Profit Generator EA results - page 4

Going live as well!

Same settings as trader geek, 4 majors, H1 OM 30 TP 80, but 3 lots.

Should be a fun few days... I may intervene prior to the trade balance news tomorrow.

TraderGeek:
No guts, no glory!

I've been forward testing this EA for a couple of weeks now and have had good results in demo. Going live with 3.2.3 on IBFX tomorrow.

Trading 4 majors, H1, OM 30, TP 80. Everything else defaults.

Wish me luck. Will post results here.

Good Luck TraderGeek. I was going to go live on Monday but I felt another week of forward testing would be best. This EA is very profitable with the correct settings but we are going to keep needing to check trends as they do change so settings will need to be continually updated in the future, imho.

I think the institutions kind of know what works and they have recently changed the trading so that many of the successful trading systems in the past don't work very well anymore. I believe they do that on purpose. Support and Resistance used to really work, but not now. We need to keep up the hard work on testing this EA and make a little profit on the side.

novafx99:
Holyguy - Nice statement! Heavy margin though. Even with a mini, you'll need at least 5g's to give it a real chance.

I have a 6G live mini account ready to go when I decide to go live. Accually, if you notice on the statement, only using the 3 majors made most of the $$$ so I would probably just go with them.

GBPUSD

EURUSD

USDCHF

Thanks and most the settings as you can see are default except I just increased the Take Profit to 80 and set the Obsolete to 30. It seems to work very successfully and this was also very profitable last week too.

If only we can implement the Triggerline indicator along with this EA to give it a real confirmation of the direction, this will really rock!

fix_man:
If only we can implement the Triggerline indicator along with this EA to give it a real confirmation of the direction, this will really rock!

Triggerline is OK but has a nasty habit of whipsawing during ranging periods. Better stick with what we have. I noticed that the two indicators that are on the EA don't really help at all that I have found. Perhaps somebody has found some that work.

For those going live, don't use the USDJPY currency pair as I have not yet found good settings to make it successful. We need to keep working.

My goal is to find good settings on all the USD currency pairs:

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, NZDUSD, AUDUSD, USDCAD

and to find good settings on all the JPY currency pairs as well:

EURJPY, GBPJPY, CHFJPY, NZDJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY

That way, if news comes out for the USD, at least it should not effect the JPY pairs and vice-versa. Just a thought. A kind of a diversification.

Settings for other pairs

Should backtesting be relied on for this EA? I assume H1 is accepted as the best TF?

The idea of an autonomic system that embodies heuristics the "Pros" use seems achievable. In another post there was mention of a CSV of news events; if the EA can pull a list of exogenous events from a http link with an XML/CSV/whatever, I could see a "signals" service for news easily being created. Heck, it should be possible to "curl" it from a place like http://www.fxstreet.com, albiet in a brittle manner.

I'm fairly new to this stuff and already quite well in the hole, so why not dig a little deeper eh? =)

I've removed USDJPY from my live environment, and am very interested in helping forward test commencing next week. If a grid of parameters that seem like good potentials is established, I can (work hours permitting) configure say 25 demo accounts. Of course, I suspect we run a serious risk of curve fitting with only a week's data, forward or backward.

Specifically with USDJPY, optimzing on last week's data, these appear to be decent settings. Does this EA backtest reliably?

LongBar=10 stoploss=60 takeprofit=100 ObsoleteMinutes=150 ID_BASE=100000 BarOpenPercent=0.5 MaxTrades=1 lots=1 Risk=10 PairsTraded=0 TSactivation=40 TrailPips=5 FromHourTrade=7 ToHourTrade=20 period=0 hour_to_close=21 LowEMA=10 HighEMA=16 EMAtf=0 StoTF=1

Then applying those settings to all the backdata I can quickly grab from MIG (sorry, no time to import right now), attached are the results I get. Am I doing something wrong with the backtest?

What other settings?

TraderGeek:
No guts, no glory!

I've been forward testing this EA for a couple of weeks now and have had good results in demo. Going live with 3.2.3 on IBFX tomorrow.

Trading 4 majors, H1, OM 30, TP 80. Everything else defaults.

Wish me luck. Will post results here.

Hi TraderGeek,

are you using

UseObsoleteMethod=false; ?

OMwhenProfitOnly=false; ?

I know obviously if you are changing the default they should be true. but just to make sure..

Thanks.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your hard work....

Permit me to add an info about TradeStation :

It is possible to get a 30 Days Trial period for us$25.....

Just mail REQUEST ( 30 Days TS Trial @ us$25 ) to :

sales@sirtrade.com

Then, after getting the reply, just go to the following page :

http://www.sirtrade.com/TS6request.htm

30 days offer trial for $25 + exchange fee. This is the normal TradeStation 8 version without any limitation

..................................................................................................................

The low cost trial will turn into a normal subscription after 30 days. Do not forget to cancel the trial offer from the software menu before this date if you do not want to be charged of the normal amount

...........................................................................................................

BYE
Important

The EA is doing very well. I believe I am getting ready to go live here in the next week or two.

By the way, please download and use the latest version as Nich has fixed a couple bugs found in the code.

Latest Version can be downloaded HERE

I also will be able to contribute to have the EA converted over to Tradestation. However, I would need to be sure that all who contribute would be able to get all the results and settings of the most successful and worst backtesting results.

Thanks Nich for the GREAT EA

FX-Hedger:
Hi TraderGeek,

are you using

UseObsoleteMethod=false; ?

OMwhenProfitOnly=false; ?

UseObsoleteMethod = true

I haven't enabled OMwhenProfitOnly as I was trying follow HolyGuy7's settings.

Reason: