EA based 5_34_5 indicator - page 5

Maybe I dont understand something or doing something wrong. But this indicator shows nice history but in real time now I have this.

It is too late.

Files:
eurusd1h.gif  32 kb

Hey 50club

When u post your EA, it is already set?, ok when they lines crossed, the robot close the order ?

I think this the best idea !!

And only after few hours it showed long, then short again. So how people want trade with this indicator?

stace:
And only after few hours it showed long, then short again. So how people want trade with this indicator?

Interesting that I see no reply to your question..... Any takers out there?

et_phonehome_2:
Interesting that I see no reply to your question..... Any takers out there?

It's quite simple, the indicator repaints, most of the time quite a few bars. It's not a reliable trading system on its own. It might be decent if another indicator was added. I will elaborate a little more, it's based off previous MA values, which means it adjusts constantly, thus making it not so reliable. If I recall someone already made this point earlier in this thread.

exactly..

But can be astonishingly good when lined up with other indicators that agree with the cross. This indicator has lots of potential as the first trigger that has to be confirmed on each cross before trade entry.

Brian

jturns23:
It's quite simple, the indicator repaints, most of the time quite a few bars. It's not a reliable trading system on its own. It might be decent if another indicator was added. I will elaborate a little more, it's based off previous MA values, which means it adjusts constantly, thus making it not so reliable. If I recall someone already made this point earlier in this thread.

Judging from the code 5-34-5 is another wrongly coded indicator

The SMA(5)-SMA(34) of median price (6 occurrences of it in indicator code) is what is known as Awesome oscillator.

What the indicator draws is :
an Awesome oscillator (the red line) - this part is OK

and what should be a signal line which is calculated as an average of current + 4 future values of Awesome oscillator (the light blue line) - I doubt that it was the intention to use future values for signal line

Save some time, do not build EA based on 5-34-5 indicator
Files:
ao.gif  14 kb

mladen:

Yea I kinda came to same conclusion.. This is status page from the simple ea that I put up at the beginning of the thread.. Now this is only 4 days of testing..

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Very interesting..

thansk mladen.

mladen:
Judging from the code 5-34-5 is another wrongly coded indicator

The SMA(5)-SMA(34) of median price (6 occurrences of it in indicator code) is what is known as Awesome oscillator.

What the indicator draws is :
an Awesome oscillator (the red line) - this part is OK

and what should be a signal line which is calculated as an average of current + 4 future values of Awesome oscillator (the light blue line) - I doubt that it was the intention to use future values for signal line

that's right Mladen !

Reason: