Please fix this indicator or EA - page 37

effective volume indicator going very slow

Dear Mladen

I have run a quick EA using the updated indicator - very good results - thank you.

However, it took an age to process, and when I tried to load the indicator up it crashed my computer. So whilst it now (I think) is coming back with the correct results) it is running almost too slowly to use. Any ideas of what we can do?

really appreciate your help

Here are versions that work much faster and a test EA (ev test) I used to test the call to the ratio indicator. As far as I see it is all OK now

greatworth:
Dear Mladen

I have run a quick EA using the updated indicator - very good results - thank you.

However, it took an age to process, and when I tried to load the indicator up it crashed my computer. So whilst it now (I think) is coming back with the correct results) it is running almost too slowly to use. Any ideas of what we can do?

really appreciate your help

- formatDouble

mladen:
Try this function. It is simple and does what you are looking for (you need to specify decimal precision only) Usage would be something like formatDouble(someNumber,someRequiredPrecision)

many thanks - any idea why formatDouble function returns -,xxx.00 on negative numbers in hundreds range - see image (£-,158.07). Positive numbers format correctly.

The following code is used to call function formatDouble: string Acc_Profit = formatDouble(AccountProfit(),2);

Files:

...can indicator be smoothed without loosing quality?...

Need Help Please With QQE EA

Hi Folks

I am working on a project that uses the cross of the two lines of the QQE indicator. This is coming from some success I am having with my manual trading which I have been doing for awhile.

I am however a complete novice at coding Ea's. I have used Expert Advisor Builder

Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

I am having trouble with setting indicator 'parameter' in the buy & sell command. Probably this is because I have not defined correctly the variables of the two lines or specifically the numerical value of the two lines. The indicator refers to Value 1 and Value 2 but when I try this with EA builder it doesn't seem to work.

I want to start with just a simple stop and reverse buy and sell logic based on the two lines in the indicator crossing and then I will build in some other refinements later.

I have attached the indicator and the EA. Would really appreciate some help with this from some of you that can do this in your sleep.

Files:
qqea_v1.1.mq4  10 kb
qqea.mq4  4 kb

Search For iCustom

pacinvest:
Hi Folks

I am having trouble with setting indicator 'parameter' in the buy & sell command. Probably this is because I have not defined correctly the variables of the two lines or specifically the numerical value of the two lines. The indicator refers to Value 1 and Value 2 but when I try this with EA builder it doesn't seem to work.

Hi Pacinvest,

Do a search for iCustom.

You need to include all the "externs" in the indicator into the EA iCustom lines.

Replace your Value 1 and Value 2 with the actual QQEA indicator extern parameters. (Hint - QQEA.mq4 has 3 externs).

Hope this helps,

Robert

One more line needed in that code in order to avoid that situation. It should be like this :
string formatDouble(double number, int precision, string pcomma=",", string ppoint=".")

{

string snum = DoubleToStr(number,precision);

int decp = StringFind(snum,".",0);

string sright = StringSubstr(snum,decp+1,precision);

string sleft = StringSubstr(snum,0,decp);

string formated = "";

string comma = "";

while (StringLen(sleft)>3)

{

int length = StringLen(sleft);

string part = StringSubstr(sleft,length-3,0);

formated = part+comma+formated;

comma = pcomma;

sleft = StringSubstr(sleft,0,length-3);

}

if (sleft=="-") comma="";

if (sleft!="") formated = sleft+comma+formated;

if (precision>0) formated = formated+ppoint+sright;

return(formated);

}

file45:
many thanks - any idea why formatDouble function returns -,xxx.00 on negative numbers in hundreds range - see image (£-,158.07). Positive numbers format correctly.

The following code is used to call function formatDouble: string Acc_Profit = formatDouble(AccountProfit(),2);

effective volume indicator flat

Mladen. again thanks for your help - I think that the indicator is working correctly in an EA, but when looking at it on the charts it is almost flat as if it has been given an enormous scale which is fixed. Hence it is very difficult to see the ups and downs of the indicator.

Any ideas? again, many thanks for your help

mladen:
Here are versions that work much faster and a test EA (ev test) I used to test the call to the ratio indicator. As far as I see it is all OK now

I guess that you are referring to the "EVIndicator2011v6Noam "indicator.

As a start the same PS I told about previous indicator you posted, relates to that one too : you are accumulating values starting from the first bar on chart and it is not a good idea (since it leads to values flattening - degradation - and it happens in your original indicator value too). I did not change the way you calculate values since the assumption is that it is what you want in the first place (the goal was to make it faster and to avoid the problems you were mentioning in your posts, as f method there are some known indicators that use same kind of accumulating - step stochastic for example (I do not agree with that method, but people were using it), hence the assumption that it is what you wanted to do in the first place)

If you wish to avoid that flattening (degradation) you have to limit the sample to some reasonable value. It is usually done by "windowing" : use only certain number of bars for one bar calculation (as a sample) instead of accumulating it over the whole history. That way you will avoid all the pitfalls of the "whole history accumulation" method.

greatworth:
Mladen. again thanks for your help - I think that the indicator is working correctly in an EA, but when looking at it on the charts it is almost flat as if it has been given an enormous scale which is fixed. Hence it is very difficult to see the ups and downs of the indicator. Any ideas? again, many thanks for your help

effective volume indicator flat

mladen

i have looked at this again and am not sure that the issue is as below. When I put the indicator up, I leave only the large volume as true, and put the total and small volume as false - so that i only see one. However, looking at the charts, it is actually showing the values for all 3, hence why the scale is so large. Is there anything that you would have done which would have disabled which mode to see?

thanks

mladen:
I guess that you are referring to the "EVIndicator2011v6Noam "indicator.

As a start the same PS I told about previous indicator you posted, relates to that one too : you are accumulating values starting from the first bar on chart and it is not a good idea (since it leads to values flattening - degradation - and it happens in your original indicator value too). I did not change the way you calculate values since the assumption is that it is what you want in the first place (the goal was to make it faster and to avoid the problems you were mentioning in your posts, as f method there are some known indicators that use same kind of accumulating - step stochastic for example (I do not agree with that method, but people were using it), hence the assumption that it is what you wanted to do in the first place)

If you wish to avoid that flattening (degradation) you have to limit the sample to some reasonable value. It is usually done by "windowing" : use only certain number of bars for one bar calculation (as a sample) instead of accumulating it over the whole history. That way you will avoid all the pitfalls of the "whole history accumulation" method.
Reason: