Indicators with alerts/signal - page 365

RIKI OLIVIER SR
RIKI OLIVIER SR  

mrmladen (post #3636)

rikiolivier:
mrmladen,

if you are not too busy and if your schedule allows for it, would you be so kind and give a shot at post #3636 with the following attachment. Thank you.

riki

mrmladen,

I think this is the stoch that i have been searching for but it does not seem as though it has any alerts. Can you please add alert and email. Very appreciated. Thank you.

riki

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Try out this one

It should be a 2-in-1. If you set showRatio to true it will do what the ratio version was doing. If you choose If you set showRatio to false it will do what effective indicator was doing. If this version is OK then alerts are easy

PS: you can not show all 3 values (due to lack of drawing buffers, you can not show all the moving averages of all the values) If showTotal is set to true, it will show total. If showTotal is set to false and showSmall is set to true small will be shown. Otherwise if showLarge is set to true the large will be shown

greatworth:
On a previous post, mladen and others have rectified the effective volume and effective ratio indicators. I have found an interesting trading strategy if you trade the divergence on the effective ratio and active boundaries (also available on this forum).

However, I am finding the effective ratio indicator works unbelievably slowly (I have never been able to see the effective large ratio) because of the way it was originally programmed. It uses the effective volume indicator (attached, although attached is v8.02 rather than 8.0) within the effective volume ratio rather than having the code directly within the indicator.

Furthermore, it is missing the ability to choose which line (total, small or large) as well as the average period length of the effective volume should be used within the effective ratio (which separately has the ability to choose the time and period.

Is there anybody out there who could rectify these issues and put this together as one comprehensive indicator rather than an indicator within an indicator and adjust anything required to make it work at a normal speed?

So that you have it, the effective ratio (which is effectively the force of players) is:

positive effective volume - negative effective volume for a period of time (say 30 bars)

divided by the total volume (i.e. volume in metatrader) for that period of time.

The large effective ratio only takes account of the large effective volume, the total effective ratio only takes account of the total effective volume etc.

Many thanks in advance
CTC
CTC  

effective ratio

mladen:
Try out this one

It should be a 2-in-1. If you set showRatio to true it will do what the ratio version was doing. If you choose If you set showRatio to false it will do what effective indicator was doing. If this version is OK then alerts are easy

PS: you can not show all 3 values (due to lack of drawing buffers, you can not show all the moving averages of all the values) If showTotal is set to true, it will show total. If showTotal is set to false and showSmall is set to true small will be shown. Otherwise if showLarge is set to true the large will be shown

mladen - many thanks - the logic of the two in one indicator is good. I haven't been through the maths, but one thing I have noticed straight off. If you look at the large volume and small volume (and the same for the effective ratio - i.e. small ratio vs large ratio) the lines/values are the same (they are however different to the total - as they should be). Not sure why this would be?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

greatworth

Don't know. I kept the logic of your 8.2 version and checked now : it does the same. Check this code block if it is what you had in mind :
if (MathAbs(tmp4) < avgVol)

if (showSmall) Buffer2 += tmp4;

else if (showLarge) Buffer3 += tmp4;
greatworth:
mladen - many thanks - the logic of the two in one indicator is good. I haven't been through the maths, but one thing I have noticed straight off. If you look at the large volume and small volume (and the same for the effective ratio - i.e. small ratio vs large ratio) the lines/values are the same (they are however different to the total - as they should be). Not sure why this would be?
aliza_2084
aliza_2084  

hi

please add alert to this indicator

thanks

Files:
bars.mq4 5 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

rikiolivier

Just an idea : why don't you use the simplest solution : since stochastic is ranging from 0 to 100 you can easily place as many stochastic indicators in one sub-window as you wish. For that purpose you can use the indicator you already mentioned (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page243 ) and that way you can have an unlimited number of combinations. For example, the 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 combination would look like this in that case :

So, all you have to do is to drag the stochastic)s) that already has an alert into the same window and you can have as many of them as you wish (you would not depend on drawing buffers limitation)

rikiolivier:
Hello fellow traders and Great programmers of this forum. I am in need of a stochastic indicator which has 3 stochastic settings in it so that I can set for overbought and oversold with popup and email alerts. Not sure if this exists or not but can't seem to find it and unfortunately I am not a programmer. The settings that I would like to have would be 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 with overbought being 90 and oversold being 10. Maybe someone could kindly make this indi for me if they have the time. I use this on the MT4 but with the stochastics overlayed on top of each other but I would have to periodically check my screen for trade possibilities. So please it would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you. riki
Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

aliza_2084

A suggestion : If you have the original source code, post that. I doubt that someone add alerts to a decompiled code

aliza_2084:
hi

please add alert to this indicator

thanks
biddick
biddick  

Woov Mladen !

Truly you reflect the character on your avatar trying to help everyone.What is the character called on your avatar ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Mr Bean (according to my younger daughter) :):)

biddick:
... What is the character called on your avatar ?
CTC
CTC  

effective ratio

mladen:
greatworth Don't know. I kept the logic of your 8.2 version and checked now : it does the same. Check this code block if it is what you had in mind :
if (MathAbs(tmp4) < avgVol)

if (showSmall) Buffer2 += tmp4;

else if (showLarge) Buffer3 += tmp4;

mladen - i tried changing the code to buffer2 and 3 from 7 and 8 as above, but that produced no results - so maybe you meant something else. Perhaps it might be easier to put into a revised indicator. What I would say is that the original code may not be 100% correct in its logic (which is why i came to you!!!).

To clarify my last statement, I have looked at your code for the effective ratio (that I am presuming is buffer 6 (total ratio),7(small ratio) and 8(large ratio), but I am not convinced that we previously had the right equation. The effective ratio should be:

positive effective volume - negative effective volume for a period of time (say 30 bars)

and then you divide this by the total volume (i.e. volume in metatrader) for that period of time.

For further clarification, positive effective volume refers to the total of those bars where there was firstly an effective volume (as there is only an effective volume where the volume has moved the price) and where that volume was was more than 0. Negative effective volume - vice versa. This effective volume can then be split into total, large or small

If this doesn't match what the indicator should be showing - then it would need to be adjusted.

many thanks again from all of us hoping to use this!