Indicators with alerts/signal - page 365

hi

please add alert to this indicator

thanks

Files:
bars.mq4  5 kb

rikiolivier

Just an idea : why don't you use the simplest solution : since stochastic is ranging from 0 to 100 you can easily place as many stochastic indicators in one sub-window as you wish. For that purpose you can use the indicator you already mentioned (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page243 ) and that way you can have an unlimited number of combinations. For example, the 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 combination would look like this in that case :

So, all you have to do is to drag the stochastic)s) that already has an alert into the same window and you can have as many of them as you wish (you would not depend on drawing buffers limitation)

rikiolivier:
Hello fellow traders and Great programmers of this forum. I am in need of a stochastic indicator which has 3 stochastic settings in it so that I can set for overbought and oversold with popup and email alerts. Not sure if this exists or not but can't seem to find it and unfortunately I am not a programmer. The settings that I would like to have would be 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 with overbought being 90 and oversold being 10. Maybe someone could kindly make this indi for me if they have the time. I use this on the MT4 but with the stochastics overlayed on top of each other but I would have to periodically check my screen for trade possibilities. So please it would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you. riki
Files:

aliza_2084

A suggestion : If you have the original source code, post that. I doubt that someone add alerts to a decompiled code

aliza_2084:
hi

please add alert to this indicator

thanks

Woov Mladen !

Truly you reflect the character on your avatar trying to help everyone.What is the character called on your avatar ?

Mr Bean (according to my younger daughter) :):)

biddick:
... What is the character called on your avatar ?

mladen:
rikiolivier

Just an idea : why don't you use the simplest solution : since stochastic is ranging from 0 to 100 you can easily place as many stochastic indicators in one sub-window as you wish. For that purpose you can use the indicator you already mentioned (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page243 ) and that way you can have an unlimited number of combinations. For example, the 7,3,3 - 14,3,3 and 21,3,3 combination would look like this in that case :

So, all you have to do is to drag the stochastic)s) that already has an alert into the same window and you can have as many of them as you wish (you would not depend on drawing buffers limitation)

mr mladen

Thank you for your suggestion. I do currently have that setup and it does works fine for me. My intentions though is to have this configuration combined into one indicator with alerts when all three settings reach the overbought and oversold levels so that it takes away the visual of having to sit in front of the pc and waiting for a signal. The current setup does not afford me that opportunity and I would also be able to place trades during the day while at work if I were to receive any signals via my cell phone. So this is my dilema at this time. Thank you for taking the time to respond. You are doing great work here and we all appreciate you.

riki

effective ratio

mladen:
greatworth Don't know. I kept the logic of your 8.2 version and checked now : it does the same. Check this code block if it is what you had in mind :
if (MathAbs(tmp4) < avgVol)

if (showSmall) Buffer2 += tmp4;

else if (showLarge) Buffer3 += tmp4;

mladen - i tried changing the code to buffer2 and 3 from 7 and 8 as above, but that produced no results - so maybe you meant something else. Perhaps it might be easier to put into a revised indicator. What I would say is that the original code may not be 100% correct in its logic (which is why i came to you!!!).

To clarify my last statement, I have looked at your code for the effective ratio (that I am presuming is buffer 6 (total ratio),7(small ratio) and 8(large ratio), but I am not convinced that we previously had the right equation. The effective ratio should be:

positive effective volume - negative effective volume for a period of time (say 30 bars)

and then you divide this by the total volume (i.e. volume in metatrader) for that period of time.

For further clarification, positive effective volume refers to the total of those bars where there was firstly an effective volume (as there is only an effective volume where the volume has moved the price) and where that volume was was more than 0. Negative effective volume - vice versa. This effective volume can then be split into total, large or small

If this doesn't match what the indicator should be showing - then it would need to be adjusted.

many thanks again from all of us hoping to use this!

greatworth

Try this version out. It has that part simplified and it is very easy now to add any code or to alter it as you wish in it. Also, I find that now the "large" is giving rather interesting values (see the example). Check it out and I think you will find it easy to adjust the code now to any idea you have about it

effective ratio

mladen:
greatworth

Try this version out. It has that part simplified and it is very easy now to add any code or to alter it as you wish in it. Also, I find that now the "large" is giving rather interesting values (see the example). Check it out and I think you will find it easy to adjust the code now to any idea you have about it

Thanks mladen, I will look again. Actually seeing flat lines is correct, as what it is showing is that in the period of the flat line, it was the small players that were moving the price (or there was no effective volume). That all said I find the effective ratio is a better forward indicator than the effective volume.

Again many thanks, unfortunately my coding skills are non existant, so I will have to rely on others for any further coding!

effective ratio

greatworth:
Thanks mladen, I will look again. Actually seeing flat lines is correct, as what it is showing is that in the period of the flat line, it was the small players that were moving the price (or there was no effective volume). That all said I find the effective ratio is a better forward indicator than the effective volume. Again many thanks, unfortunately my coding skills are non existant, so I will have to rely on others for any further coding!

mladen, been playing a little with the indicator - can i check my understanding please, in regards to which line is which when putting it in an EA. As I understand:

0 = total effective volume

1 = small effective volume

2 = large effective volume

3 = first MA, depending upon whether Effective Volume (0=false) or Effective Ratio (1=true) is selected, and MA will reflect the total, small or large effective volume or effective ratio. So for example, if volume/ratio is true=1 AND total volume =1 i.e true, and small and large volume =0, i.e. false, then this will show the MA for the Total effective ratio.

4 = second MA, works same way as 3

5 = total effective ratio

6 = small effective ratio

7 = large effective ratio

Is this correct?

Also does it look to you as if the effective ratio equation is correct according to my second last post today?

many thanks

Reason: