What will be the effect of AI?

What do you think will be in the future the effect on markets and on the "trading world" of the use by institutions and retail traders of artificial intelligence in trading?

None.

Marco vd Heijden:
None.
Thank you for your answer. Why do you think that?

Buy&Sell nothing has ever changed.

Why do you think something will change ?

What will be the effect when all wars will be fought by robots? 

Well, technically, Marco is right. They are supposed to fight the same way, just more efficiently. But, something might change, about the attitude of people to wars and economy. But I'm not a prophet to say what will It be. if any.

Marco vd Heijden:

Buy&Sell nothing has ever changed.

Why do you think something will change ?

In reality I asked this because I don't know what could be the effect, and this because to me it's not clear what is the real potential of AI, and what would be the impact on markets of hypothetical very successful systems used by masses like could be AI systems in the future. So an implied question could be: what would happen if 90/95% of retail traders win? Would this be accepted by who rules the financial world?

Jox90:
In reality I asked this because I don't know what could be the effect, and this because to me it's not clear what is the real potential of AI, and what would be the impact on markets of hypothetical very successful systems used by masses like could be AI systems in the future. So an implied question could be: what would happen if 90/95% of retail traders win?

Funny question. I think you have confused ideas about who are the main trading actors and what are their characters and purposes in the general markets.

This is not going to happen and it sound more like a joke to be honest.

Carmine Pinto:

Funny question. I think you have confused ideas about who are the main trading actors and what are their characters and purposes in the general markets.

This is not going to happen and it sound more like a joke to be honest.

I have not confused ideas about these things, I have no ideas, that's why I'm asking...(if you had read this part: "I asked this because I don't know what could be the effect...")

I think instead that you are a quite impulsive person.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2009.10.09 08:43

Neural Network

Neural Network: discussion/development threads

1. Better NN EA development thread with indicators, pdf files and so on.
  2. Better NN EA final thread
  3. Neural Networks thread (good public discussion)
  4. How to build a NN-EA in MT4: usefull thread for developers.
  5. Radial Basis Network (RBN) - As Fit Filter For Price: the thread 

Neural Network: Indicators and systems development

1. Self-trained MA cross!: development thread for new generation of the indicators
  2. Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm: development thread

Neural Network: EAs

1. CyberiaTrader EA: discussion thread and EAs' thread.
  2. Self learning expert thread with EAs' files here.
  3. Artificial Intelligence EAs threads: How to "teach" and to use the AI ("neuron") EA thread and Artificial Intelligence thread
  4. Forex_NN_Expert EA and indicator thread.
  5. SpiNNaker - A Neural Network EA thread

Neural Network: The Books

1. What to read and where to learn about Machine Learning (10 free books) - the post.

The article

CodeBase

Jox90:

I have not confused ideas about these things, I have no ideas, that's why I'm asking...(if you had read this part: "I asked this because I don't know what could be the effect...")

I think instead that you are a quite impulsive person.

Well, you said once in another post that you were not a newbie in the trading arena but now you state that  "you asked this because you don't know what could be the effect..etc"

Even a child understand that markets have a couple of main purposes which are on one side speculative and on the other hand to cover some form of risk (i.e. Large Speculators and Commercials) these actors can literally drive the markets even through manipulation and other "trading art forms" to get best prices "when they want" and "when they can or need" surf a wave to speculate with or simply to cover their risks on physical assets for example.

Now you understand that when you write the "joke-scenario" where 90 to 95% of retail traders in the future could be winners through some form of A.I. some one could make a big fat laugh, right?

Who has got the big and fat capitals lead on the markets and not who have some "magical A.I." as you are supposing.

Volatility.

Reason: