Stochastic OBOS alert [Coded] - page 3

Thanks very much for the indicator, Scorpion. It works exactly as it should. I appreciate your effort.

Ed

Yes, It is a great idea.. However one of the challenges I am now incurring is that I have it set up on multiple charts and the alarm goes off quite a bit and I have to then examine each chart to try and figure out which one the alarm applies to... Is there any way a field could be added to help ID which chart it is being used on?

thanks for the code

Fantastic, this Site has fabulous stuff. Well done scorpion appreciate your EA

May i inquire how i can modify the code to display the pair(Eur/Usd or Gbp/Usd etc) that fulfils the criteria instead of just displaying Stoch ob/os

I think it'll just require a slight change in the coding but i don't know which part of the code to modify.

Thanks

Thanks Scoprpion for sharing your programing skills. You rock!

Nice thread.. keep it up.

Hi, this alert is great, but I can't seem to get it to work only on the close of the bar. Basically I am looking for the following:

If

Stochastic D is over 80 (or under 20)

And bar closes while Stochastic is still in overbought/oversold territory in current timeframe

Then Alert

Any help would be appreciated!

FXSamurai:
Hi everyone. First post here. Really appreciate some of the things that can be found on this forum. This alert for stochastics was just what I was looking for. Very clean, and very effective I still have to learn just about everything about programming indicators., EAs, etc..., but sometimes I manage to make some modifications to existing indicators, to customize them for my purpose. So here's a small modification I made for this stochastics alert. This version gives you an alert when D goes above or below the overbought or oversought levels. The way that the K en D cross option works remains unchanged. I guess it could be a cool modification to make it possible to program this possibility into the basic indicator, for example so that you have a field in the parameters menu where you can switch between K or D for the OB/OS levels. On the other hand, that may needlessly complicate matters, and it may be better to simply have 2 versions. But there is one modification that would make this indicator really much more comfortable to use: it would be great if the OB/OS levels could be linked to the cross of K and D, in such a way so that you only get an alert for crosses that occur with K above/below the levels that are indicated in the OB/OS level fields. For example, I like to concentrate on setups where K and D cross when being above/below 80/20, and to get an alert only in these cases. But the way things are now, alerts are given for any cross, at any level. Anyway, thanks for an already great and very useful alert, and thanks for any improvements!

hello fxSamurai,

thank for this great alert. I am idiot in programming, can you pease hep : i am using the indicator in mutiple cuureny and time frame, can you show in the alert message the currency and time frame. same as in your MACD aert,

thanks in advance.

Dkonan

The indicator is great! Thanks scorpion and fxsamurai.

But there is a lilltle problem. I'm using several chart so it's not showing me the currency pair name and chart time frame. It would be great if show symbol and chart time frame when it alert with message.

Can anyone add this feature please?

Reason: