Indicators with alerts/signal - page 364

Searching for 3 stochastic settings in one indicator

Hello fellow traders and Great programmers of this forum. I am in need of a stochastic indicator which has 3 stochastic settings in it so that I can set for overbought and oversold with popup and email alerts. Not sure if this exists or not but can't seem to find it and unfortunately I am not a programmer. The settings that I would like to have would be 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 with overbought being 90 and oversold being 10. Maybe someone could kindly make this indi for me if they have the time. I use this on the MT4 but with the stochastics overlayed on top of each other but I would have to periodically check my screen for trade possibilities. So please it would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

riki

mladen can you please add an alert to this indicator. When the lines are cross each other.

Files:

Do you have the original code of that indicator (the original source, that one is the decompiled version)

PS - never mind : it is an awesome oscillator with a "strange" signal line (signal line is made to use future values instead of past values for smoothing the line and the signal line will repaint) I suggest you forget about it (because of that repainting of the signal line) and use the awesome oscillator (here is a comparison of the awesome oscillator and the orinin line :

clon_tron:
mladen can you please add an alert to this indicator. When the lines are cross each other.
Files:
ao.gif  24 kb

greatworth

EvRation4 needs EVIndicator2011v8Noam. If I try to use EVIndicator2011v8.2Noam instead I am getting a straight line (0) so it seems that the 2 are not compatible. Can you upload the EVIndicator2011v8Noam? I would need to see what were the changes in order to make corrections (if needed)

greatworth:
mladen, wondering if you might be able to look at my post on the effective ratio on the last page. many thanks

effective ratio

mladen:
greatworth EvRation4 needs EVIndicator2011v8Noam. If I try to use EVIndicator2011v8.2Noam instead I am getting a straight line (0) so it seems that the 2 are not compatible. Can you upload the EVIndicator2011v8Noam? I would need to see what were the changes in order to make corrections (if needed)

I am getting confused between versions here, so am going to resort back to your latest version which you updated - found at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (v6).

However since then I believe we have tried to add 2 moving averages. Dependent upon whether the total, small or large volume has been chosen will denote for which the 2 moving averages are shown as external parameters. If you would be kind enough to add those back in for the working version.... for both the effective volume and effective ratio!

Otherwise I hope that it all makes sense. Again thanks for your help, let me know where to contribute later.

Post #3636

mrmladen,

if you are not too busy and if your schedule allows for it, would you be so kind and give a shot at post #3636 with the following attachment. Thank you.

riki

Files:

mrmladen (post #3636)

rikiolivier:
mrmladen,

if you are not too busy and if your schedule allows for it, would you be so kind and give a shot at post #3636 with the following attachment. Thank you.

riki

mrmladen,

I think this is the stoch that i have been searching for but it does not seem as though it has any alerts. Can you please add alert and email. Very appreciated. Thank you.

riki

Try out this one

It should be a 2-in-1. If you set showRatio to true it will do what the ratio version was doing. If you choose If you set showRatio to false it will do what effective indicator was doing. If this version is OK then alerts are easy

PS: you can not show all 3 values (due to lack of drawing buffers, you can not show all the moving averages of all the values) If showTotal is set to true, it will show total. If showTotal is set to false and showSmall is set to true small will be shown. Otherwise if showLarge is set to true the large will be shown

greatworth:
On a previous post, mladen and others have rectified the effective volume and effective ratio indicators. I have found an interesting trading strategy if you trade the divergence on the effective ratio and active boundaries (also available on this forum).

However, I am finding the effective ratio indicator works unbelievably slowly (I have never been able to see the effective large ratio) because of the way it was originally programmed. It uses the effective volume indicator (attached, although attached is v8.02 rather than 8.0) within the effective volume ratio rather than having the code directly within the indicator.

Furthermore, it is missing the ability to choose which line (total, small or large) as well as the average period length of the effective volume should be used within the effective ratio (which separately has the ability to choose the time and period.

Is there anybody out there who could rectify these issues and put this together as one comprehensive indicator rather than an indicator within an indicator and adjust anything required to make it work at a normal speed?

So that you have it, the effective ratio (which is effectively the force of players) is:

positive effective volume - negative effective volume for a period of time (say 30 bars)

divided by the total volume (i.e. volume in metatrader) for that period of time.

The large effective ratio only takes account of the large effective volume, the total effective ratio only takes account of the total effective volume etc.

Many thanks in advance

effective ratio

mladen:
Try out this one

It should be a 2-in-1. If you set showRatio to true it will do what the ratio version was doing. If you choose If you set showRatio to false it will do what effective indicator was doing. If this version is OK then alerts are easy

PS: you can not show all 3 values (due to lack of drawing buffers, you can not show all the moving averages of all the values) If showTotal is set to true, it will show total. If showTotal is set to false and showSmall is set to true small will be shown. Otherwise if showLarge is set to true the large will be shown

mladen - many thanks - the logic of the two in one indicator is good. I haven't been through the maths, but one thing I have noticed straight off. If you look at the large volume and small volume (and the same for the effective ratio - i.e. small ratio vs large ratio) the lines/values are the same (they are however different to the total - as they should be). Not sure why this would be?

greatworth

Don't know. I kept the logic of your 8.2 version and checked now : it does the same. Check this code block if it is what you had in mind :
if (MathAbs(tmp4) < avgVol)

if (showSmall) Buffer2 += tmp4;

else if (showLarge) Buffer3 += tmp4;
greatworth:
mladen - many thanks - the logic of the two in one indicator is good. I haven't been through the maths, but one thing I have noticed straight off. If you look at the large volume and small volume (and the same for the effective ratio - i.e. small ratio vs large ratio) the lines/values are the same (they are however different to the total - as they should be). Not sure why this would be?
Reason: