF pair Sell on the EUR/USD
Hi guys, I'm developinga Expert Advisor based, partially, on the volume of BUY and SELL deals for thelast minutes, to identify price trends. Unfortunately I'm not being able toperform back testing since CopyTicksRange()do not provide the flag field withvalue of TICK_FLAG_BID and/or TICK_FLAG_ASK. My...
Hello guys, I've a multi-currency EA that use the open of daily candle for some calclations. I've coded it as  SymbolSelect(oSy,true);Sleep(1000);RefreshRates();iOpen(oSy,PERIOD_D1,0) Most of times the value obtained from iOpen is right, but sometimes occurs that value is wrong and it is taken from...
Hi all, I hope you are well. I have a question. I wonder how we can insert our EA into the mql5.com market if we use an extarnal indicator. I want to insert my EA in to the market however, I use an external indicator. Is this a problem?
Hello everyone, I am a beginner in coding and with the MT5 language. I'm trying to develop a slightly evolved EA. I already managed to perform basic functions but now I am stuck. My problems are: In the OnTick function () I check the position opening condition four times, at defined times...
I want to create an EA after making buylimit1 when buylimit1 success, it will execute buylimit2
Good day I need some help please. I am writing an EA and need to code the following: -Highest of 0 - 10 bars  > Highest of 10-20 bars - RSI of highest bar of 0 - 10   <   RSI of highest of 10 - 20 I have; int high10 = iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_OPEN, 10,0); int high20 = iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_OPEN, 20,0);...
this code works when I use [OHCL 1 minute] in the strategy tester, but when I use [every tick] it stops working and some positions remain open for ( int conta= PositionsTotal ()- 1 ; conta>= 0 ; conta--)        {         string symbol= PositionGetSymbol (conta);         ulong PositionTicket=(...
Hey everybody! I would like to share the following pain... I have a custom signal (inherited from CExpertSignal, based on Heiken Ashi candles) and EA based on this signal. The signal works fine, but it's not always displayed on the Strategy Tester chart... The problem is that it's displayed randomly...
Hello All, I could use some assistance with some code I have written. Basically I am trying to calculate consecutive days of rise or fall. The issue I am running into is the count isn't correct, it will start off at 0, now lets say its a bullish day it will increment by 1, the next day stays within...
Hello guys, can you tell me how I can pass the result of an indicator to an ea? HPFZ_statistica is the indicator, I have to pass the value of the PronosticoFinale[MaxValue], in the expert advisor HPFZ_1. p.s. At line 161 HPFZ_Statistica indicator is the value to be passed in the EA.
if((iMA(NULL,0,89,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_OPEN,0)>Bid))     {         result1=OrderSend( Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,                    //--------------Order 1                           SL1,                           TP1,                           Comment,MagicNumber,0...