Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 265

Hi, I'm trying to change the server on some VPS from Server 14 to Server 4, but it doesn't work. The Server switches to Server 4 as soon as I press "OK", but then after 1 minute it goes back to Server 14. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks
tmSignal();   if (buy()&& (Bid>=RUDuentry && Bid<RUDutp1-min_distance*_Point && RUDuentry>0 && RUDutp1>0 && tmTrade==1 /*&& (dotsBuy<atrproju) && (dotsBT1<drangeh)*/))   {         OrderEntry(0,RUDutp1,RUDdentry);      }      if (sell() && (Bid<=RUDdentry && Bid>RUDdtp1+min_distance*_Point &&...
Hello, Can anyone help please? My expert advisors are not working. Let's take for example moving average , i attached it to the chart, it says initialized, i even get that smiley face on the top right corner, but it just doesn't show anything on the charts. It's the same with all my EA. There are no
Hi , I have an issue, I am taking tick volume data and getting percent rates. The problem is that when i take the bullish and bearish tick data(both much above 0) and divide them and after that *100 , i get 0. I printed out everything and i find no logical reason for that. The data is taken with the...
Hello Everyone, Been testing many EA's and some give same results as live accounts and some are totally different. Here are the questions for those long time traders and coders. Could EA here in MQL5 be trusted?If not, how do we avoid this? And why do MQL5 allow this? Do MQL5 screen sellers and...
Hello, I was wondering whether anybody could help with something that's really beginning to wind me up... Whenever I backtest an EA the system runs it, however no results pull through. In the journal it says "failed to open a short/long position" many times over. Admittedly my level of experience...
Hello, Can someone help me with my EA that I am building?  There is one piece that I am unable to understand.  Currently my EA opens the trade as soon as my EMAs cross.  But I only want the trade to open if the EMAs are confirmed at the candle close, along with my other criteria.  I've seen others...
Hi! I want to execute/modify orders by reading a txt file which specified the SL, TP and EP. Is it possible to do so?
Hello, I've finally write an ea multipair for MT5 (5 pairs). But when I launch a BT with "Every tick" model I see that the local agent is used only for 0.2%. Obviously the BT is dramatically slow. I've always supposed that MT5 is about a joke, and I would like to know if this behaviour is normal in...
Hello. In my EA I use comments to identify my orders. However when I partially close an order, it seems, that it closes the old order and opens new order with the remaining lot size, but the comment is no longer there. Is there a way how to carry on the comment when partially closing an order?
After a week I still have not been able to get my EA produce an entry in VPS mode. The EA is working OK Live on my computer. The journal stipulates that the migrations looks very much OK, as long as I can understand it. But THEN nothing, no signals. I have no DLL-boxes ticked or no need for it in...
Hello I recently subscribed to a signal provider and have it all set up in MT4. I've checked the journal and noticed signals are being "skipped" because "no symbol found". For example, a buy order on EURUSD. My broker lists each symbol with .r suffix, e.g. EURSUD.r. Is this the problem? How do i fix
I'm newbie. Please help. If no trade (1st condition) BUY Should be open by default (Default SL 10 pips, Default TP 10 PIPS), 0.01 lot size 2nd condition)SELL STOP pending order should be open simultaneously at SL price of Open order with 0.03 lot size (3 times of Opened order lot size, 3*0.01=0.03)...
I'm pretty sure I saw an EA a while ago (probably a year ago). I think it was a free EA. It checked the account and closed trades that were in a loss, but at the same time closing one that was in profit with around the same amount. So, if I had one trade with -10$ then it would close another trade...
I'm studying OOP and I've come across the following problem. I use a class based on CAppDialog to build the interface. CDialog -> CAppDialog -> CfxwAppDialog. I want to change the appearance of the m_caption element. The m_caption element and the CreateCaption method belong to the CDialog class and...
Can I run 2 signals from the same PC?  I share my laptop with my brother and he wants to use signals, is it possible for him to open his account and run it at the same time as mine in the same device? Thanks, 
Hi all, I have an EA. It runs on 5 currencies (eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf, usdcad, and, audusd). When the EA has a trade or sometimes trades on a currency forexample on eurusd, it must not open trades on the other currencies. How can I code that? Best. Or, How can I manage total trades for above...
  Import External files to MT5  (14   1 2)
Hello, Is it possible to import an external data file(csv or excel for example) to MT5?  Let's say that I have csv file with data about some symbol and I want to Import it to work with it on the strategy tester, is it possible? Thank you, Yu.
Hi all, I have just seen that some EAs on the signal opens second  trade when it has an opned trade. Forexample, An EA has EURUSD buy at 02:30. It sometimes opens second trade as EURUSD buy at 02:35 altough its first trade is open. Why?
Hey Guys   Is there a function for an EA that gets triggered when a profit target is hit for a certain position? I can't find one :(   Thanks for  helping me out :)
hello everybody, if i have more then 1 sell orders opened, i want to set TakeProfit for all sell orders except the highest one, any idea how can i do that? below is my code but it failed aswell ... double highest(int op)   {    double c=0;    for (int cnt=0; cnt<OrdersTotal(); cnt++)      {...
Hi everyone I rent a server with MT5 and i migrated chart and EA on that. One of the product that i trade expire every month and i need to realod EA monthly. My question is easy: If i reload ONLY the EA for this product, i need to reload the others? (the others are FX and didn't expire) Thx to all
Hello Community, has anyone else experienced that the Chart options Fixed Maximum and Fixed Minimum are not working at all? Regardless what values I put, after closing and reopening the Option panel, the set values are gone and replaced by the current visible min and max seen in the chart. This...
I am having problem with Comment Blocks being inserted into the code every time I compile. It appears to happen after For Loops. else statements, and other random locations. Using MetaEditor Version 5.00 Build 1384, in  MetaTrader 4, Build 1010. Is there a way to prevent it? 
The code below is a simple (simple) moving average cross coupled with a pinbar, and yet im failing to get results on the strategy tester! Please help... string Symb=Symbol();                       // Security name//--------------------------------------------------------------- 2 --int...
I want to sell signals. Do I need to hire VPS?
Hi, Since the beginning of the week, the Trades copy of the signal that I paid for does not work while the subscription to the signal and the VPS is ok. What’s the matter ? Is there an opportunity to recover the lost money ?
Hi, do i need to keep my trading account open if i use metatrader vps?
Hi there just noticed that :     double rates[];   printf("**** Rates : %g",CopyClose("EURUSD",PERIOD_M1,0,1440,rates)); ... as a script returned :  2019.02.15 13:22:07.867 Test (USDJPY,M1)        **** Rates : 1440 ... as a service returned :  2019.02.15 13:23:53.451 Data    **** Rates : -1 Same...
Hi. I have an EA that calculates lot size based on account balance and other static variables. My question is: The lot size of subscriber will be calculated the same way based on it's account balance and these static variables?