Indicators with alerts/signal - page 179

hobbit
hobbit  

Hi cja,

Don't know if you were able to get my PM's or not so I just wanted to thank you here for adding the alert to that indicator for me.

Also, I have a new question for anyone who can answer it. I am looking for an alert for the CCI. What I am looking for is a CCI alert that will send a sound alert and an email alert whenever any level that I select under the levels tab is crossed. I don't know if this already exists or not. I did a search here for it but didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

I was just reading around the forum and saw some posts asking for this indicator to be coded with the alerts I described and it seemed like they were not answered. Is this an impossible task? I am just curious as it seems that a lot of other indicators can be coded to send alerts when a level has been reached.

Thanks,

Corey

hobbit
hobbit  

Hi cja,

Here is the mq4 for the CCI. Thanks for looking at it. Also was wondering if it would be possible to make a sound and email alert for when %k and %d cross on the stochastic.

hobbit
hobbit  
cja:
I have modified 2 CCI indicators & your Stochastic, if you look under inputs you will see that i have given you options to turn ON/OFF the Alerts as required plus i have added a small line to the indicator to show what functions are turned OFF/ON as per the screenshot. The CCIFilter_Email indicator has many Alert levels and may be more than you require.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Make sure you enable your MT4 platform email function which you will find under Tools/Options/Emailand set your email to the lowest send/receive settingthat you can - usually the minimum is 1 minute.

The email that is sent has this sort of message

CCI Xrossed @ Level 100

EURUSD M15

Price 1.4390

Time = 02:38:08

Date = 2007.10.29

Stochastic Xrossed UP

EURUSD M15, BUY @ 1.4390

Time = 02:32:32

Date = 2007.10.29

Wow - thanks cja! That was fast. I will try those out right away.

hobbit
hobbit  

Help please.

Hi cja,

Would it be possible to add an email alert to this indicator? It currently has sound only.

Thanks.

hobbit
hobbit  
Sadly:
Try this .... PS Hopefully it won't fire-off an email every tick!

Lol! thanks I'll give it a try. Actually, I don't really care if it fires one off every tick(although it would be nice if it didn't since it is going to my cell) because as soon as I get the first one it is time to trade and I will turn it off. So thanks a lot and I will give it a shot!. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again,

Hobbit

hobbit
hobbit  

Dmi alert

Hi Sadly,

Well the good news is it doesn't go off every tick. I think there is something else going on with the original alert I uploaded that isn't doing what I want.

Basically I want an alert that will email me only when either a. (Dmi+ is above 25 and Dmi - is below 20) or b. (Dmi- is above 25 and Dmi+ is below 20) . Or whatever the levels are that are inserted in the levels tab.

I realize that probably has nothing to do with the email alert you put in which worked well but went off when both Dmi+ and Dmi- were below 20.

I don't know if there is anything to be done about that or not but I thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks again and I would appreciate any help if there is a solution to this.

Hobbit

hobbit
hobbit  
Sadly:
I've looked at the code and there doesn't appear to be any user defined DMI input parameters although the code itself sets levels at 20 and 25 so I've altered the alert code to check to see if either of the conditions you mentioned are true and if they are then to send an email (fingers crossed).

Wow! Great thanks. I will try it again. I appreciate your help and will let you know the results.

Hobbit

hobbit
hobbit  
MrPip:
The version posted earlier gave an alert when dmi + crossed dmi - either cross above or below. No levels were taken into account.

I modified the code to check for the levels as asked. The levels must be input as HighLevel and LowLevel. Default is 25 and 20.

Hope this works as expected.

Robert

Thanks a lot for your help Mr. Pip and you too Sadly. I am sure this will work out. I know nothing about the code - only know what I want to happen LOL!

Thanks so much for the assistance - I will test this and see what happens.

Hobbit

hobbit
hobbit  

Thanks Guys

I appreciate your help and have this up on my chart now. I actually do not want to be alerted on a cross at all but rather only when the levels are met. I probably was not clear on that. Anyway I have it up now - I believe I got a cross but no email - only sound so I will wait untill the levels are met to see if I receive the email.

If it works then I do not mind having a sound alert on the cross - I just don't want to be emailed on the cross.

Thanks,

Hobbit

PS- you are both superior human beings lol

hobbit
hobbit  
MrPip:
My version DMI_Levels_alert_email looks only at the levels as requested.

Sends email and gives alert when either condition is met for dmi_p above 25 and dmi_m below 20 OR dmi_m above 25 and dmi_p below 20.

Robert

Mr. Pip,

That is excellent! Exactly what I wanted. I am just waiting for the levels to be reached to test it. I appreciate the quick response - it was more than I hoped for or expected.

Hobbit